Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 74 American Kids Found in Mexico Schools
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 08:48 AM
74 American Kids Found in Mexico Schools

http://www.diario.com.mx/nota.asp?notaid=7d11234a41d706bbcea...

MARK STEVENSON
10 de Diciembre del 2004

MEXICO CITY- Mexican authorities took custody of 74 American youths who were attending two irregularly operated boarding schools and returned them to the United States on Thursday.

The youths, who were found to be in Mexico without proper travel or residency documents, were handed over to U.S. consular officials and then taken to Los Angeles, the Interior Department, which oversees migratory issues, said in a press statement.

The statement bore the title: ``The immigration institute rescues 74 U.S. youths with supposed behavioral problems.?? U.S. consular authorities were not immediately available for comment on the whereabouts of the students.

The Interior Department said the schools _ which it identified as the ``The Mission?? school in Ensenada, Baja California, and the ``Abundant Life Academy?? in the town of Chapala in Jalisco state _ were raided because they ``did not comply with sanitary regulations.??

``It is important to stress that none of the raids involved violence, and the human rights and personal safety of the youths were fully respected,?? the Interior Department press statement said.

Immigration agents found 57 students at the Ensenada facility and 17 in Chapala. Mexican authorities identified the schools as facilities for children ``with behavior problems.??

An Abundant Life Web site described the Abundant Life Academy at Lake Chapala as ``the answer for the gifted yet immature American troubled teen that is unmotivated and rebellious toward parental authority.??

The slogan of the facility is ``Jesus is the only answer,?? and says the academy ``is essentially a school for students who need to get back on track, to mature emotionally and spiritually, and learn that they are not the center of the universe.??

Chapala is a lakeside community about 230 miles west of Mexico City popular among U.S. expatriates and retirees.

Some schools in Ensenada, meanwhile, have had a history of problems.

In September, a lack of qualified doctors and reports that some teens were being abused prompted Mexican authorities to shut down three centers for troubled youths in Baja California.

Mexican officials sent home 564 U.S. teenagers found at the Casa by the Sea and Casa de la Esperanza schools in Ensenada, on the Pacific coast about 60 miles south of San Diego, California, after authorities found no qualified medical personnel worked at the schools and no records were being kept on the teenagers.

At the same time, about 26 teenagers from the Genesis center in Rosarito, about 15 miles south of the U.S. border _ were also sent home after Mexican immigration and health authorities carried out a surprise inspection.

All 590 teenagers did not have proper paperwork to be in Mexico.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 10:21 AM
That's margie for ya

jam packed full of wrong and outdated information that nobody really cares about anyway. She needs something to do though so she continues to post quotes as anonymous since she was booted from the board as a person!:lol:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-13-2004 at 01:09 PM

Wrong again JR, her info. is correct, read your paper.
saludos
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2004 at 01:17 PM
Again Ftd

you should actually read what I say rather than reading something into it.
And, I won't even bother about going into what's read in the paper.
That post was regarding the ex Margie poster, not about the accuracy of the quotes she put's on here.
Please try to read CLOSER and try to COMPREHEND before making your comments.:light:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2004 at 11:07 AM
This is twice

that you have misinterpreted what I am saying. And, it seems as if the only time you post is to try to prove me wrong about something.
Have you nothing to offer as far as Stories? Pictures? Advice?
Nobody is right all the time. And when I see something wrong or that I disagree with, I don't mind saying so. I expect the same back, which is why I really try to understand what is being said before I open my mouth.
Lord knows that there are some that would just love to call me on everything I say. As paybacks if nothing else :lol:
Hopefully, you are just not grasping what I am saying because I would hate to think that there is some other gringo like reason for these being your only posts.:light:
Que te pasa?
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-14-2004 at 11:29 AM

Don't wast your time Jr. If their was any credibility or integrate in what they write Thad would put there name on it . it only means that they are ashamed of there lies.
Bruce

[Edited on 12-14-2004 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.