BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: SENTRI, can I have a mini propane tank in my car?
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 10:51 AM

After I get loaded, I'll be checking the border traffic website for times. Before I had my Sentri, there were times that I had to leave at 3am to get where I needed to go. There are no good times to leave early taking the regular lanes, so I'll be loaded as loaded as I can get it, to make as few trips as possible.

When I moved to Tijuana, I made three trips per week for a month with everything that I could carry myself, plus a trip with the movers. I've downsized quite a bit, and am hoping to find some help to load and unload my couch and freezer, so I don't have to hire movers this time.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjsue
After I get loaded, I'll be checking the border traffic website for times. Before I had my Sentri, there were times that I had to leave at 3am to get where I needed to go. There are no good times to leave early taking the regular lanes, so I'll be loaded as loaded as I can get it, to make as few trips as possible.

When I moved to Tijuana, I made three trips per week for a month with everything that I could carry myself, plus a trip with the movers. I've downsized quite a bit, and am hoping to find some help to load and unload my couch and freezer, so I don't have to hire movers this time.

Use the Ready Lanes with your Sentri card. :saint::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 11:26 AM

I have no idea how to get to the Ready Lanes, I just found out how to get to the Sentri Lanes. If I leave after rush hour, I probably won't have to wait more than an hour in line, plus going through the X-ray machine in secondary.
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 01:40 PM

Last I checked, the way to the Ready Lanes at SY was by going up the Vía Rápida Oriente all the way past the Pueblo Amigo Hotel. Anyone have recent updates?
bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 4-20-2014 at 12:08 AM

We always bring 5 gallon propane tanks back and forth through Sentri. You have to refill them.. Never had a problem. We also have been brining home recyclables because we don't want them to end up in an arroyo. Figured it was the responsible thing to do. Never knew it would be a problem. US companies have to bring their waste home. Seems like the right thing to do.
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 09:48 AM

Just this morning I crossed SENTRI with 3 x 5 gallon gas cans and 1 x 5 gallon water can in the back of my pickup. I also cross and fill up my 30 lb propane tank for the barbeque on the US side. No questions, no problems. I carry fishing gear, sailing gear, over night bags, and so on. Never any problems.

No fruits, vegetables, or pork products! No bananas, not even just the skin in the car.

I cross every day. You get sent to secondary once in a while for a
"compliance check" its not a big deal, it adds about 30 minutes to your day.

All that said, when ever possible, I carry items INSIDE the truck in the jump seat instead of the bed. Don't invite problems.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 12:20 PM

I'll be taking the contents of my freezer and refrigerator back with me, but no fruits, vegetables or propane.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.