BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Celulas Madres - stem cell therapy
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 07:42 AM
Celulas Madres - stem cell therapy

There is a well known clinic in Ensenada that is run by Dr. Hino, Ensenada Health and Wellness. I met an American who went to the clinic a few years back and touted the wonders of the stem cell therapy treatment. Since then in my own mind, I have tried to understand what was behind this treatment and how it worked.

I paid a visit to Dr. Hino early one morning. Dr. Hino, (admittedly not a medical doctor) met me at his clinic and I asked him several questions on how the procedure worked. He was not very specific. I left there more confused than when I first walked in. Embryonic cells have the capacity to differentiate into different types of cells in the human body, but to date and as far as the latest research shows, you cannot inject stem cells from an embryo and have them go to the site of injury and reproduce say, bone destroyed by osteoarthritis.

Case in point. I met a lady the other day, who owns a local restaurant. She was limping severely and I asked her what the problem was. She said she had Seguro Popular, and they were willing to do the hip replacement surgery, but the materials had to be paid for by her and they cost $3000 American dollars.

She told me she had borrowed money and had paid Dr. Hino a few months back $3000 for her treatment with celulas madres or stem cells. She said she had no improvement and every time she goes back for an appointment he tells her to eliminate the stress in her life that is getting in the way of her improvement. I advised her to ask Dr. Hino for a refund because she told me he assured her she would get better, but she hasn't. All she wants is her money back to pay for the materials for her surgery.

In summary, stem cell therapy research is in its infancy and in the link below you will see how in a Petri dish cells can be grown from embryonic cells. But to date, there has been no proof of the cells going to the sites and growing the defective material, say in the degeneration of the substantia nigra, which produces dopamine in the brain, and is responsible for Parkinson's disease. It's close, but no cigar.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/stem_cell_research/coaxing_ce...

[Edited on 7-15-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:00 AM

This is just part of the "Cure Scam" that has been going on down here for years. Add to this milagro coffee enemas and the desperate will, in many cases, be duped.
There oughta be a law.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:04 AM

DENNIS to be fair many have praised the clinic and from what this woman tells me the clinic is packed with 35 patients in the waiting room daily. But I don't see the scientific evidence that proves these cells differentiate at this point in time. It's coming closer and closer to the reality, but it's not there yet. I did tell her to take her xray to Dr. Hino that she took before the treatment and take one now to see if there is a difference.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This is just part of the "Cure Scam" that has been going on down here for years. Add to this milagro coffee enemas and the desperate will, in many cases, be duped.
There oughta be a law.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:28 AM
Three things to remember

"A fool and his money are soon parted" Dr. John Bridges, 1587

"There's a sucker born every minute" David Hannum, 1860s

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:47 AM

What he said......... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 08:55 AM
Two cases

I know two people who have received this treatment in Ensenada

After a year receiving treatments and spending $$$ on stem cell therapy, both people are now seeking treatment (hip and knee replacement) one in the US and one in Canada (she is on a two year wait list).

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 09:59 AM

I don't know what kind of procedure they use at the clinic in Ensenada, but I have a couple of friends that have had good luck with this form of stem cell treatment:

http://www.rapsmd.com/knee-stem-cell-therapy-and-platelet-pr...

"The future ain't what it used to be"
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 10:09 AM

My daughter was diagnosed with Lymphoma six years ago. Her oncologist told her that the type she had was fairly successful with chemotherapy. After three different courses with no success, she was sent to UC@ Davis for a Stem Cell Transplant. She was left slightly disabled, but alive and raising her daughter, over all she looks very healthy. JH
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 10:17 AM

That is a bone marrow transplant which is different than the procedure used with embryonic cells. That is successful because they are transplanting bone marrow directly with bone marrow into the bloodstream to form new blood cells but not to go to hips or to lungs or whatever to become different cells. Sorry to hear she was left disabled. What happened that caused that if I may ask? Below is the link for stem cell therapy for lymphoma.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkinlymphoma/detailedgui...

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamedic
My daughter was diagnosed with Lymphoma six years ago. Her oncologist told her that the type she had was fairly successful with chemotherapy. After three different courses with no success, she was sent to UC@ Davis for a Stem Cell Transplant. She was left slightly disabled, but alive and raising her daughter, over all she looks very healthy. JH
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 10:22 AM

We all have factors in our blood than heal wounds and damaged parts of our bodies. However, the lady I talked to said that the Dr. had told her that they were using embryonic cells which leads me to believe they are claiming that the procedure will actually grow a different type of tissue which is possible in the laboratory but not at this point in time in the body or in vivo. In any case, when I asked the Dr. himself he did not explain it clearly.
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I don't know what kind of procedure they use at the clinic in Ensenada, but I have a couple of friends that have had good luck with this form of stem cell treatment:

http://www.rapsmd.com/knee-stem-cell-therapy-and-platelet-pr...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
DENNIS to be fair many have praised the clinic and from what this woman tells me the clinic is packed with 35 patients in the waiting room daily.

Have you ever gone into one of the Santeria shops downtown? You know..... where they sell articles for witchcraft?
They're crowded too.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 10:44 AM

No I never have. How come you go in there?
Quote:
Quote:
DENNIS to be fair many have praised the clinic and from what this woman tells me the clinic is packed with 35 patients in the waiting room daily.

Have you ever gone into one of the Santeria shops downtown? You know..... where they sell articles for witchcraft?
They're crowded too.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 11:10 AM

Quote:

I used to buy little bags of black salt that when sprinkled at the feet of an adversary during conversation, gave them immeasurable bad luck. :saint:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 12:44 PM

Hey weren't you in that movie Arsenic and Old Lace?
Quote:
Quote:

I used to buy little bags of black salt that when sprinkled at the feet of an adversary during conversation, gave them immeasurable bad luck. :saint:
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
That is a bone marrow transplant which is different than the procedure used with embryonic cells. That is successful because they are transplanting bone marrow directly with bone marrow into the bloodstream to form new blood cells but not to go to hips or to lungs or whatever to become different cells. Sorry to hear she was left disabled. What happened that caused that if I may ask? Below is the link for stem cell therapy for lymphoma.

Quote:

They inserted a catheter into her femoral artery for the transfusion, a clot formed down to her knee and has left her with very limited mobility in her R leg. They tried all of the normal clot busting procedures without success. I/we are still thankful to have her around to raise our granddaughter. JH ;D
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 01:31 PM

Yes you are lucky!!
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

They inserted a catheter into her femoral artery for the transfusion, a clot formed down to her knee and has left her with very limited mobility in her R leg. They tried all of the normal clot busting procedures without success. I/we are still thankful to have her around to raise our granddaughter. JH ;D
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2014 at 06:14 PM

The Angeles Clinic in Tijuana has been doing knee, hip, and shoulder treatment for years and is one of the top clinics for success rates. They take adipose tissue from the stomach area, which is the richest source of stem cells in the body, then they inject those stem cells in the affected area where regeneration takes place.

I had a good friend who went to this facility and he had lost almost all function in both knees. He did the injections, had the treatment, then came to my house in BCS and spent a couple of weeks in recuperation. He was able to get around quite well and the only reported discomfort was where they had taken the stem cells in the adipose area. He returned home to Alaska and this year was able to climb 15,000 ft mountains on a two week extended goat hunt. He could have had artificial knees put in because they were so bad, but I had a friend who is one of the most recognized Pedciatric Orthopaedic Surgeons in all of Mexico and he helped my friend get into the program and serviced. I think the process was somewhat of a miracle for my friend and he continues to get stronger all the time.

An interesting side note is that they are doing a very similar treatment for heart attack victims and injecting stem cells into the heart which is also showing some tendency to regenerate heart tissue.

So there may well be some issues with this particular Ensenada Clinic, but there are some great success stories out there. It probably helps to know where to look.

greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 06:58 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Stem Cell treatment still in the research stage up in the states but being practiced in Mexico?

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Stem Cell treatment still in the research stage up in the states but being practiced in Mexico?

Seeings as how the United States is DEAD LAST in medicine of all the industrialized nations in the world, I'd think that would be a safe assumption, as well as treatments for a whole lotta other things too, que no?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 7-30-2014 at 09:02 AM

Embryonic stem cell research is much more advanced in Europe and other parts of the world. A primary reason for this lag is that the Bush/Cheney regime outlawed it and there was no funding to develop the science. Those blinded, ultraconservative policies have been taken down but the decade of lost time hasn't been caught up. The specifics of the clinic at issue here are not known to me but if I was looking for that type of treatment, it would not be from someone who does not have an MD and license.

There is literature available if you do some online research for yourself and this medical science is still relatively new......

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.