BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Felipe trip advice needed.
dice

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:46 AM
San Felipe trip advice needed.

Hi everyone, IM planning a trip out to San Felipe with my two little girls for Memorial weekend. I called Pete’s camp today and was told they’re booked. I have a small RV with slight modifications, 4wd, off road tires etc. Mainly, I just want to find a safe place by the beach close to town. We would be spending 3 nights in the area so any info from you guys would be great! Thanks.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:10 PM

Welcome to the sand box

try this link

http://sanfelipe.com.mx/
CakedecT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 05:57 PM

We just went to San Felipe a couple of weeks ago. Went about ten miles south to Puntaestralla.com
A beautiful beach and campground. Make sure you and your kids do the "stingray shuffle" when in the water anywhere around San Felipe. They are everywhere. Apparently stings are pretty common. I didn't know this and got stung. Painful but Dr in town helpful
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 07:26 PM

I think the place will be crawling with Gringos that weekend.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 07:37 PM

http://www.kiki.com.mx/indexE.htm Good choice for in town
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150775-d2340889-Rev...

http://www.instant-mex-auto-insur.com/baja-log/index.php?id=...

The beaches in town are not really that great. Stay north of town or south of it. Many great camps once your past k25. Someone here said beware of the sting rays. Oh yes! Wear shoes in the water.

[Edited on 5-16-2014 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
dice

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 08:44 AM

Thanks for your input!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 11:22 AM

That MAY be the busiest weekend of the yr. in SF, US
Tourists along with many Mexicali locals, escaping the heat, a full boat, also 102 temps. I always stay in town, walk to get an ice
cream, etc. www.ontheroadin.com has descriptions. Maybe
7 campgrounds in town, 5 on the brach. I've never been
there when a reservation was needed, but that weekend
would be different. You might look at Club Pesca, as
mentioned there are places 5-7 mi. no. of town and
12-15 mi. so. of town
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 04:58 PM

The town is a total zoo that weekend. Perhaps the worst possible time to visit, unless you are a drunken teen.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 05:26 PM

its true! nothing but hooligans and whippersnappers drinking their hootch and smokin that whacky tobaccy, playin that jungle music way into the night, dogs and cats living together, human sacrifice, anarchy I tell ya!:lol:

[Edited on 5-17-2014 by willardguy]
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

its true! nothing but hooligans and whippersnappers drinking their hootch and smokin that whacky tobaccy, playin that jungle music way into the night, dogs and cats living together, human sacrifice, anarchy I tell ya!:lol:

well not exactly,, but your not to far off

[Edited on 5-17-2014 by willardguy]
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 07:07 AM

dice .....ck your u2

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
dice .....ck your u2

I think I see where you going with this,, I think its very nice on
your part,,,
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 08:53 AM

Since dice has 4WD, I wonder why he wants to camp in the 'zoo' instead of a quieter beach?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 09:01 AM

David

guess for the fact that maybe he has never been to San Felipe

and especially on a weekend like this

any way I totally agree with you especially with 2 young girls

he doesn't need to experience that
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
dice .....ck your u2

I think I see where you going with this,, I think its very nice on
your part,,,

Oh...please tell us all here "where I am going with this" :yes:

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dice
Hi everyone, IM planning a trip out to San Felipe with my two little girls for Memorial weekend. I called Pete’s camp today and was told they’re booked. I have a small RV with slight modifications, 4wd, off road tires etc. Mainly, I just want to find a safe place by the beach close to town. We would be spending 3 nights in the area so any info from you guys would be great! Thanks.

Why San Felipe?
Unless you live in AZ Punta Banda is closer and has a lot to offer for you and your girls. La Jolla Beach Camp is the place to camp and this site has all the info (on the right side after you open it). The girls would probably enjoy the famous La Buffadora blow hole just up the road. No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce.

www.lajollabeachcamp.com/history

Bob Durrell
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2014 at 10:36 PM

San Felipe will be very busy............99% on the Malecón.......go one block from that and it's just great. Having traveling a lot to San Felipe for over 14 years ....oh and own a home n stuff there too.....it's a great spot to go. The REAL issue is the traffic getting back to the usa....not the so called wild crowds. I seriously doubt that you will be on the Malecon at night when the crowd gets wild. Most of this crowd is just having fun...but there is always a few jerks to ruin that .......anywhere that you may travel to in the Baja...or the good ol' USA. One wont find too much of a over reactive crowd outside of the downtown Malecon.

Pete's Camp is nutz on the week end if you are not into the quads and bikes running up and down the beach....at night too. But it is great if you dont mind that stuff.....we dont mind it. Just build a campfire and enjoy the surroundings. As anywhere in the Baja...including that destination that is three further hours away....some blowhole that gets you all excited for about 28 seconds of your life. Besides....that drive is not safe either with all the traffic going on....so San Felipe sounds little more sane for the driver.

So.......all this beware of San Felipe blah blah...is indeed just blah blah blah.

Not that it should be your concern durrelllrobert......my U2 was advising this guy to that EAST gate for a easier exit and.............not to listen to the blowholes.

lajollabeachcamp sounds like a great spot too....if you are 74 years old and in a wheel chair....and like to camp under a control freak rules. Did you know that if you "talk loud" .....yeah get kicked out of there? That's rule 7. http://www.lajollabeachcamp.com/rules/ Hell....just check into the old geezer's home" down the street for camping.....that might be more exciting with less rules than this lajollabeachcamp

No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce.....and thank the Gods that durrelllrobert doesn't either!

[Edited on 5-18-2014 by mcfez]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.