wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 10:51 PM

Spot on

Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2014 at 10:54 PM

The kids intercepted at the boarders will be detained and or temporarily united with extended family until they can be given a hearing on their request for asylum. This is the law, current law that protects kids against sex trafficking.

As an immigrant myself, I still believe that the USA is the 'Home of the Brave, Land of the Free and Opportunity'! We were and are a symbol of Freedom and Democracy for all the World.

We still have much to share and as we reap the benefits of our Economic and Military Might sharing is what should be done.

Make it a Great Day!!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
I sort of get what you are saying BajaRat, we have a lot of problems here at home and don't need to be taking care of the world's problem, HOWEVER...if we would start by just stopping all the money being hidden overseas from these crooked Corporations who have tax havens, and keep the money here in the U.S. then perhaps we can begin to take care of what needs to be taken care of here.

For instance: Walmart pays it's employees such a low wage, they have to rely on food stamps and subsidized healthcare to survive, then Walmart exploits the tax holes to avoid paying billions in taxes that fund food stamps, and then they reap billions in profits when food stamps are spent in their stores. What a cluster you-know-what! Yep that's Walmart's business model!

We would have so much more money if they would just start sinching up the tax holes, ugh!

Would you care to share your source of this claim with the rest of us?

The evil Walmart Corp paid 7.98 billion in taxes in 2013 on 25.74 billion earnings before taxes. That is a tax rate of over 31%. They had to spend 443 billion to earn 25.74 Bil before taxes. They have paid 7 billion or more in taxes for the last 5 years. How much more should they pay? Check out some of the other US Corporations. Many of the low income people rely on Walmart for virtually all of their needs. Many of the achievers working for Walmart quickly advance into supervisory or management positions that are well paying. Like any other job, simply having weight and occupying space is no ticket to success. Until the majority of our population shifts from takers to producers, we will continue the downward spiral we are in.
We can't support the world. How about some of the African countries who are far worse off? Why not take care of them also? We have huge domestic problems that desperately need attention before we become the caretaker for the rest of the world.
Watch the documentary film "The High Cost of Low Prices".

http://youtu.be/Jazb24Q2s94

"The future ain't what it used to be"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 06:00 AM

Threads like this bring out all the hypocrites. Wringing their hands, oozing sympathy, emoting all over, the poor children etc. BUT I suspect NONE of them will actually go so far as to take one of these kids into their home. We would BUT....Much like attending a right to life meeting, and asking at the peak of the oratory for a show of hands of those in attendance who have adopted a child....There is a stunned moment of silence, then the conversation shifts to the Denver Broncos chances next season...

rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 06:38 AM

Why not reduce the amount of US aid to the countries the kids are coming from by the amount that we will spend on them. Since probably 50 percent of our aid money is going into some politicians pocket down there, his income would be reduced by at least half. With reduced income maybe he would be motivated to clean up the problems in his country. With a reduced flow of children to the US we would send more aid money south and he would skim more money and see the results of his labor. I am sure I am over simplifying the solution.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 06:47 AM

There are charitable organizations looking for money and manpower to help these kids. Google it if you're so inclined.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 06:55 AM

rzitren, I agree, but what you say just makes too much sense!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 07:31 AM

What will these crime ridden countries do when they come to a generation gap in their population and realize they have no work force? Then, the need for cheap labor will be answered by countries lower on the economic scale. It won't be long before profiteers are bringing in labor from the Middle East.
But...we all Gawd's chilun...right?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Threads like this bring out all the hypocrites. Wringing their hands, oozing sympathy, emoting all over, the poor children etc. BUT I suspect NONE of them will actually go so far as to take one of these kids into their home. We would BUT....Much like attending a right to life meeting, and asking at the peak of the oratory for a show of hands of those in attendance who have adopted a child....There is a stunned moment of silence, then the conversation shifts to the Denver Broncos chances next season...

Begging the question type argument. First of all, many, many of these children already have family in the United States who will take them and there are LOTS of families in their younger years who would adopt the others --- much better qualified than a bunch of 60 and 70 year old people. Homes for them would not be a problem if they are cleared to stay.

But it would also require reasonable immigration reform as many of these families are living in the shadows and Mr. Speaker won't let that happen.

It is a matter of society's priorities --- spend our tax dollars on this humanitarian crisis, or continue the massive corporate welfare.

The US made a real mess out of much of Central America and now we want to turn our back on all of it.

Again, the US was culpable in the persecution of the Jews in Europe and how many children were on the ship St Louis that we refused to allow to enter the US for many of the same arguments. In that case, we just didn't want to change the "quota" system so we sent them back to die.
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:11 AM

Maybe the Catholic Church, which is the villain in many cases, should fork up some of its more than 30 billion dollars to help the children of the world which they encouraged to pro-create and then abuse.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:29 AM

I couldn't agree more, redmesa!

they want to protect the unborn but as soon as they are born, they wash their hands!

off topic rant.....And ya know what really irks me is when I drive by a Church, like say the ones in my town, and they have land around the church, big grassy areas, and instead of turning those into community food gardens for those who need food, or donate that food to the food banks, they just leave the land grass. So yeah lets let families struggle, kids go without 3 meals a day, and pass the buck onto the rest of society.

The Catholic church does many good things, but let's see them step up for these refugee kids!

Juan Williams last night said on the O'Reilly show, which I don't watch but caught on video this morning on HuffPo, we could put say 20 of these rufugee kids in each state and that wouldn't be such a strain on just one State. Surely each state can handle a few kids!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:29 AM

Diana T? Please post the name of one of the "lots of young families" who are going to take one of these children? Just one? Should be easy, que no? Are YOUR children going to take one? It's always someone elses problem, isn't it? The gummint, the Catholic church.....Not yours...most certainly....Step up, or shut up..

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:32 AM

Boy, the Kool-Aid is flowing freely today...

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:32 AM

ummm and I guess the Statue of Liberty only applies to European immigrants Like most of us...and not all immigrants?

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 08:35 AM

To ensure that the entire planets starving and poor were living at our standard in the United States ... has been estimated by science would take four (4) planets the size of our earth ...

But, who's counting .. :lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
Maybe the Catholic Church, which is the villain in many cases, should fork up some of its more than 30 billion dollars to help the children of the world which they encouraged to pro-create and then abuse.

The church says all acts are the acts of God and it's not your place to call God into account.
Argue with that.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
ummm and I guess the Statue of Liberty only applies to European immigrants Like most of us...and not all immigrants?

Actually, that was the original intention.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Wow. Just spent 25 minutes on maybe the longest post I've ever made. Hit "post reply" and it went to nowhere land. What an enormous waste of time. I should've saved it, because the fury is now lost, as I start in on my In-N-Out Double Double.

I'll trade you two young Nicaraguans, complete with leaf blowers, for one of them there Double Doubles. :lol:

Dennis do you still have that In-n-Out shirt I sent you? Double double not on my list anymore. Well maybe I'll sneak one.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadogs
These republican "protests" showing the ugliest, vile strain of modern Americana are the same conservative simpletons who find enough time to protest family planning clinics. What is their message? "We love the fetus - we hate the child". All the while pretending you are for smaller government? Religion makes people insane! In Dog I trust!

There it is.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2014 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Wow. Just spent 25 minutes on maybe the longest post I've ever made. Hit "post reply" and it went to nowhere land. What an enormous waste of time. I should've saved it, because the fury is now lost, as I start in on my In-N-Out Double Double.

I'll trade you two young Nicaraguans, complete with leaf blowers, for one of them there Double Doubles. :lol:

Dennis do you still have that In-n-Out shirt I sent you? Double double not on my list anymore. Well maybe I'll sneak one.

just one little one can't hurt!
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.