Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  11
Author: Subject: Mexico denies asylum to migrant children
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 11:49 AM
Mexico denies asylum to migrant children

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2014/mexico-asylum-...

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 12:09 PM

This ought to be another 45 page thread.....:)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

I doubt there's anyone left with that much stamina...let alone pertinent information. :lol:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

I doubt there's anyone left with that much stamina...let alone pertinent information. :lol:

My money is on Ateo. Time for the popcorn!
And Dennis, if you are correct, well the popcorn will still be good. :biggrin::biggrin:
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:18 PM

I find it really sad and very hypocritical that the Republicans, who most claim to be Christians, would send innocent children back into harm's way. I'm sorry but Christianity along with many other religions of helping those in need, go hand in hand or should! Where is the Christian humanity here! Open up your churches and let these children in. Feed them, clothe them, and find homes for them right here in the good ol USA!

Maybe they should be asking themselves, "what would Jesus do"!

These are not illegal immigrants, they are refugees, let's get that right and maybe the conversation will change!

I think the Gov. of Maryland, Martin O'Malley, has a good point, "it is contrary to everything we stand for to summarily send children back to death".

These are children for crying out loud, and yet now they are pawns in a Political game, it's so heartbreaking!

redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:32 PM

I do not think it is a religious problem but a problem with politicians that have lost all sense of morality and integrity. Promoting fear and self-interest is the new way to get elected it seems.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:37 PM

Don't these children belong with their parents??? Democrats forced Elian Gonzalez out of family members arms to send him to Cuba where his father was despite his mother dying to bring him to America.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:39 PM

If you as individuals want to take care of the children send funds through a church or some other institution to take care of them in their home country. Not keep them in the US.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
I find it really sad and very hypocritical that the Republicans, who most claim to be Christians, would send innocent children back into harm's way. I'm sorry but Christianity along with many other religions of helping those in need, go hand in hand or should! Where is the Christian humanity here! Open up your churches and let these children in. Feed them, clothe them, and find homes for them right here in the good ol USA!

Maybe they should be asking themselves, "what would Jesus do"!

These are not illegal immigrants, they are refugees, let's get that right and maybe the conversation will change!

I think the Gov. of Maryland, Martin O'Malley, has a good point, "it is contrary to everything we stand for to summarily send children back to death".

These are children for crying out loud, and yet now they are pawns in a Political game, it's so heartbreaking!

So how many are you signing up to take? It's an unfortunate fact of life that the USA cannot take care of all the poor in the world.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:50 PM

I agree that Politician have lost all sense of morality and integrity!

But it's very hypocritical to see some of these Politicians who claim to be Christians AND play to their Christian base when it is convenient for them, and yet get on the news channels wanting to turn these kids away. Not a very Christian OR compassionate thing to do IMHO. They hide behind their religion to sing to their choir. It's disgusting!

I'd much rather put my tax dollars into paying for food stamps/welfare for the families wanting to take these kids in than pay corporate welfare to Walmart who makes billlons in profits.

where's the humanity for these kids?

Put these Politicians feet to the fire and let's see how Christian they really are!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:51 PM

DavidK, of course they belong with their parents, but in the meantime???

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
I find it really sad and very hypocritical that the Republicans, who most claim to be Christians, would send innocent children back into harm's way.

I'll have to read the article again, but I thought it was about Mexico.
I'm easily confused.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:53 PM

I wish I could take them in, but I already help my son raise my 2 grandchildren. There are plenty of people willing to take these kids in!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
I wish I could take them in, but I already help my son raise my 2 grandchildren. There are plenty of people willing to take these kids in!

Like there's no American kids that could use a bit of "taking in." Why are they so easy to be left out in the cold?

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 02:04 PM

Absolutely there are PLENTY of American kids that could use taking in, Dennis. I know this first and as I work with heroin and meth addicted families.

And I too sure would like to know the answer to your question, why are they left out in the cold? I ask this myself all the time!

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Absolutely there are PLENTY of American kids that could use taking in, Dennis. I know this first and as I work with heroin and meth addicted families.

And I too sure would like to know the answer to your question, why are they left out in the cold? I ask this myself all the time!

Wow talk about flavor of the month. Who was taking care of these kids before they reached the border?

Why are they left out in the cold? Because it's a tough world?

How many Christians here think the US should take care of ALL kids coming to our border? How many who answered yes are planning to adopt some of these kids?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
How many who answered yes are planning to adopt some of these kids?

:lol::lol: Man oh effing man...if the NIMBY effect ever had a stronger foothold on issues in the US, I don't know where that might be.

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 02:27 PM

Well, we are of to a good start. We have already jumped to American politics and religion, we're still on the first page. This will be a good one. More popcorn please.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 05:07 PM

Recall that these are not Mexican kids. They are from Central American countries and had an arduous journey. !00 miles or more.

I totally believe them to be refugees.

All the so-called Christian bull crap aside, it really appears that the US has become so much less welcoming than when the statue of liberty was erected.

My money, what little is left, is because we have been gradually taken over by an oligarchy, who only looks for profits; not fairness.

These are friggin' children.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

These are friggin' children.

These are fragmented families which will require reassembly in short order. To try and pass off these kids as independent sojourners is the big lie. They are the new "anchor babies."
The more people try to sell me the line of goods..... innocent children and all that crap, the stronger I repel from the disingenuous reasoning.

Pages:  1    3  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.