Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:08 PM

The pointless point. :)

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:13 PM

Yes, Dennis started the original post, but I sort of went off on it, sorry!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:15 PM

ummm well I'm sure Jesus wouldn't feel any borders should exist, dontcha think?

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:29 PM

I sort of get what you are saying BajaRat, we have a lot of problems here at home and don't need to be taking care of the world's problem, HOWEVER...if we would start by just stopping all the money being hidden overseas from these crooked Corporations who have tax havens, and keep the money here in the U.S. then perhaps we can begin to take care of what needs to be taken care of here.

For instance: Walmart pays it's employees such a low wage, they have to rely on food stamps and subsidized healthcare to survive, then Walmart exploits the tax holes to avoid paying billions in taxes that fund food stamps, and then they reap billions in profits when food stamps are spent in their stores. What a cluster you-know-what! Yep that's Walmart's business model!

We would have so much more money if they would just start sinching up the tax holes, ugh!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:32 PM

Jesus sure as heck wouldn't be judging them because they are not vaccinated, or judging them because they don't belong here.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:34 PM

so if you move to Washington, texas or florida (states without taxes) are you then considered a traitor to your ex state? we need to make things in this country. we don't even make shoe laces anymore....... PATHETIC!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
ummm well I'm sure Jesus wouldn't feel any borders should exist, dontcha think?

Certainly not the Rio Grand. He'd walk right across that puddle in open defiance.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Jesus sure as heck wouldn't be judging them because they are not vaccinated, or judging them because they don't belong here.

I doubt Jesus is judging Walmart either.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:42 PM

monoloco, where's the like button, I totally agree!

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:50 PM

Just the way ya look at things ... some see danger, others don't ..

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:54 PM

Wow. Just spent 25 minutes on maybe the longest post I've ever made. Hit "post reply" and it went to nowhere land. What an enormous waste of time. I should've saved it, because the fury is now lost, as I start in on my In-N-Out Double Double.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Wow. Just spent 25 minutes on maybe the longest post I've ever made. Hit "post reply" and it went to nowhere land. What an enormous waste of time. I should've saved it, because the fury is now lost, as I start in on my In-N-Out Double Double.

I'll trade you two young Nicaraguans, complete with leaf blowers, for one of them there Double Doubles. :lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:03 PM

Oh OH....David is feeling lonely and neglected over on the Marine thread.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:04 PM

Ateo ... you too .. it's a real bummer .. HUH :lol::lol:

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

I hate when that happens, now I write in word and copy over most of the time.
Let me get some more popcorn!!!!

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
I sort of get what you are saying BajaRat, we have a lot of problems here at home and don't need to be taking care of the world's problem, HOWEVER...if we would start by just stopping all the money being hidden overseas from these crooked Corporations who have tax havens, and keep the money here in the U.S. then perhaps we can begin to take care of what needs to be taken care of here.

For instance: Walmart pays it's employees such a low wage, they have to rely on food stamps and subsidized healthcare to survive, then Walmart exploits the tax holes to avoid paying billions in taxes that fund food stamps, and then they reap billions in profits when food stamps are spent in their stores. What a cluster you-know-what! Yep that's Walmart's business model!

We would have so much more money if they would just start sinching up the tax holes, ugh!

Would you care to share your source of this claim with the rest of us?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:44 PM
Here you go

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/immigration/californ...

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
If there were a list of people who would take care of these children would that help. I would take 2, no problem.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
I find it really sad and very hypocritical that the Republicans, who most claim to be Christians, would send innocent children back into harm's way. I'm sorry but Christianity along with many other religions of helping those in need, go hand in hand or should! Where is the Christian humanity here! Open up your churches and let these children in. Feed them, clothe them, and find homes for them right here in the good ol USA!

Maybe they should be asking themselves, "what would Jesus do"!

These are not illegal immigrants, they are refugees, let's get that right and maybe the conversation will change!

I think the Gov. of Maryland, Martin O'Malley, has a good point, "it is contrary to everything we stand for to summarily send children back to death".

These are children for crying out loud, and yet now they are pawns in a Political game, it's so heartbreaking!

You can't expect republicans to be willing to pay for child care, the war on women has pretty much drained their coffers.:lol::lol::lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 09:13 PM

These republican "protests" showing the ugliest, vile strain of modern Americana are the same conservative simpletons who find enough time to protest family planning clinics. What is their message? "We love the fetus - we hate the child". All the while pretending you are for smaller government? Religion makes people insane! In Dog I trust!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:

Would you care to share your source of this claim with the rest of us?

The evil Walmart Corp paid 7.98 billion in taxes in 2013 on 25.74 billion earnings before taxes. That is a tax rate of over 31%. They had to spend 443 billion to earn 25.74 Bil before taxes. They have paid 7 billion or more in taxes for the last 5 years. How much more should they pay? Check out some of the other US Corporations. Many of the low income people rely on Walmart for virtually all of their needs. Many of the achievers working for Walmart quickly advance into supervisory or management positions that are well paying. Like any other job, simply having weight and occupying space is no ticket to success. Until the majority of our population shifts from takers to producers, we will continue the downward spiral we are in.
We can't support the world. How about some of the African countries who are far worse off? Why not take care of them also? We have huge domestic problems that desperately need attention before we become the caretaker for the rest of the world.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.