BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Coco needs quad battery for small Suzuki (edit)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 01:37 PM
Coco needs quad battery for small Suzuki (edit)

From a future Nomad, on Mar. 26, 2014:

Yesterday Coco once again is asking his Internet amigos for a battery for his (preferred) Suzuki Quad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: It was not the quad he had in 2012 with the bad battery, from the future Nomad:

>>> Been reading about the battery and want to tell you that it is for the small blue quad (Suzuki). Should have taken a pic of it. It is stored in a little part of the front of an old camper...the locked door says CoCo's corral. Its the camper next to the one he lives in. Its smaller and I can see why he would prefer that one. Closer to the ground. I never saw the white one...but it looks like its the same size. It is set up with the special pegs like the one in the pic. I will get you the battery number tomorrow.

[Edited on 3-28-2014 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 02:00 PM

Any M/C guys who want to copy and post this on M/C boards, please feel free to do so. Coco needs his wheels. :yes:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 02:16 PM

it looks like the rack on the front is big enough to haul a D-8. or bring him a battery and a regulator!:lol:
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 02:46 PM

If he starts and stops the machine many times a day the charging system will not stand a chance to adequately recharge the battery. The same holds true if he starts it once and week and doesn't run it for several minutes. If the charging system seems to function a 20 watt solar panel and controller may help. A 50 watt would not be too large.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 05:57 PM

That's a good call about starting and stopping with no long charge times. In gonzaga I have seen coco on his quad many times , with no legs he is using it as a 4x4 wheel chair going here and there visiting friends
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 07:36 PM

When we were there in Oct and Nov last year Coco was riding a large red ATV.
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 07:38 PM

Same with today TW

The one shown here on this thread was no where to be seen

sold out and got out !!!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
If he starts and stops the machine many times a day the charging system will not stand a chance to adequately recharge the battery. The same holds true if he starts it once and week and doesn't run it for several minutes. If the charging system seems to function a 20 watt solar panel and controller may help. A 50 watt would not be too large.

With the two batteries I gave him he should charge one while using the other. Maybe set him up with a solar charing system if he doesn't have one.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 08:12 PM

TW: I went thru in mid Feb about a week after you and he was on the red one then.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2014 at 10:14 PM

When my friend saw the photos of the quad from 2012, he sent me an email saying it was not that one. I edited the opening post and removed the wrong quad photos.

bajaponderosa
Junior Nomad

Mood: Living and Loving The Baja Way

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 08:35 AM

I stopped and seen CoCo on the 15th of March and he was driving the red quad.
He also asked about hard cat food for his cats.
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 09:22 AM
Blue Quad

Coco was riding this last Nov when I went thru, as someone said he prefers the blue one as the red quad is a pita for him to climb aboard.
If I remember correctly the little one is also pull start?
[img][/img]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 09:27 AM

If someone can stop by Cocos and find out the ATV model or get a battery model number I can take him a battery April 15th when I'm headed down there. Maybe even figure out a solar charging system too to take him if he doesn't one.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 09:29 AM

FYI he keeps the small ATVs in a locked space under the cabover next to where he stays. That's why many of you have not seen them.
floydo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 12:08 PM

We plan to be going northbound thru there on Monday or Tuesday and will try to get the details on the battery.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 12:47 PM

That would be great, thanks.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by floydo
We plan to be going northbound thru there on Monday or Tuesday and will try to get the details on the battery.

Can you see if he needs a fuel pump for his truck. Need year, make and engine size. Thanks.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 10:54 AM

Just in from the 'future' Nomad... Coco's battery model # 12 N9 - 4B-1

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 12:12 PM

I have two on order. Will deliver to Coco on the 15th and will check his charging system and see if he has a solar charger for the battery.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 12:56 PM

Awesome!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.