Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: NORRA
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2014 at 10:01 PM
NORRA

The NORRA Mexican 1000 starts tomorrow with live tracking at www.NORRA.com . Racing from Ensenada to Bahia LA, Day 1, Bahia LA Loreto Day 2, Loreto to La Paz Day 3, and La Paz to San Jose del Cabo Day 4. Live tracking at NORRA. 145 cars entered......
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 12:32 AM

Also see the thread by TW in the Baja Off Roading forum: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=73548

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 09:11 AM

they have a pretty cool google earth tracking up at http://www.racetheworld.net/ircstore/
if you want to follow your friends:yes:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 09:18 AM

Paul...are you running in Norra this ear?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 09:52 AM

Looks like bike 101 Mark Winkelman is out front. He's Tunaeaters former teammate
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 09:53 AM

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 12:31 PM

I would love to be in this one...looks like fun. Is Walker Evans himself driving part of it?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2014 at 07:37 PM

He is listed as an entrant Michael... so, unless there is another one, yes?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 09:52 AM

Bike 324 Rojas is around 101 Winkelman and bike 316 is close behind as of 9:51 today. Walker Evans is in car 20 and is out of LA Bay onthe course.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 10:37 AM

I got back late last night....was working a MAG-7 pit near Colonet. We had a blast...and I got some good video I will be sharing soon.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 07:12 PM

I don't know who was behind the wheel, but this was at about 18 miles before Vizcaino this morning.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 07:15 PM

Was it fun to watch Perry?

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2014 at 09:22 PM

I drove out yesterday to watch the bikes come through. I forgot about the time change at the 28 and the lead bike the 101 passed me in Vizcaino. I drove to the Guillermo Prieto turn off the pavement and only then encountered 2nd. on the track. 101 had a big lead.

Today I parked 7/10 of a mile west of the G P ejido intersection on the sweeper, and called the wind just right! It was fun. Some guy, who wasn't in the race, led the leaders by 30 minutes. I don't know where he started! It had me confused all day until I talked to the guys at the M310 check point and they told me that 1 and 2 arrived there just like "2 and 3" had when they passed my location.

While I was parked there, the only gringo spectator, the President of the ejido paid me a visit, with a couple of young men, and gave me a earful about how PO'd she was that no one from NORRA had contacted her about running their race through her ejido and on her ejido roads which she had just paid a grader to come from Vizcaino to grade the road last week because there are people who live here and the Traileros have to go so slow, and who is going to pay for all this damage, I just had a grader come all the way .... you get the picture. She's not a fan. She didn't ask for stickers. This stuff doesn't do anything for her but fill her house with dust.

She gave me her name and cell phone number and said: "You tell NORRA I am not hard to find."

I have pictures of about 50 cars. If you have a favorite I'll check if I got a picture I can share. I'll put some others up later.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 10:17 AM

That seems kind of odd that she would not know and she is the President of the ejido. NORRA pays the ejidos for crossing their land like SCORE does. Maybe she is just a ticked off resident, not everyone likes off road racing.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 10:46 AM

I have not a doubt in my mind that this lady was legit. If what you say is true about the organizers paying the ejidos, then she has probably got in the habit of receiving compensation. She clearly said that the ejido had not been paid, and she's still PO'd that no one ever paid for the cow that was run down in the last Baja Mil that passed through her yard.

It isn't just the race, this guy was not entered in the race, he passed her house half an hour before any of the BEST of the competitors could get there from BOLA. She isn't a fan, and she can't really be expected to be one when the spectators (bench racers) treat her pueblo like this. I doubt NORRA can control this, but for the locals, it IS part of the race. Her name is Reina Ramirez Cortes, and her number is 615-104-8578

Edit to correct...This yellow and white vehicle had NORRA sponsorship on the truck, but was not actually racing. NORRA probably did have control over this guy who jumped the start by more than half an hour.

[Edited on 5-13-2014 by vgabndo]

Bill Kauth

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 11:50 AM

Yesterday afternoon at km marker 61, end of day 2 as they head to Loreto. Note the roads are still open as this rancher found out. He was happy to make it to the finish line. More pics on my FB
As of this moment, Buddy FeldKamp, car #29, class 9 and Ron Brant of Mulege, car #30, 2.5 liter car are playing tag and both are only 15k - 20k behind the Voss car and Walter Evans car.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 11:52 AM

That fifth entry has a fair amount of horsepower. :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
That fifth entry has a fair amount of horsepower. :biggrin:
and his luck is running out with those horseshoes pointed down!:lol:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 12:36 PM

Here are some pictures from 18-20 miles north of Vizcaino.

Jerry Herbst and Tim Herbst. Vintage unlimited '94 Chev. 1500

I couldn't find an ID for #35

The Silver Bullet, '84 Ford Ranger, Darin Harris

Walter Messer from Arizona in Vintage Open Truck with rear leaf springs. 1970 Ford

A team of active and retired firefighters in SoCal, Robert Motherall DOR. '68 F-100 with a 351.

Don and Drew Hatch from SoCal. with Ryan Williams. This is class V108-77. Vintage 108" wheelbase, 4x4, pre-'78

Seating for four. A past class winner.

V108-77, Chris Sullivan with Jean Vendetti. They came 4th. in '12 and second in '13.

Blue Torch, a Bill Stroppe built vintage V108-77 recently restored. The '69 Bronco is driven by Andrew Norton.

El Diablo, Boyd Jaynes and Brad Lovell. 2012, 2013 class champs.

The contrast between the modern cars and these short wheel base vintage beauties made the day more fun than seeing all million dollar teams. Only Herbst had a helo that passed me. A great day in the sun.

[Edited on 5-13-2014 by vgabndo]

[Edited on 5-14-2014 by vgabndo]

Bill Kauth

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 12:58 PM

Here you go Willie...

Bill Kauth

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.