BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: No Pain Medication in Mexico.....
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Go see Dr. Raymundo Esquer in Maneadero, southern Ensenada, for all your narcotic pain medication needs. He has a controlled substance license and many Americans see him on a regular basis for pain control. Please start posting your healthcare questions in the Baja Health and Wellness category on this board thanks. By the way, the narcotics or controlled substances are much more expensive in Mexico.

[Edited on 6-25-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

May not be PC but most of us around here call him Dr. Scary (because of the way he usually dresses).

Bob Durrell
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:19 PM

What do you mean PC Bob? Dr. Raymundo is an excellent physician and is very knowledgeable and highly respected. He likes to show his physique off, and he normally will take his shirt off to bare his chest and show you he hasn't an ounce of fat on his abdomen. He does like wearing those 70's John Travolta outfits and he can get away with it, even if he is over 50!
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Go see Dr. Raymundo Esquer in Maneadero, southern Ensenada, for all your narcotic pain medication needs. He has a controlled substance license and many Americans see him on a regular basis for pain control. Please start posting your healthcare questions in the Baja Health and Wellness category on this board thanks. By the way, the narcotics or controlled substances are much more expensive in Mexico.

May not be PC but most of us around here call him Dr. Scary (because of the way he usually dresses).
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Sweetwater, I have the bestest Alice B. Toklas brownie recipe from the '60s that still works magic, and one of Tommy Chong's Bongs would be a help. Oh, what's a boy to do!!

And Kurt, the VA only gives out 30 days at a time for narcotic pain killers, or Xanax... any schedule (whatever-it-is) drug. And, I just received a letter today (form letter) from my Dear Congressman telling me how wrong the POTUS and his VA guy was, and how CONGRESS is gonna fix it. YEAH, RIGHT. The opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS. They hold our Country literally hostage for six years, and now want to sue the POTUS~!!!! It's all nucking futz. I need to go fishin'. After I have a martini and a brownie.
:coolup:
The Alice's restaurant in Arlo Guthrie's song is located on Skyline drive just off highway 84 between Los Altos and La Honda. It was named for Alice M. Brock, the orginal owner.

Bob Durrell
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:30 PM

Quote:

Um, that would be Dr. Escary, right?

So let me see if I have this pictured correctly. A bunch of retired gringos, some with gray haired pony tails, some with beer bellies, some dressed in clothes bought at the local street stand, some in shorts and thongs with faded military tatoos go to a buffed out old Mexican doctor dressed in 70s polyester disco dance club outfits to buy narcotics?

Photos please! :spingrin:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
What do you mean PC Bob? Dr. Raymundo is an excellent physician and is very knowledgeable and highly respected. He likes to show his physique off, and he normally will take his shirt off to bare his chest and show you he hasn't an ounce of fat on his abdomen. He does like wearing those 70's John Travolta outfits and he can get away with it, even if he is over 50!
Quote:
Quote:

?Well, in some quarters it would not be Politically Correct to refer to an excellent, very knowledgeable and highly respected physician by a descriptive term based on the scary way he dresses. Of course, in Orange County where PC was invented, you would never walk into a Doctors office and be greeted by someone not wearing a shirt and with skin tight pink pants.

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know... they legalized it here in New Mexico for PTSD too, and just in time for me to get Asbestos disease... talked to a lung doc last week, and said, not a good idea. DAMNIT.

Edibles. Your answer.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 04:52 PM

The overriding reason for Mexico's changes in the over the counter drug consumption had nothing to do with pain killers or the drug wars. They finally woke up the huge abuse of antibiotics.

As you may well know, frequent use of antibiotics will lead to them no longer working in your body.

Historically, Mexicans ran to the farmacia for penicillin and Z-pac or whatever, whenever they felt a sore throat or had the sniffles. The results of this massive overuse was especially dangerous for young children.

I applaud te Mexican government for putting an end to such abuse.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
The overriding reason for Mexico's changes in the over the counter drug consumption had nothing to do with pain killers or the drug wars. They finally woke up the huge abuse of antibiotics.

As you may well know, frequent use of antibiotics will lead to them no longer working in your body.

Historically, Mexicans ran to the farmacia for penicillin and Z-pac or whatever, whenever they felt a sore throat or had the sniffles. The results of this massive overuse was especially dangerous for young children.

HORSE-HOCKEY. Antibiotics are still totally readily available in Baja Sur in any pharmacia, any kind, any dosage, no scrip. Sowwy, Hawood.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:

So let me see if I have this pictured correctly. A bunch of retired gringos, some with gray haired pony tails, some with beer bellies, some dressed in clothes bought at the local street stand, some in shorts and thongs with faded military tatoos go to a buffed out old Mexican doctor dressed in 70s polyester disco dance club outfits to buy narcotics?

Aw, geez!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK !! :cool: :bounce:

86 - 45*

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Sweetwater, I have the bestest Alice B. Toklas brownie recipe from the '60s that still works magic, and one of Tommy Chong's Bongs would be a help. Oh, what's a boy to do!!

And Kurt, the VA only gives out 30 days at a time for narcotic pain killers, or Xanax... any schedule (whatever-it-is) drug. And, I just received a letter today (form letter) from my Dear Congressman telling me how wrong the POTUS and his VA guy was, and how CONGRESS is gonna fix it. YEAH, RIGHT. The opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS. They hold our Country literally hostage for six years, and now want to sue the POTUS~!!!! It's all nucking futz. I need to go fishin'. After I have a martini and a brownie.
:coolup:

You're correct in that none of my drugs are pain meds. On that subject, last year after my heart surgery my surgeon, cardiologist and primary MD each asked me if I needed pain med. I could have hoarded quite a supply but only accepted enough to get me through the first couple of weeks.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 10:16 PM

Kurt, I have to be creative. BTW, I have 5 stents AND a collateral I grew on my own, so no zipper yet; but do have a compression fractured spine that makes fishin' a little tougher than it used to. Good going with your new tubes; ENJOY, and rip some lips !!

86 - 45*

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-25-2014 at 10:54 PM

Quote:

Always good to know which docs are freely writing Rx for oxy!

Licensed Pusher man!

Every town has one, or 2, or 3,...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 07:22 AM

I thought your PC was short for Pain Control, but didn't think I was correct. He's cool, Dr. Esquer. We all must be tolerant of differences in personalities and individuality.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

?Well, in some quarters it would not be Politically Correct to refer to an excellent, very knowledgeable and highly respected physician by a descriptive term based on the scary way he dresses. Of course, in Orange County where PC was invented, you would never walk into a Doctors office and be greeted by someone not wearing a shirt and with skin tight pink pants.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 07:25 AM

No he isn't a pusher for sure. I myself have never gotten pain medication from him or any other physician in Mexico, and only for two dental procedures in the States about 5 years apart. I have very bad nausea if I take vicodin or any other opioid medication. I did have an ER physician offer me Vicodin at Grossmont Hospital over 10 years ago for a urinary tract infection, but I told him I didn't want it due to the side effects.
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

Always good to know which docs are freely writing Rx for oxy!

Licensed Pusher man!

Every town has one, or 2, or 3,...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 07:29 AM

He's not scary at all. He's a very compassionate man and very friendly. He could be classified as offbeat, but who cares? Take a selfie and post it and I'd like to see it! Would you say you look any better than Dr. Esquer or some of the gringos that are his patients? He is there to serve the community. His clientele is largely Mexicans and SOME Americans.
Quote:
Quote:

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 08:33 AM

for my chronic, and i mean chronic back pain, i make a pot tincture that is very helpful in taking away the pain...a few drops under the tongue and the pain subsides...consider it as it REALLY works!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
He's not scary at all. He's a very compassionate man and very friendly. He could be classified as offbeat, but who cares? Take a selfie and post it and I'd like to see it! Would you say you look any better than Dr. Esquer or some of the gringos that are his patients? He is there to serve the community. His clientele is largely Mexicans and SOME Americans.
Quote:
Quote:

Doc, lighten up. My post was an attempt at humor, which I assume most people understood.

[Edited on 6-26-2014 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Doc, lighten up. My post was an attempt at humor, which I assume most people understood.

[Edited on 6-26-2014 by SFandH]

Too late, SFH. Prerequisite to starting Med School; out-patient surgery to remove the Funny Bone.
:lol: :o :yes:

86 - 45*

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

HORSE-HOCKEY. Antibiotics are still totally readily available in Baja Sur in any pharmacia, any kind, any dosage, no scrip. Sowwy, Hawood.

All I can say is that anyone buying antibiotics at a local farmacia should really beware of what they are getting.

The Mexican government absolutely made antibiotics controlled for the reasons I mentioned.

So, if you walk into some storefront farmacia, you will really not be getting what you think you are buying.

Buddha guy, try and go into a Walmart or a Costco, or any major store and buy antibiotics over the counter.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 05:18 PM

Hawood, I was an EMT, I do know the last resort is antibiotics, and even in the U.S. antibiotic PRESCRIPTIONS are at an all-time dangerous high, so preach to the doctors. I was stating fact, they're still readily available at all Mexican farmacias.... the Mex. Gov't busted pain meds, not Keflex. Tha's all, dude.

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.