BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Traveling to PV with My Perm Res card.....
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2014 at 08:18 PM
Traveling to PV with My Perm Res card.....

It has been a pain in the butt to travel in and out of Mexico with FM2/3. Because I don't have a copy of my exit paperwork that you are suppose to show when re-entering Mexico.

We are on our way to PV next week and I am wondering if we just show our passport, like I have done the last several visits or has anyone had any experience using their Perm Resd card to enter PV.

If so, do they ask for the paperwork that you have when you exit?

Do you have to get paperwork stamped for the trip back.

Any info would be appreciated.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2014 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch

Get your FMM and mark the appropriate spots.

I thought there were heavy restrictions against holding different visas simultaneously.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2014 at 11:36 PM

I just flew out today. When you fill out the FMM form, you just fill in the bottom portion, and include the document # on your PR card. If you are worried about it, you could drive back into Mexico, then stop at the border and fill out the form properly, get the exit stamp on your passport, as if you had never left, then exit. Then you would have it for your flight. It's kind of the opposite of getting a tourist permit because you are required to fill it out and get your passport stamped when you leave.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2014 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch

Get your FMM and mark the appropriate spots.

I thought there were heavy restrictions against holding different visas simultaneously.

RPs and citizens have a different form they fill out upon entering Mexico. It's technically an FMM but it's abbreviated. Airlines will assume a white person isn't a Mexican RP, so you may have to ask.

And I've never, ever been asked about an exit stamp or lack thereof.

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by dasubergeek]
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-16-2014 at 09:54 AM

You've got to get it cleared up or a strict migra can nail your donkey to a barn door. Stop at the INM office in PV. When I flew by private aircraft to Manzanillo I showed them my IFE card (citizen) and that was that. Yes if you are güero(a) you will be asked.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2014 at 06:09 PM

I'm glad everyone made this as clear as mud:P

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2014 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I'm glad everyone made this as clear as mud:P

Yeah...I'm just as dumb as I've always been so I'll just ignore all of it. :cool:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.