Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  9
Author: Subject: And we are in La Paz! May 2014
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 06:24 PM
And we are in La Paz! May 2014

We are vacationing in La Paz and I thought I would share some of our experiences. The first was finding this small, cozy, well located apartment that feels like a house....$500 a month rent and you can rent for as long as you want. We found it by driving around as no one else had anything available in the immediate mode. So far, we are very happy.

The livingroom

And the kitchen, which is great and has a few utesils, one cooking pot, and 3 frying pans is quite adequate except ypu really have to squeeze in there to wash dishes. No spices provided, no water potable water provided and BYOB.

Here is the bathroom which is located in the middle ... To the left of the sink is a small full bath.

Another angle looking from livingroom towards the back (bath, bedroom and back porch).

The bedroom which has lots of closet/drawer space

Yesterday was boiling hot, so we bought a pool

And today I filled the pool waaaay up, bought some clothespins and did some laundry and we bought Rex (dog), a new bed to sleep on.

And so our adventure begins! More to come as it unravels. I am off to take Rex for a walk on the malecon and maybe search out a margarita......to compare to La Bocana's, por supuesto!

[Edited on 5-23-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 06:31 PM

have fun for us poor slobs who have to work all day!!!!!

and don't forget the fotos!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 06:32 PM

And at the far back of the patio is a cool and fun place to sit and chat.

[Edited on 4-24-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 06:36 PM

Ho Woody! Bia! Come on down and enjoy the fun!

Come visit La Bocana

JohnMcfrog
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 07:14 PM

Have fun. Looks like a good place to recharge.

Juanito
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 07:51 PM

Welcome to La Paz....

enjoy this beautiful city and have a great vacation.

I just had a delicious salad at Zitius one hour ago, plus this stunning view of the Malecon.

Karl

churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 08:09 PM

Looks like an amazing deal you got on the apartment ... I love La Paz! Hope you guys have a Blast!
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 08:21 PM

Thanks.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 08:53 PM

Thank you for the report. I'm thinking of heading there in June. wow, it's already hot?

Is the pool for the dog? Or you? Or both?

And how is it to take the dog with you in town? Have you tried? Many pet friendly places ?

Thanks!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 09:23 PM

Funny you should ask, whale-ista! Les says he bought the pool for Rex and I said the dog would be history if he put a paw in it ((((: This was with 104 degree heat and much as I love Rex, he was not welcome with me in the pool Hahahaha.

The early mornings and nights are spectacular, the days are hooooooooot.

Where is Zitius, Karl???

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 09:42 PM

Rex and I this evening, right before the margaritas arrived at Tailhunters.....a good margarita BTW.

Come visit La Bocana

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 07:04 AM

Blanca,
Enjoy La Paz, I hope one day to live there myself really like that city.

Derek
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 08:28 AM

I have a;ways really enjoyed La Paz every time we have stayed there, which is about 12 times by now.
We have always stayed near the malecón.

The three blocks behind the malecón hold some treasure trove of cute stores.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 08:35 AM

Blanca,
What flavor of margarita does Rex prefer?

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 08:59 AM

Hey John, Check your U2U......

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Rex and I this evening, right before the margaritas arrived at Tailhunters.....a good margarita BTW.

Thank you for answering my question regarding pet friendly places!

The poodle and I look forward to visiting La Paz in June. But the heat...yipes!

Does your rental place have AC? Fans? Lots of ice?

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 09:22 AM

As long as its blended, he don't care (((:

If anyone ever wants to rent, the phone number to call Claudia, the agent, is: 612. 156-0499

The apartment we are in is across the street from her office at 640 Calle Madero near Calle Republica, but there are many apartments for rent in her building too and they look nice.

Now, we have a card that reads the electric meter and you prepay to use electricity. This is a first for us.....never even heard of this before.

[Edited on 4-24-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 09:45 AM

The apt has ceiling fans everywhere and a great A/C in the bedroom. You freeze when you put it on full blast BUT, the temp at night is very cold, so we are having screens installed as I write.....but we will take them with us when we leave.

Stefano is the guy for the screens, nice as can be. 612 149-7643 and the total for a partial screen for the front window and a big screen for the sliding glass door in back was 900 pesos. Which beats the mosquitoes, roaches and mega bucks on electricity for the A/C.

New half screen:

Working on fitting the back screen properly since the house is slightly off kilter:

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 07:39 PM

Another day in La paz ... Cooked, cleaned, took a long nap and ended the day on the malecon ......

The sunset

Rex watching the sunset too as he waits for his margarita

The venue for whale-ista

And the margarita, which came much faster than yesterdays, which took at least 15 minutes in an empty restaurant/bar. But this waiter never came back to check on me, so he got a smaller tip.

All told, Life is great. Today, Les became a citizen! He called from Mexico City and the whole shebang of getting the naturalization paperwork and ordering a Mexican passport took all of 2 hours! The rest of the people were still there as he left with paperwork in hand. Folks, if you can afford Gilbert Pineda, do it. His price today April 2014 is $1000 dollars. You must fly to Mexico City two times and you pay extra to get a passport $100 or so. Flights La Paz, Mexico City one way runs you $200. And Gilberto: He is simply brilliant. What was supposed to take 4 months (like mine did) is now taking less than 2 months. Even took Gilberto by surprise as he had told us 4 months and we jumped the gun and bought tickets for June. Which we will use to commemorate his birthday, my birthday and well, another vacation .....

Edit to add: Gilberto told Les that his citizenship process was so fast because I had already become a citizen. Not sure what one thing has to do with the other...but there you have it.

[Edited on 4-27-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 08:55 PM

congrats on the citizenship! and thank you for the dog friendly photos. the poodle and I are taking notes.

Pages:  1    3  ..  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.