Originally posted by acadist
My favorite is whatever one YOUR pouring!!:biggrin::lol:

That works ONCE, but limits future campfire invitations. :biggrin:

I'm a generous guy, but there is a limit when it comes to high end tequila:yes:
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 12:33 PM

Ice cold shots of El Capricio with a wedge of lime, salt optional.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 12:43 PM

Another vote for Don Julio for just everyday sipping..

A good 'cheap' tequila is Piedra Azul Reposado, which
has well-balanced vanilla and caramel flavors, and a 'best buy' at about $18 a bottle.

[Edited on 4-11-2014 by Pompano]

1. DON JULIO - IN WISCONSON, TOO..jpg - 48kB

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 02:59 PM

$50 is a little high for me. I'm usually around $30. Espolon and Kirkland are both good in that price range.
htnfool
Nomad

Mood: Fishy

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 07:31 AM

I luv Don julio anejo. It goes about 480-760 the further south you go from mulege. Will have to find me a bottle of that DJ70 stuff.

luv all the replies, Mmmm yummy
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:14 PM

for you apple Iphone users, download the free app

Tequila Matchmaker

It is a great tool.

It uses the name and/or NOM number to find tequilas

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
for you apple Iphone users, download the free app

Tequila Matchmaker

It is a great tool.

It uses the name and/or NOM number to find tequilas

No thanks. I'd rather use my taste buds.
bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 02:30 PM

Cheapest place to buy Tequilla is the Smart and Final in Ensenada.
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 02:57 PM

In no specific order:
Espolon Blanco
Gran Centenario Anjeo (my usual go-to brand)
Reserva Del Dueno (but not available any more)
Patron Anjeo
Kirkland
Milagro Silver
And I just drank a bottle of Siete Leguas Blanco (but my son bought if for me, so I don't know how much it cost)

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 03:17 PM

a couple folks mentioned kirkland tequila, i've never tried it but im sure its a fine tequila. I just found this review comical!:lol:

Presentation: As you would expect, Kirkland Signature brand Tequila comes in a monolithic glass structure. When full, it weighs roughly fifteen pounds. The glass is incredibly thick, which results in some wonky weight distribution. This makes pouring out of the needlessly massive spout difficult, especially if you like to drink out of normal-sized things. The decal on the bottle is what we can only assume to be an agave plant, but looks more like an upside-down octopus. The best part is that the bottom of the bottle is made of clear blue glass, so if you shine a light underneath it, the bottle turns a deep blue color. It’s awesome. Price: $18.95 for 1.75 liters History: In 2006, the body of an escaped convict was found floating in the runoff pool behind Kirkland factory located forty miles south of the Mexican-American border. Once the decomposing corpse was fished from the clear liquid, a supervisor demanded the pool’s chemical makeup be determined. “It’s tequila. My god, it’s tequila,” he muttered under his breath a week later, holding the lab report in his hand. “Someone get me Corporate.” The factory runoff was then siphoned into the remains of Kirkland’s ill-fated attempt to market glass coffins for babies, and sold at Costco locations worldwide. Taste Breakdown: Aroma: Salty dirt. Initial Taste: Dirty salt. Body: Thick, hearty, and warm. Like a Jersey Shore tide-pool. Finish: Feels like gasoline but tastes like salty dirt. When you throw it up, it tastes like stomach acid. Compare With: Any other cheap tequila. Effects: Similar drunk to that of a high-gravity forty. Users are likely to be ejected from a bar for punching out a bathroom mirror. The hangover is an intense headache with lasting nausea and heart palpitations. Remember to drink plenty of water—the tequila appears to be primarily made out of snow salt interstate runoff, so it is very dehydrating. Who Should Buy It? - People that only shop at Costco. - People who like to collect dumb bottles. - People who like to buy things that are ridiculous. - Nobody. Testimonials: “It isn’t really that bad” – Adam, Banker “After a long day at the factory, I like to unwind with a nice cool glass of Kirkland Signature Tequila. Then I punch my kids.” – John, Factory Worker “A year ago I was at Costco and thought I’d try their Kirkland brand tequila. When I got home, the bottle accidentally slipped out of my hand and landed on the dog. It snapped her back like a twig. My four-year-old daughter was watching.” Erin, TV Personality “If it’s cheap, I’ll drink it. I’m not a pussy.” – Bill, student. Goes Great With: Kirkland brand chocolate chip cookies, Kirkland brand ice cream sandwiches, Kirkland brand signature vodka, Kirkland brand Pizza, Kirkland brand salt. Literally anything Kirkland makes, which is everything. Doesn’t Go Great With: Tomato soup, laundry detergent, the movie Antz. Conclusion: As someone who knows nothing about tequila or alcohol in general, we feel qualified to say Kirkland brand Tequila is any Cinco de Mayo party’s worst nightmare. Unless one of the party activities involves the guests bludgeoning each other to death with indestructible weapons made of glass and cork. In that case, it is a Cinco de Mayo must-buy. Grade: F+ (the bottle's pretty cool.)

[Edited on 4-13-2014 by willardguy]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 04:07 PM

El Jimador Añejo is very smooth, and definitely under $50. One caveat is that it's not 100% Agave, but for me it's a very nice sipping tequila.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 04:14 PM

i'm surprised pussy made it past the censor!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pauldavidmena
El Jimador Añejo is very smooth, and definitely under $50. One caveat is that it's not 100% Agave, but for me it's a very nice sipping tequila.
their reposado is 100% agave, their anejo isn't??????
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 04:18 PM

That Kirkland stuff is good. My neighbor is a tequila freak and even he says it's good stuff.

I'll go with Patron.

Although I rarely splurge and stick with my good ol' buddy - El Jimador.

If I'm at my mother in laws, then it Cazadores.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 05:28 PM

El Charro.
Either vintage is great as long as you add some lime juice to the booze.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 05:53 PM

Was at Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa this weekend. Picked up a bottle of Del Maguey Chichicapa Mezcal. While I was there I noticed that Gran Ceñtenario Añejo was on sale for $27.99 ($59.99). I also notice that it is about the same at Bevmo currently. In the not too distant past it was going for $65.00 there. I did not buy any because I have plenty of it but................

I looked for the DJ70 but they did not have any in stock. They get $53.99 for 750ml when they do.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Was at Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa this weekend. Picked up a bottle of Del Maguey Chichicapa Mezcal. While I was there I noticed that Gran Ceñtenario Añejo was on sale for $27.99 ($59.99). I also notice that it is about the same at Bevmo currently. In the not too distant past it was going for $65.00 there. I did not buy any because I have plenty of it but................

I looked for the DJ70 but they did not have any in stock. They get $53.99 for 750ml when they do.

$54 for DJ70 NOB seems better than average. So far for me Fayla in Los Barriles is the best buy at $525 pesos= +-$42, depending on the exchange of the day.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2014 at 10:48 AM

Jimador is not as good as it used to be. I won't drink it...unless offered.
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2014 at 09:27 AM

My fav is Don Julio but its pricey

Kirkland Blanco was a great surprise! We all liked it. And for about $19 its a no brainer
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TLBaja79
My fav is Don Julio but its pricey

Kirkland Blanco was a great surprise! We all liked it. And for about $19 its a no brainer
$19? It's 169 pesos for 1.5 liters in Cabo San Lucas.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.