Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CODE Trip Report
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2004 at 08:52 AM
CODE Trip Report

What a great weekend. Warm sunshine everyday. The wife and I arrived in Ensenada Friday early afternoon looking for the CODE contingency area but very little was set up. It's probably not a big deal anyway.

After a little sight seeing we take off for San Felipe. Get a room and some fine dining and drinks. Up early Sat. morning to head out to the pit area, we're helping Paul Lopez on a quad, 99Q. Stop by TT's to drop off some deluxe brew. He's a pickie drinker you know. In at Saldana #2 to meet Paul and his dad and pick up quad wheels. Then we head to La Ventana access to wait for the racers. While waiting, Chris Wilson's folks pull up. They're helping with the 1411 car. Watch the first bikes come thru, no problems. A quad stops for his pit and says the summit was a bit*h especially the down side, big boulders. Paul shows up needing a gas cap hose, which we put on and he's off. We load up and head down to the zoo road crossing. For a while I thought we would see some fireworks. Two guys across the course from us start filling their F150 from a 15 gallon gas can. I notice that one of them is smoking a cigarette. I immediately move my truck further away. To my surprise nothing happened. Paul comes thru and we go to the finish line and meet him. I don't know what the results are, but I think a 10 car won the fourwheelers and maybe overall.

After early dinner we decide to head home. On the way back Sunday we stop off at Jawbone Canyon so I can ride my motorcycle. Then back home in time for some football.

TW
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2004 at 09:37 AM

Tom thanks for your help and support. We got 3rd place. I'm off to work so I'll give a full report tomorrow..Thanks again Paul

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.