Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Oceanfront house in Bahia Asuncion
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 11:13 AM

Good point, absinvestor, but for us it was just a change in direction and not because we didn't like the house or the town. And sometimes you just cannot foresee everything and shifts happen!

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 12:30 PM

Everything sounds so perfect, and I been looking at some property at " Bahia Asuncion" on Craig's List Tijuana, but it begs the question, if the place is so nice, near the beach, and it's a little paradise in Baja, then why are you selling and are you leaving Mexico too Bajaluna?
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 12:44 PM

We're not leaving Mexico!

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 02:38 PM

What is the word on the dance hall? Last I heard was that Udo was going to cause a ruckus but I still see them working away.

[Edited on 7-3-2014 by Bajaboy]

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
What is the word on the dance hall? Last I heard was that Udo was going to cause a ruckus but iI still them working away.

Do tell ? Where and by whom, haven't heard bout it ?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:
What is the word on the dance hall? Last I heard was that Udo was going to cause a ruckus but iI still them working away.

A while back Mr. Verduzco started building on his lot next to Udo's place. Udo seemed pretty upset about it. Haven't heard much since then.

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A while back Mr. Verduzco started building on his lot next to Udo's place. Udo seemed pretty upset about it. Haven't heard much since then.

Gotcha, thanks Zac, you and the fam have fun :cool:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha, thanks Zac, you and the fam have fun :cool:

I thought that Udo was going to be able to stop the building of anything commercial ??
So I wonder if that happened or if Armando is building something different? I am sure something will be built ?

Renting vs Owing. In someways, it is a personal preference. We have moved a lot and we almost always buy a home as we do not like being renters. We never regretted buying BA and enjoyed our time there a lot. For us, it was just time for another change so we traded in the beach for the mountains. Who knows when the next change will come.

Good Luck, BajaLuna
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 04:54 PM

The construction of a commercial place next to Udo has been stopped by the Officials in town who stop this sort of thing, building code/municipal? But I think he is preceding with building a house there.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 05:05 PM

living on the ocean in such a beautiful place one has to expect that other houses could possibly be built one day, we certainly expected that that lot wasn't going to stay vacant forever, and that was perfectly ok with us! When ya buy on the ocean, anywhere, it's going to happen sooner or later.

Many people in town got the construction stopped of a "commercial" building being built there. You can't build anything commercial 12 lots from the ocean in BA per the rules. he was in violation and was stopped.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
living on the ocean in such a beautiful place one has to expect that other houses could possibly be built one day, we certainly expected that that lot wasn't going to stay vacant forever, and that was perfectly ok with us! When ya buy on the ocean, anywhere, it's going to happen sooner or later.

Many people in town got the construction stopped of a "commercial" building being built there. You can't build anything commercial 12 lots from the ocean in BA per the rules. he was in violation and was stopped.

I can think of plenty of commercial ventures within 12 lots from the ocean. Can Udo legally rent out his place under these guidelines? It all seems so vague to me. I suppose it's Mexico though.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 07:49 PM

Sure commercial places might be less than 12 lots from the ocean, but if nobody gets called on it, then voila!

Residential rentals are different and have different guidelines than commercial ventures. That's the case in the U.S. too.

People can rent out houses, that's my understanding. It's done all over Mexico on the ocean!

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 08:12 PM

There are very few businesses in Bahia Asuncion 12 lots from the water. It is a coastal town with everything on or near the water. There are no rules until someone decides that there is a rule and you are the one off. A dance hall or tavern was a dumb idea anyway. The Verduzcos already tried that one. But dreams die hard in Baja.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 08:19 AM

Hmmm....where did you get the intel Luna? It was my understanding he was building a walled in small venue place like for kids parties with an outdoor BBQ area, small kitchen type building that is already built at the back corner of the property and a separate little bathrooms building. They are still working on it so curious to why you thought it was stopped.

Udo has met with Sr.Verduzco and the mayor on his last visit...I'll let him tell you the outcome...which wasnt exactly kosher.

Like Redmesa said...probably 95% of the businesses here on within 3 blocks of the ocean.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 09:08 AM

Yes, I am aware that construction is still going on, but I was told a commercial venture had been stopped.

Yeah I know businesses on the ocean are there, and like I mentioned in a previous post, there are some guidelines which is what I was told, however if no one enforces them then things get built. Same thing Redmesa said basically.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 11:07 AM

I was told that there is an actual "master beachfront plan" for BA that is on file in Santa Rosalia and available for free, and it does not include any commercial buildings being built on oceanfront lots. And he didn't get any of the guidelines done IE: environmental impact study etc. Of course if no one raises a stink to get things enforced then buildings get built perhaps. We aren't involved in any of this, just being kept in the loop to stay informed! We have received many emails from various people on this subject, who try and keep us updated, but of course we're not there to stay current.

We would appreciate future emails if and when you feel there is something we need to be aware of and any info you can pass along to us to keep us updated and in the loop, although you are probably uber busy right now being that it is yellowtail season, but that would be great if you can shoot us an email if anything comes up and in your SPARE time (yeah right, spare time? lol), you sure are one busy girl!

A commercial venture down on the corner isn't that big of a deal to us, it's not like BA is some high-traffic, rip roaring place. We just go with the flow!

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 11:11 AM

Uh Oh is what comes to mind...I can see more small town games being played if there are rules placed on the big players which they do not agree with. There can be pay back.
Does this mean I can stop the taco stand that was being built in front of my house or the lobster trap shed? Only joking, there is enough sand and sea for everyone.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 11:18 AM

"there is enough sand and sea for everyone", I agree redmesa!

Hope we get to meet up with you when we are there this Fall!

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Sure commercial places might be less than 12 lots from the ocean, but if nobody gets called on it, then voila!

Residential rentals are different and have different guidelines than commercial ventures. That's the case in the U.S. too.

People can rent out houses, that's my understanding. It's done all over Mexico on the ocean!

So could one rent out their residential rental for a party? :light:

wetto
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:03 PM

I look forward to seeing your home when I make it down that way. Looks and sounds like a nice place to call home. I sent you a e-mail with more info on my trip.

Lee S
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.