BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ..............
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2014 at 09:37 PM
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ..............

Haven't heard from David E. in a long while, hopping all is well. I was reading a different thread where the poster was writing in Spanglish and using a bunch of over the top adjectives. Made me instantly think of the man.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2014 at 06:38 AM

Thot occurred to me, also. What's new in BA, DavidE? Tio
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2014 at 06:53 AM

I wonder. It's not like him to go silent for no reason.
Anyone down in BA have any idea, or is David over on the mainland now?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 6-22-2014 at 08:06 PM

Been thinking the same for a while............
Shari any word, hope all is well.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 04:46 AM

Had a phone conversation with him about 60 days ago and he was at home. He laments to see his mainland family and property...mostly growing grandkids. Was having car problems so his anticipated trip north for doctor and meds was indeterminate.
David operates on a cerebral level of electrical engineering and mechanical solutions with a few thoughts on logic and reasoning, mostly on the lack thereof in this world.
Maybe he's taking a break from the stress of such as us. :)
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 06:16 AM
baitcast

Has anyone heard from Robin?

He hasn't posted in 9 months. Hope all is well.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
David operates on a cerebral level of electrical engineering and mechanical solutions with a few thoughts on logic and reasoning, mostly on the lack thereof in this world.
Maybe he's taking a break from the stress of such as us

I can understand the reasoning behind the second sentence. Having run across his
Mex postings, well must have been early '80's, he has decades
of SOB experience
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-23-2014 at 11:33 AM

David is alive and well in Veracruz last I heard. I keep connected with him on facebook and he was posting there last night...

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2014 at 12:16 PM

Miss David E's column also. Haven't heard from Pompano recently either. The fishing up north must be particularly hot.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 06:44 AM

well, David gets around all right. I spotted him yesterday in a corner of the back of Miramar store on his computer. Just to make sure it wasnt an imposter, I had a short conversation with him and he hasnt been in Sonora in a long time...oh the intrigue! He did mention he is spending alot of time in bed...prolly a new girlfriend.;)

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
well, David gets around all right. I spotted him yesterday in a corner of the back of Miramar store on his computer. Just to make sure it wasnt an imposter, I had a short conversation with him and he hasnt been in Sonora in a long time...oh the intrigue! He did mention he is spending alot of time in bed...prolly a new girlfriend.;)

Even the thought sends a cold chill up my spine. :dudette:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 11:26 AM

David went home for awhile to help the kids. Cris-Craft from La Paz to Manzanillo, then bus down the coast of Michoacan. Got smothered in hugs and kisses. Pretty dangerous there now. Mangoes yielded 6.2 tonaladas. Flew back on Volaris for eqvt of 88 dollars.

David, sadly is saying adios to Baja California. Means forever. Ironic that I depart almost to the week of the 50th anniversary of my 1st visit. Being now Mexicano it did not surprise me to feel far more comfortable south of the border than north.

Future plans include, summer residence on a high alpine lake surrounded by volcanoes, a winter or so maybe on Utila or Roatan, and a stretch in Nicaragua, way up north in the mountains. C.A. is small - tiny actually. It's only 800 miles from the lake to my orchard and casita. It is extremely doubtful that after heading south I will ever see the USA again.

Pilar, Dalia and Hermalinda beat me up for "staying away so long". Dalia's tears were the hardest to bear. Pancho, the catorro got eaten by a cat (I caught him while picnicking at Rio Chuta - he was a small parrot). 3 seconds flat he was eating mango, tommy's sunflower seeds and pacing my shoulders. Fastest domestication of a wild bird I ever heard of.

I am taking a lot of memories with me. Found out memories are the only valid currency of old age. Money, land, prestige are worthless.

There is a panteon on a hillside next to the volcanic lake. Looks suitable to me.

Adios Amigos Que le Vaya Y Vive Bien!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 11:41 AM

Stay in touch, David. I miss you already.
Good luck in your future, amigo.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.