Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Felipe
BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

sad.gif posted on 8-25-2003 at 08:57 PM
San Felipe

Hello, we are new here...

We are heading to San Felipe this labor day weekend and dont have any place to go, we tried booking but no avail' it was all full, we are bringing TENT with us, but no campground,... if anyone know of availble campground where we can just tent... would be great... thanks

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2003 at 10:29 PM

Hello! San Felipe is all campgrounds for over 50 miles of coastline, north and south of town. Do you need facilities, do you want to be close to town, do you have four wheel drive??? In my web site, click on the link: 'Links to Great Baja Web Sites' then find the group of links to Baja Places and click on San Felipe... lots of info there. It is www.sanfelipe.com.mx I believe. 10 miles north of town is the popular Pete's El Paraiso www.elparaiso.com campground. 15 miles south is Rancho/Laguna Percebu and 7 miles further is Nuevo Mazatlan, a campground full of wonderful shade trees (but few facilities).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2003 at 07:27 AM

BajaBronco sorry to rain on your parade but all the sources seem to think the storm (leading edge will be to San Felipe by Sat. -- wind in the 70's?
you can track it's progress on the San Felipe web site that David K posted.
sanfelipe.com.mx
then on the left "current weather"
don't think I would want to be there Sat, Sun. & Mon. :no::(
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2003 at 09:12 AM

I must agree with reefrocket. It will not be a fun weekend to camp in San Felipe with that storm coming in. High winds and probably lots of rain with a high possibility of washouts between Mexicali and San Felipe.
Bob H
:no:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2003 at 09:32 AM

Latest reports indicate that the storm will vear to the left and out over the Pacific. San Felipe should not be affected.

BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2003 at 06:23 PM

Thanks Guys!!!

Whew*^%$# I was stressin for a bit there... All the info and updates are great, thanks a bunch ).

Well there is new light to my eyes We are actually going to make it... I have been stuck on weather searching when time permits me at work.

Hope all goes well, we dont wanna be parachuting(sp?) into the sea with our tent.

It is 6pm here and I just got off work, so tired and the news is great.

Althou we still dont have a TENT site, lol... they are all FULL and we are just hoping we find a spot or when someone cancells.

~Marissa~

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2003 at 05:52 AM
San felipe tent site

I think you will not have a problem finding a tent site. Just go on down and look around. Unless you have to be right in the primier spot in all of San Felipe ( I don't know where that is) you will be able to find a spot. Lots of friendly people! If you don't have to be right in town and like it isolated the futher south you go the better. Looks like the weather will be ok too. Go for it!
BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-29-2003 at 09:37 AM
COOL - I'LL KEEP THAT IN MIND!

I'AM SO excited... WE ARE Leaving TOMMOROW at 8:00 A.M. I have been preparing for this all week...wrote down itinerary for an hour, lol... I have a feeling that we will be DOING this a lot, specially from reading everyone's posts and seeing all your pictures... I'm so excite just to check cool places in Baja, I know this is minor compare to some people here...lol...

This well be our second trip down further south, I suppose we are taking the (from san diego) Pass Tijuana - Ensenada/Rosarito highway 1 ... NOT sure but we kinda know the road, because the first time we went there, WE got lost and ended up in Mexicali instead towards San Felipe, we ended hittin NITE time and I got a lil scared, my kids did too...... the Highway *3* got us confused, now with enough searches, hope we won't get lost again...

Anyways just wanna share with you guys, we still dont have a tent site yet, but like what you guys said, just FIND one somewhere, or more to the south.

We wanna go check out puertocitos whilte we're there, we have never been there, anyone's advice would be great.

After this trip, we will be checking out MORE further south soon in the future.

Also our friends wants to go CLUBBING there, rockodile or that other one, HOW is it? How much is it to get in?

Lastly,... I have SPRINT PCS cell phone...does it work there?

Here is my email:
pinaybeauty120@yahoo.com
or Bryan : BajaBronco@mybigbronco.com

~Marissa~

[Edited on 08-25-1973 by BajaBronco]

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 11:36 AM
Another Baja nut is being created!

I would like to see BajaBronco,s jaw drop as he gets closer to Puertocitos!! You could put all the tents ever made wall to wall on the beach and still have room!
I wish he had said what kind of car he was in, I will be in Puertocitos this weekend and might have spotted him. Anyway we all know he will have a great time but I don't know about the Rockadille!!

BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 01:30 PM
Here is BajaBronco's Bronco :)

http://BigB.MyBigBronco.com/index.html

We're not taking the bronco this weekend, it still in the shop after Bryan re-built it from frame up, but in the next trip we well because we wanna go off-roading...and maybe caravan with anyone who knows the way.

We wanna check out Puertocitos, I bet it is nice... We are gonna be in a dark blue HONDA accord. I would like to get a hold of someone from this board, but I dont know how to contact anyone from there. Maybe you can show us around town. :D

~Marissa~

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 02:22 PM

Hi Marissa, let me share some thoughts. Your Accord will get to Puertecitos. However, the good pavement ends at Km. 32 (Nuevo Mazatlan driveway, a campground with shade trees on a sand beach). The next 30 miles has pot holes to no pavement at all to Puertecitos. Once there, you will find a fairly bleak, dusty village, and it will be extremely HOT! To visit the famous hot springs (at the water's edge), you will be charged to enter the private property area ($1/pp?). Drive out to near the end of the peninsula that creates the cove of Puertecitos. The boat launch is at the end. A paved path leads down to the salt water/sulfur pools, next to the gulf. Come after a high tide has receded and you can pick the temperature the suits you. The sulfur smell is strong, but it is soothing. Plan on 2 hours one way to Puertecitos, in your Honda.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 02:39 PM
Baja Bronco

I,ll look for you, don't know yet what I will drive. I will be there Sat or Sun. If you go to Puertecitos watch out for the vados south of San Felipe at about between 15 & 18 KM markers. These are known as the O'S---T dips and have caused many accidents, SLOW the first time is wise. After KM 33 you will have to slow down anyway as the pavement is gone and the potholes are DEEP. If you make it all the way down,check for Mcgyver at the house directly across (west) from the New Pemex (no gas). Or at Cowpattys on the right as you come into town. Couple of nice houses for sale at Campo Christina at KM 54 S if you like tranquility , 40 miles from San Felipe and the last 15 weedout the wimps. the real supermen live 40 miles futher at Bahia San Louis Gonzaga.

BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 02:55 PM
THANKS for the Heads up guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by mcgyver
I,ll look for you, don't know yet what I will drive. I will be there Sat or Sun. If you go to Puertecitos watch out for the vados south of San Felipe at about between 15 & 18 KM markers. These are known as the O'S---T dips and have caused many accidents, SLOW the first time is wise. After KM 33 you will have to slow down anyway as the pavement is gone and the potholes are DEEP. If you make it all the way down,check for Mcgyver at the house directly across (west) from the New Pemex (no gas). Or at Cowpattys on the right as you come into town. Couple of nice houses for sale at Campo Christina at KM 54 S if you like tranquility , 40 miles from San Felipe and the last 15 weedout the wimps. the real supermen live 40 miles futher at Bahia San Louis Gonzaga.

Thanks I'll keep these in mind. We will difinately check it out.

Quote:
Hi Marissa, let me share some thoughts. Your Accord will get to Puertecitos. However, the good pavement ends at Km. 32 (Nuevo Mazatlan driveway, a campground with shade trees on a sand beach).

Yikes, lol - pot holes ain't good, I would freak if something were to happen... hope NOT ... Thanks David K,... Bryan' is gonna be the one driving, wow we do HAVE alot of places we gotta check out,... campground with shaded trees on the beach sounds awesome!!!

I'm still at work, we will be leaving tommorow morning!

~Marissa~

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.