BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: No "Post Reply" button ????
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:11 PM
No "Post Reply" button ????

Nomads,
Is there a reason a thread would have the "Post Reply" button removed? Re: "SERENIDAD - not worth to think about"

Or is it just me?????

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:14 PM

there's a little padlock on the envelope.
can we get one of those for the marine story?:?:
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:14 PM

Locked thread. It's over.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:24 PM

YAAAAYYYYYYYY !!! :tumble: :spingrin: :wow: ;)

What I wish we could get is a redline button, where you could block and not receive all posts from just one person... sure would cut through a lot of you-know-what
(yes, you can redline ME too....:P

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
YAAAAYYYYYYYY !!! :tumble: :spingrin: :wow: ;)

What I wish we could get is a redline button, where you could block and not receive all posts from just one person... sure would cut through a lot of you-know-what
(yes, you can redline ME too....:P

Or a limiter that stops posting diarrhea.....post after post after post after post after authoritative post........

:cool:

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:28 PM

Some threads just lock up quickly and head south page by page quickly. Some threads that many would like to see locked up, well, they just continue to fly to the top.

A management decision, for sure. :saint:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:31 PM

RHIP
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
there's a little padlock on the envelope.
can we get one of those for the marine story?:?:

Thanks for pointing out the keyed envelope....:O

And, I also thought that such an editorial move might be applied to stoopid grafix...:light:

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 05:37 PM

A new thread of the same subject called " the smell test" was taken down after just a few minutes why ? when other threads like " the jailed marine" just as ugly keep going and going. Send them all to dark scary place called Off Topic
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by freediverbrian
A new thread of the same subject called " the smell test" was taken down after just a few minutes why ? when other threads like " the jailed marine" just as ugly keep going and going. Send them all to dark scary place called Off Topic

I totally concur. It's called "HITS" and advertising, top of the page, is what it's all about... not you, not them, just numbers. $$$$$$$$$$$ - this kind of #'s.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 06:22 PM

Ya, the "Smell Test" thread was here for a few days....and evaporated within the last two hours.

I have not noticed such editing before....

I can get used to that, I suppose, as long as I realize what we post is written in quicksand sometimes....or just when the "tide comes in":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2639556/Artists-create-amazing-3D-sand-drawings-beach-New-Zealand.html

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 06:37 PM

Ged, the term down here is "The thread is locked", as you will note a padlock on the thread if you use 'Today's Posts' to view all new Nomad activity. Once Doug "locks" a thread, the 'Post Reply' button vanishes... since he doesn't want anyone to continue 'beating the dead horse' or 'flaming' fellow Nomads. The turtle soup thread was one that should have been locked l-o-n-g ago!

The next level Doug could do, but rarely (if ever) does is to delete the entire thread... poof, it's gone. Only the original poster can delete one's own posts... but not the entire thread. Sometimes an OP (original poster) will remove his opening post, but all the replies remain... often making the subject confusing unless you happened to have read the OP before it was removed.

Have a good day, okay, eh?:tumble:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 08:11 PM

But question remains why this horse and not that horse
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2014 at 08:18 PM

Because, because, because, because, because. Because of the wonderful things it does. doesn't it pee you off not being in the in click.:fire::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.