Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gonzaga and BoLA
mannings
Junior Nomad

Mood: chill

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 12:03 PM
Gonzaga and BoLA

Am thinking of heading back down to Alfonsinas and this time staying the night and heading down to BoLA for a couple days. Any advice on a hotel?
Any other advice? (Like should we head further south of BoLA?)

Thanks amigos!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 12:34 PM

When?
I love the pacific this time of the year, but I love the anytime of the year.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

mannings
Junior Nomad

Mood: chill

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
When?
I love the pacific this time of the year, but I love the anytime of the year.

I am south of san felipe through july.. planning to head down there probably after the 4th.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 03:43 PM

We camp at Archelon or stay at Larry and Raquel"s north of town. Be sure to see the turtles and the museum. Swim with the whale sharks
Cool place to camp is Las Animas bay south of Bay of LA very remote.

See here for camping and such.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=74143#pid9155...

The Pacific Side is cooler and that part of Baja will not have much surf. Shoot me a U2U if you would like more details. The rocky beach north of the Wall has some of the best beach combing. Lost of bones and sea fans.

[Edited on 6-26-2014 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 11:32 PM

Many threads/recommendations on here as to where to stay in BOLA. Casita del Sol is a fave. And i guess you know the temps and humidity? Good time for fishing and water fun.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 08:23 AM

Costa del Sol is the place. On the right, after passing sailboat monument coming into town. Guillermo's is on the left, on the beach. I believe the turtle project is long gone?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MariaDeTJN

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 08:18 AM

Does anyone know how the snorkeling is in the bay (LA Bay)? We've heard/read mixed reports. I've heard good things about Ricardo's Tours, but can't find much info on water visibility or conditions, besides the fact that it's warm and is good for fishing... Still thinking about heading down that way tomorrow.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 08:43 AM

Water is clear, unlike conditions near San Felipe.... lots of islands and the gravel beach at La Gringa (both sides of the point). L.A. Bay is the place for many water sports, just not surfing!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.