BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MENAJE DE LA CASA...I NEED A LITTLE HELP!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-21-2014 at 08:21 AM
MENAJE DE LA CASA...I NEED A LITTLE HELP!

[B] I am sure that many of you full-timers in Baja have used the Mexican consulate form, "MENAJE DE LA CASA" which is a form one fills out (from your local Mexican consulate in the US) to enumerate ALL items you will be bringing to your new home in Baja.

Once the form is filled out, you must find a broker near the port of entry to hold your items and then they bring the stuff down at your convenience.

The help I need is the contact name of some trusted brokers that I can use to pick up my stuff in Orange county and move it to the border crossing and temporarily storing it.

Mil gracias, in advance!
Udo

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-21-2014 at 08:33 AM

I used Columbia Exports when I moved my things.

http://www.columbiaexport.com/service/english/serviciosi/

Everything went well-no problems

Edit for clarification: Columbia (at Otay) was the company/broker that moved my stuff to La Paz. I had to have a separate moving company pick up the items at my home in San Diego, then drive them to Columbia who can also store you stuff in their warehouse until you're ready to move it across the border. Columbia was very helpful in letting me know exactly what they needed, how they price their service and tariffs on new items.

San Diego, CA
Columbia Export Service Co.
8640 Siempre Viva Road,
San Diego, CA 92154
Tel: (619) 710-1863 | Fax: (619) 710-1868

cesco1@columbiaexport.net

[Edited on 7-21-2014 by danaeb]

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 7-21-2014 at 09:06 AM

Hi Udo, The Rotarians use a company located near the Otay Mesa border crossing. I've emailed my contact in La Paz and I'll forward you the info when I get it. Hope you're doing well with your health issues!

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-21-2014 at 09:54 AM

How are you feeling, UDO? You certainly don't seem to get much rest.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-21-2014 at 10:21 AM

Thanks for your concern, Dr.

It appears that I'm doing a lot, but in reality i'm pacing myself. I am walking about 1-3 walks around the block a day.
This morning was my first un-incumbered shower and shave. I.E. a shower without being tied onto something. Sure felt great!

I also changed eliostomy bags to a two piece. The other ones kept getting unglued anywhere from 3 hours to the next morning. The new ones I will be changing about once a week.

This morning the house Rn will be coming by for a blood draw to check on my Warferin count.

My wife is now doing the IV changes every day of the nutrition pack.

I am also eating well, and gaining about ½+ lb per day. Most of what I eat goes from mouth to stomach and then to the eliostomy bag, so I don't get much of a chance to retain much nutrition from food. Then I have to empty the bag 8-10 times a day.

The pills I have to take, I generally take about 3 hours after eating and my stomach contents are empty, or the pills go directly to the bag also without any retention by my body.

I think that is all my latest news, Dr.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 7-23-2014 at 08:56 AM

Hola Udo, Check your U2U for shipping info.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.