Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: ouch! fun strips slowly disappearing
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 6-12-2014 at 07:00 PM

but the serinidad is still open; some friends staying with us a couple days ago saw a plane on the strip and stopped for a drink and a dip at the hotel....rumors!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 02:32 AM
small landings spots

What folks fail to think about in this BS "war on Drugs" is the CIA...(Cocaine International Aviation) dosnt want competition and snuffs out any and all other drug runners!!!!..Sad,, state of affairs...no more T D's or helping the local folks!! Just keep Paying Those Taxes and voting!!! LOL..get a grip USA sheep...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

sad.gif posted on 6-13-2014 at 09:59 AM
not necessarily so Michael

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
but the serinidad is still open; some friends staying with us a couple days ago saw a plane on the strip and stopped for a drink and a dip at the hotel....rumors!

Jack's list from DGAC says the permit needs renewal. Don is working on that. Reason for the fenced enclosure - new rules. Now, that doesn't mean some planes will land there oblivious. But i would not want to be on the explaining side of a fed inspector. Mexico can seize your plane with cause. Try and get it back - may cost you its book value so why bother? Float Flyer is right on - the good days are gone. Glad I enjoyed 30 years including into Yucatan and Quintana Roo.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 10:23 AM

When you fly and log into a Mexican Port of entry, eg: Mexicali, San Fillipe, TJ, etc. and file for a strip that is on the closure list, they will tell you can't file for the closed strip. If you wanted to go to the Sirenidad for example, they would tell you its closed. You would simply then file for Loreto and go to the Sirenidad anyway and probably take your chances on a violation, which as Capt. Mike says can carry potentially serious consequences but probably wont be enforced. This is why you will continue to see airplanes at the airports officially closed until someone has their aircraft confiscated. Its all about money and tighter control demanded by the US. The only way these licenses are renewed is if an interested party, ie: hotel owner, municipality, or other entity that deems it financially beneficial will cough up the cash. It is obvious from the present economic situation that this is becoming less and less feasible to pay the renewal costs.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 10:59 AM

Such sad news to see this decline in aviation on the peninsula. So many clinic personal can only break away from their practices for short periods of time to make these remote visits possible.
Once again we all suffer from a continued failing war on drugs, well except the Cartels, crooked officials, defense contractors, prison operators and the countless other individuals and agencies receiving US monopoly money. : (
rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 03:53 PM

Quick Question
I have heard that fees have gone up at Mexican airports upon entry from the USA. I was told that the Multi entry permit for the aircraft is now around 120 USD and also Mexican Immigration is charging 130 USD on weekends for entry from the USA and departure out of Mexico. Does anyone know about this? If true it will change my flying habits. Thanks
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2014 at 10:01 AM

It varies from airport to airport regards pax fees in and out. The multi entry is priced as a fed tax so is the same everywhere. It has gone up but not sure current rate - $100 seems right but go on bush pilots int'l website for accurate info. Remember some airports were privatized and set their own processing fees, like Cabo San Lucas. Others are part of the national system and their rates are standardized. Don't be surprised and be prepared for the unexpected. That is how I started flying MX and Baja in the 80s. Never knew until I got some where what i'd be up against. Most of it was good tho so I kept it up till recently - no longer attracts me.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2014 at 10:04 AM

Checked in with Phx flying Sams.

Serenidad being fenced now. Expects to have temp permit 60 days and full permit 90 days.
Until then Sams will only file to legal strips.

All strips have to be fenced now meaning more smaller venues [read less income] can't afford that - PSFO et al, I find this devestating.

Be advised your hull insurance may be void if you break a DGAC legal issue [like busting an FAR ] = fed aviation rule. Land at an illegal strip, get your plane confiscated and good bye insurance coverage.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-18-2014 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Serenidad being fenced now. Expects to have temp permit 60 days and full permit 90 days.

All strips have to be fenced now meaning more smaller venues [read less income] can't afford that - PSFO et al, I find this devestating.

seems to make sense to fence airstrips and keep animals off the runway, eh? :?::?:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2014 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

seems to make sense to fence airstrips and keep animals off the runway, eh? :?::?:

Yeah, but with fencing reducing the number of dogs, people, and cattle to watch for makes landing less interesting, and decreases the heightened awareness (pucker factor) experienced landing on some of the old Baja strips. Now it only leaves buzzards, pelicans, and seagulls to dodge.:lol:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-19-2014 at 07:18 PM

Hey Cap, you got any info on Pedregal in San Quintin? I'm counting on using that runway again someday.

[Edited on 6-20-2014 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2014 at 12:24 PM

I didn't see it on the BPI list either way. Since that strip services a community of homes and pilots my gut says they will renew when current one comes up.
The commandancia at MMES can tell you for sure.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2014 at 03:58 PM

typical of an over reaching tax/spend liberal philosophy in gov't. Fencing does no good unless you have 24/7 security, and does not add appreciatively to safety. How are PSFO and others off the beaten path going to handle that?? They barely make enough to keep the doors open as it is now.
The DGAC [mex FAA] only wants to bow to USA pressure and make it impossible for many resort and municipal strips to remain open. Kiss good bye to many pilot's favorite stops like Alfi's, Rene, Rancho, Rosario, Puerticitos, Final, Bufeo, Abreojos, Bahia Tortugas, Natividad, - the list will be endless.

We will be restricted to mainstream cities and regulated hard surface airports like Felipe, Quintin, Loreto, pescadero, Cabo, San Jose, LA paz. I flew to Baja 33 years so I could get away from those tourist spots......

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-20-2014 at 04:06 PM

Thanks Capt. Mike... as you say, government loves to spend other people's money for 'feel good' (but ridiculous) projects to get votes from low information voters.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.