Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: SENTRI Pass & DUI
ElChingon

[*] posted on 5-29-2014 at 10:16 AM
SENTRI Pass & DUI

Does anyone have personal experience with obtaining a Sentri Pass with a past DUI. I had called the office at OTAY Mesa 619-690-7600 and was told that you need to wait 10 years from the date of your DUI.

Does anyone have experience with having a DUI and obtaining a SENTRI pass any sooner?

Just curious. The lady I spoke to was very quick to answer.

Thanks!

EC
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2014 at 10:26 AM

A friend of mine had to wait until 10 years after a DUI.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2014 at 11:53 AM

Yep its 10 years...

Of course they didn't tell my buddy that until he showed up at the office for the interview after waiting 6 months for that date, and driving 800 miles... You think they would have denied his application, but nope.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 05:51 AM

I had one when I was 20 along with other various misdemeanors through my early years. I received my Sentri about 4 years ago. Roughly when I was 36.44 y/o.
mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 06:39 AM

Just curious. What happens if you get a DUI after you already have Sentri? Is the database updated automatically and voids your Sentri pass? Do you get sent a letter revoking it?
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 06:58 AM

I have not had personal experience with revocation. Yet. Now of two people with houses in our campo who had issues and used Sentri for a while and one day were sent to secondary and had passes confiscated and revoked. YMMV.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 07:43 AM

any idea if expunged records will be acceptable?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 09:14 AM

keep in mind sentri isn't right for everyone. consider this, if you're an international traveler with a squeaky clean record would you take a chance having that marred by some petty offense that no one would care about but now its a big ol' glaring "SENTRI REVOCATION"in your baggage? what, risk that to save sitting in line for a half hour?
not for everyone!;D
mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 09:31 AM

That's one of the reasons why I delayed getting Sentri for so long. I didn't want to be in the 'system'. I gave in last year because I figured we are all in the system one way or another and it's just getting worse. I might as well not be waiting in 110 degree heat at the border for hours thinking about it :)
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

To the best of my knowledge the courts no longer "expunge" records. They just order them sealed which means that they can't be accessed by LE but apparently (in my case) if the FBI already has them in their data base then Homeland Security (SENTRI) knows about that record. :fire:

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfatboy
That's one of the reasons why I delayed getting Sentri for so long. I didn't want to be in the 'system'. I gave in last year because I figured we are all in the system one way or another and it's just getting worse. I might as well not be waiting in 110 degree heat at the border for hours thinking about it :)

Last week around 10:30 at the Otay crossing I was in the Ready Pass lane for 12 minutes and the SENTRI lane was backed up with at least 25 cars for some reason. I crossed before all but about 10 of them.

Bob Durrell
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 03:11 PM

They probably already know about it, just list it on the application

Quote:

[Edited on 5-30-2014 by bajaguy]

bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 05:33 PM

Don't know about expunged but I was as honest as my memory would allow. I had a lot of how would I put it... stupid infractions in my file. Handful of misdemeanors .Couldn't of gotten it if I didn't try. Wait was 3 minutes last Sunday morning.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 06:02 PM

In CA you can petition to have your charges dismissed (it's called a Petition for Dismissal). If you've served your sentence, are off probation, and haven't gotten in trouble since your original issue, the court will most likely approve the dismissal. Your Guilty plea is withdrawn and the charges dismissed. You can then honestly answer "No" if you are ever asked if you have been convicted. You don't have to wait 10 years, but the longer it's been since you were in trouble the more likely your petition will be granted.

Costs about $1500 - $2000 to have an attorney do it for you, or you can do it yourself. Not just for DUI but also for other issues.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 06:55 PM

Quote:

You should ask a lawyer, not a Nomad.

[Edited on 5-31-2014 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 07:20 PM

You should list the arrest, the violation and the disposition.

Better to list everything and let SENTRI decide

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:

You should ask a lawyer, not a Nomad.

[Edited on 5-31-2014 by SFandH]

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2014 at 08:29 PM

or just get in the ready lane for 20 minutes and get on with your life! ;)
Hulent52

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 01:15 AM

My brother has it. He even knows a good Los Angeles DUI lawyer who will be able to help you with all information you need. It is good to have a lawyer like this around. This can help in saving you from major problems. This is a good post and equally informative.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hulent52  
He even knows a good Los Angeles DUI lawyer who will be able to help you with all information you need. It is good to have a lawyer like this around.

It's even better not to need one.

John
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 09:50 AM

This is a four and a half year old post. Seriously, can you imagine hiring a lawyer that trolls internet forums trying to drum up business? His mobile office is probably right behind an ambulance somewhere.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.