Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: here comes EL NINO!!!!
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 09:19 AM

Tinfoil hats are so "last year". The most effective way to keep the space aliens from affecting your brain is to get a bunch of tatoos, nose and ear piercings (the more the better), and call everyone with whom you disagree, demeaning names.

[Edited on 4-17-2014 by grizzlyfsh95]

The harder I work, the luckier I get
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
An El Niño in our future? It's all really up to God, isn't it?;)

'El Niño' gets its name because of when it happens, the celebrated time of the birth of Jesus, El Niño de Dios.

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by David K]

The name for this weather cycle came to us out of ignorance and superstition along coastal South America where Christians attributed the situation to their god. They were nearly 10,000 years behind the times however since the Hindu gods Indra and Varun (Varuna) were in charge of this sort of thing for thousands of years before before the invention of Christianity. Revisionist history?

Today, scientific proofs provide a much more reasonable explanation. Here is a good place to start replacing superstition with scientific evidence. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tao/elnino/1997.html

A god with four arms riding a white elephant with four tusks does provide for a more ENTERTAINING world view I'll have to admit.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 09:56 AM

They were nearly 10,000 years behind the times however since the Hindu gods Indra and Varun (Varuna) were in charge of this sort of thing for thousands of years before before the invention of Christianity. Revisionist history?

Yuuuup!:lol:

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Bobvaso
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 11:43 AM

when i was living in New York, both El Nino and La Nina had an effect on our winter weather.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 11:48 AM

I am getting ready.. testing a new improved hat..

tin hat.jpg - 6kB

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 12:11 PM

Just keep the gosh darnned category 5 hurricanes away, well away from Michoacan and the Baja California peninsula - that's all I ask...Might as well include fours and threes while I'm at it...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 12:42 PM

David, there is an i-phone APP for that. Granted it comes from a country with an official state religion, but you may find the "truths" to be universal.:lol:

http://www.ucb.co.uk/extreme-weather-prayer-guide

[Edited on 4-17-2014 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 04:22 PM

Perry and David being neighbors in Asuncion should easily create a storm with all their hot air... If I was closer, I would contribute too (adding my hot air, lol)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-17-2014 at 05:01 PM

What, hoping for no storms is now "hot air"?

Jesucristo, I realize now why California is undergoing a drought.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Hey chicken little

You are a prime candidate for these current times

Do yourself a favor and don't take anyone's word for anything, but instead use your own brain to do some research.

The first place to look is Al Gore
Look at his wealth curve that happens to track with his rampage on global warming

Bottom line , always, follow the dollar and you will find your answers

You 666 boy

i thought you conservatives did not criticize people for financial success?

so messages are only true if spewed from the mouths of the poor, eh.

ok, i can buy that.

Chicken Little

The only financial nagging I will do for Al Gore is his selling a TV channel to Al Qaeda.

Regardless of your political leanings, ALWAYS follow the dollar and you will find the root of any issue.

It's all a scam

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 07:53 AM

Interesting. The way I read it, Gore is almost as rich as Romney. Remind me when the Teapublicans were complaining about HIS earnings as a vulture capitalist. Gore owned 20% of a successful TV network, when his partners and he sold that business he made a lot of money for his share. The rest of his money came from the sale of stock he earned while on the board at Apple Corporation. Is this not the American WAY?? It seems to me he bought low and sold high. Indicting him for telling an inconvenient truth (which has now been borne-out by 97% of reputable climate scientists) is just ignorance. The fact that he lost a presidential election to a Republican Supreme Court which selected the 5th worst president in American history is a sad story our grandchildren MAY live long enough to tell around their campfires.

I take it, Mr. Dysfunction, that you are also offended by the number sequence in Goat's "handle". Right?

Bill Kauth

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 10:49 AM

I am currently in PT for L2-3 microdiscectomy with a likely postop nerve entrapment so I'm bored......and this discussion just triggered my nerve nexus giving me pain that propelled my central neuron.....to this unlikely spot.........

Quote:

When the moon is in the seventh house And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius The age of Aquarius, Aquarius
Harmony and understanding Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions Mystic crystal revelation
And the minds true liberation Aquarius, Aquarius
When the moon is in the seventh house And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius Aquarius, Aquarius
Let the sunshine Let the sunshine in The sunshine in..... | MetroLyrics

But, maybe it's just the pain meds..........:lol:

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
The only financial nagging I will do for Al Gore is his selling a TV channel to Al Qaeda.

Regardless of your political leanings, ALWAYS follow the dollar and you will find the root of any issue.

It's all a scam

ok, let's follow the dollars. the people that argue against global warming are motivated by money, because they are invested in systems or industries that belch green house gasses. for example, petrochem, drivers of oversized SUVs, etc. these people allege scientists are lieing, because they fear stopping their polluting ways will interupt their gravy train or materialistic ways.

yes, the client change deniers are waging a scam.

some people are rich and act in humanitarian or altruistic ways. people like the koch brothers are not included in the humanitarian or altruistic group!

sometimes money makes people act in good ways. sometimes money makes people act in bad ways. you should figure out their motivations before you listen to them
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Indicting him for telling an inconvenient truth (which has now been borne-out by 97% of reputable climate scientists) is just ignorance. The fact that he lost a presidential election to a Republican Supreme Court which selected the 5th worst president in American history

Saw a guy from MIT speaking on climate change, and no,
for you GOP guys, MIT does not refer to Mitt Romney, he confirmed the number
above. My question is, who are the 4 that beat out GWB?
Ther can't be that many, impossible, he at least ties for
first
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 01:38 PM

The significance of this type of weather event has some positives and some negatives

Better understanding can only help to some degree ... pardon the pun

"They also found that El Niño events with no corresponding drop in OLR did not produce statistically significant anomalies in weather patterns. The dip in heat from deep convective clouds usually occurred before winter, so the timing of the signal could help forecasters improve winter seasonal outlooks, the scientists said.

“By sorting El Niño events into two categories, one with OLR changes and one without, forecasters may be able to produce winter seasonal outlooks with more confidence than previously thought possible,” Harrison said.

El Niño refers to a warming of waters along the equator in the Eastern Pacific Ocean. Through its influence on the atmosphere, El Niño shifts tropical rainfall patterns which causes further shifts in weather around the globe, including milder winters in western Canada and parts of the northern United States and wetter winters in the some southern states.

Industry sectors from energy and construction to transportation and tourism are keenly interested in how El Niño will affect their costs. El Niño-influenced weather can affect fuel oil demand, travel delays, and retail sales. Better accuracy in El Niño predictions could help industry to prepare for its impacts more efficiently.

NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth's environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources. Join us on Facebook, Twitter and our other social media channels at social media channels."

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2013/20130207_pmel_elnin...

Thanks Sweetwater ... can relate :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 4-18-2014 by wessongroup]

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

It's all a scam

ok, let's follow the dollars. the people that argue against global warming are motivated by money, because they are invested in systems or industries that belch green house gasses. for example, petrochem, drivers of oversized SUVs, etc. these people allege scientists are lieing, because they fear stopping their polluting ways will interupt their gravy train or materialistic ways.

yes, the client change deniers are waging a scam.

some people are rich and act in humanitarian or altruistic ways. people like the koch brothers are not included in the humanitarian or altruistic group!

sometimes money makes people act in good ways. sometimes money makes people act in bad ways. you should figure out their motivations before you listen to them

Chicken Little

In case you are having a difficult time comprehending what I am saying, "Follow the Money" crosses both sides of the isle.

Kind of like how water finds it's own level. I don't care what you are arguing, follow the dollar and you will find the true bottom line, have a shot of tequila. The sky really isn't falling it is simply the financing is shifting, constantly.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 04:48 PM

There is no doubt that humans can damage the environment and our habitat. There is no doubt that we can poison it and give ourselves diseases both infectious and cancerous. BUT, the planet is still much larger than we are......still, there is no excuse not to be good stewards of ourselves, IMHO

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne , professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide , and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Quote:

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 06:18 PM

and here on the back burner:

http://www.dailytech.com/NASA+Finds+Habitable+Zone+Planet+Si...

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Real scientists continually collect data and do not make finite pronouncements based on tiny amounts of data. The climate has always been changing and none of us live long enough to have any grasp on seeing anything beyond normal fluctuations.

Solar activity, volcanoes and other NATURAL occurrences cause the climate to change. Man cannot and has not ever changed the earth's global climate. If you ever were at sea then you would understand that land is the minority surface on earth and man occupies only some of the land.

If you can't see this is a massive scam to take more money from you and make government even more oppressive and controlling, then there is nothing I can do more than just ask to use common sense and see the facts... not a graph that was reversed in an Al Gore movie.

They already have been shown to be wrong, since the earth has been cooling each year since this hysteria of Global Warming began. Now they call it 'Climate Change'.. LOL! The climate has always changed over thousands to millions of years. They will continue to change with or without man. How much poorer you make American taxpayers will not change the change! :light:

Anyone know the story of Chicken Little? The Emperor Has No Clothes is also appropriate for this worship of all things liberal.

:barf:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 4-18-2014 at 08:00 PM

:lol::lol:

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.