BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sayulita Recommendations?
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 10:22 PM
Sayulita Recommendations?

Seems that a lot of folks on this site have traveled other places in Mexico so I hope this is not too off-Baja topic...I am taking a trip to Sayulita at the end of August (I know - rain, humidity, bugs, slow season, worst time of year to go, etc.) and am looking for cheap accommodations near the beach and short walk to town - Junto al Rio? The Sayulita Trailer Park & Bungalows? Others you might know of? Thoughts? Comments? Traveling alone and I don't need anything fancy at all. Fishing, scuba, snorkeling, have a couple of drinks, listen to some music, relax. That's what I'm looking for. Also in PV for a couple of days on my in and out flights and looking for the same. Thanks ;)
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 08:09 AM

I was there in October, only stayed one night before heading North. Other than the hostel I think you will have a hard time finding anything cheap by Mexican standards. Same with San Pancho. I ended up staying at Bungalows Aurinko, a very nice couple own it. Would stay there again.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 08:23 AM

I have a home on the Pacific coast about 20 miles north of Sayulita and have friends I visit often...I like the Sayulita Beach House right on the beach,a few feet away is Pattie's surf school and in front is Adriana's restaurant, take a look at this site with interactive maps..have fun.............

http://www.sayulitalife.com/beach-house

I hear the whales song
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 12:45 PM

Troncones is a nice place and generally expensive....I spent two weeks in a very nice beach house....single rooms are generally over $75/night in other hotels....1/2 hour from Zihuatanejo and its busyness...

Don't believe everything you think....
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 01:11 PM

I prefer San Pancho/San Francisco. Haven't been there in 10 years though.
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 01:29 PM

For Puerto Vallarta, I like Hotel Posado de Roger in Old Town.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 01:50 PM

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! I was looking at the Hostel and Sayulita Beach House after I posted this question, so it looks like I have identified the cheapest places and will decide from there. Thanks again!
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 02:07 PM

As far as I know the sewage dumping into the river and then onto the ocean was fixed ......All Mexican beach towns or Palapa restaurants that have banos do not have a sewer system, dig a hole, dump, leaches to the ocean, even San Pancho...

I hear the whales song
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagrouper
As far as I know the sewage dumping into the river and then onto the ocean was fixed ......All Mexican beach towns or Palapa restaurants that have banos do not have a sewer system, dig a hole, dump, leaches to the ocean, even San Pancho...

Even at Troncones....:saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2014 at 06:20 PM

I was there a couple of months back, nothing but hippy gringos, if that's your thing then you will fit right in, otherwise San Pancho (San Francisico)SI seemed a little better, but not much
Bambugib

[*] posted on 7-11-2014 at 07:25 AM

That's too bad the stinking sewage is still polluting the bay at Sayulita. I would recommend Saladita and The Ranch over Sayulita any day. Plenty of reasonable places to stay too.

Sayulita is too much the little surf town with a huge local muchachos surf team to deal with every session!!

We used to stay at (Tia)
Adriana's in Sayulita.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2014 at 10:52 AM

Playa Azul in San Pancho was nice a few years ago.
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2014 at 08:03 AM

Check out Monchi's

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2014 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apple
Check out Monchi's

Thanks - looks like a winner. I definitely stop by!
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 01:21 PM

Costa Azul-thanks for the correction Soulpatch- Vacant huh? What happened?
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2014 at 05:48 PM

Just got back from my trip and stayed at the Hotel Posado de Roger in PV and the Sayulita Beach House - both were perfect for what I was looking for! I'll post a trip report separately but wanted to say thanks for the excellent recommendations! ;)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.