BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: U.S. border patrol shoots unarmed Mexican teen in the back from across border fence
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 01:01 PM
U.S. border patrol shoots unarmed Mexican teen in the back from across border fence

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/jose-antonio-elena-rodrig...
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 01:20 PM

This was two years ago....and no resolution to the murder.:no:

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 01:29 PM

Ceeesco...you're grave digging. There are registered Nomads who were born since this happened.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Ceeesco...you're grave digging. There are registered Nomads who were born since this happened.

Dennis, it's still happening. Do you recall recently the two deaths at San Ysidro and one back-shot in El Paso that were not adjudicated because the victims died in another country.

We had a thread on that.

This information was published today as it is being questioned why the relatives of the dead kid have had NO information from anyone about the death of their loved one, after all this time.

I would certainly be questioning also if it were my family.

This is NOT grave digging. It's information regarding the policies of the CBP and ICE not putting out information for closure.

We have all been harassed and harangued at the border and at internal checkpoints, this is but another example of the lack of consideration of our border authorities and should be known by every Nomad crossing or stopped by these ....

Ancient history my burro. This crap is going on and on with more violence and incidents reported daily. Many on this forum. As persons who are cohesive and travel between these two countries with regularity it is vital for us to know and understand how out of control these situations can get, and, if we were not such a divisive group we could have some influence as a group in toto with our elected representatives to get these monsters to act humanly. It would be beneficial to all.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco

We have all been harassed and harangued at the border and at internal checkpoints, this is but another example of the lack of consideration of our border authorities and should be known by every Nomad crossing or stopped by these ....

They are hand-puppets for Homeland Security who evidently sees value in an armed, rogue agency. That's what scares me.

I know it's still happening, but crying about CBP is just peeing in the wind.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 04:06 PM

maybe this will even things out a bit?

http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigrants-kill-border-patrol-...

Illegal Immigrants Kill Border Patrol Agent, Family And Media Denied Arraignment Access

The sheriff in Willacy County, Texas, refused access to media personnel and the family of a murdered border patrol agent at the suspects’ arraignment, according to The Monitor.

The arraignment, held inside the jail where the suspects are currently in custody, was completely off limits ”for security reasons.” Sheriff Larry Spence told The Monitor he received anonymous calls for details about the arraignment — like time and date — and feared a jailbreak.

Gustavo Tijernia, 30, and Ismael Hernandez, 40, were arrested Monday when they confessed to killing off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent Javier Vega Jr., 36. Vega died of a gunshot wound to the chest, and his father Javier Vega Sr. was hospitalized for a gunshot wound to the hip. Tijernia and Hernandez, who are both Mexican nationals and illegal immigrants, face charges of capital murder, attempted capital murder, aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

It’s concerning enough that Mexican nationals have shot and killed an off-duty Border Patrol agent, but it’s doubly concerning that the media and Vega’s family were denied access to the arraignment.

The Valley Morning Star reported the suspects are being held without bond.

Follow Kate on Twitter
Join the conversation on The Daily Caller

Read more stories from The Daily Caller

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:04 PM

Remember Dennis ... wind at your back .. :biggrin::biggrin:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Remember Dennis ... wind at your back .. :biggrin::biggrin:

Butt..of course.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

They are hand-puppets for Homeland Security who evidently sees value in an armed, rogue agency. That's what scares me.

I know it's still happening, but crying about CBP is just peeing in the wind.

I sometimes wonder how there are a finite number of crossings, I've crossed an average number of times, and have always been treated fairly and professionally. Maybe it's because I'm always glad to see the border crew and have a great attitude.

Someone who's been ''harassed and harangued'' can't be innocent.

''Hand puppets''? Man, talk about attitude.

You guys want these men and women on the wall, you sleep safer at night because they are protecting you, and yet you whine and stomp your feet like children.

Maybe stay NOB more, or try Nogales.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
.....We have all been harassed and harangued at the border and at internal checkpoints..........

"We all"????? Really dude, you need to chill out

I have been going to Baja since 1962 and have never "been harassed and harangued at the border", nor "at internal checkpoints"

Cisco......do you think it might be you and/or your attitude?????.

Why the crusade???????....something happen personally to you??? Sure be interesting to know.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:05 PM

Bajaguy... Maybe not everyone has experienced discourteous agents at the border or the inland checkpoints. But for those of us on the border, and those of us that cross several times a week....... There is a systemic problem with the behavior of the CBP employees. But, not ALL are bad apples. Just seems to be a pretty poisoned apple tree. Just a glimpse of things to come I'm afraid. But it is all in the name of keeping us safer from something. I sure feel safer now!
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:59 PM

Gestapo.
DocRey
Nomad

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:03 PM

TSA with guns!:yes:
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
.....We have all been harassed and harangued at the border and at internal checkpoints..........

"We all"????? Really dude, you need to chill out

I have been going to Baja since 1962 and have never "been harassed and harangued at the border", nor "at internal checkpoints"

Cisco......do you think it might be you and/or your attitude?????.

Why the crusade???????....something happen personally to you??? Sure be interesting to know.

Terry a couple of years ago you and I spent three days on this on forum and u2u'ing each other regarding this issue and what my experiences were and are as I continue traveling the border areas and back and forth over La Linea.

Apparently you do not recall all the time and messages we exchanged but I'm not going to go through it again. Suffice to say that the end result was you saying THEY could search your vehicle at any time because you don't carry anything illegal.

And my saying that would be fine if we were in a reasonable country that respects it's constitution and it's people which we are not and that you just gave up your fourth amendment rights which makes it just that much harder for those of us that refuse searches except at Ports of Entry.

It's rather like paying off the LEO in Tecate for a non-existent infraction to get it done and be on your way. It just reinforces his scheme and the next guy gets hit a little harder.

You losing it or do you regularly forget conversations? If you wish, go back through your posts and you will see all but the u2u's we exchanged.

I made a comment once regarding the check point east of Yuma as being a "cash cow" and Dali-Dali inquired about the comment. It was just about xmas time last year and I was on my way out for the holiday but sent him a handful of stuff regarding illegal checkpoints and an invitation to contact me when I returned if he had any questions, guess he didn't I have not heard from him but that stuff is on forum.

I will not put up with illegal assaults upon my person or belongings and it peees them off totally, not my intent. I just do not wish to be bothered on the road, at a campsite in Laguna or pulled over on the Banner Grade and it is my fourth amendment and fifth amendment rights that I will protect, much to their chagrin but totally legal. You protect your second amendment I will take care of the fourth and fifth but please don't defeat my purposes by bending over for these pathological idiots.

Regarding this post: Two fatal shots to the head across an international border and then six or eight in the back while the kid was prone on the sidewalk???

Sounds like some other part of the world. Sick, Sick, Sick.

Could you have gone home that night as an LEO and told your wife about your great day gunning (with a rifle) an unarmed kid???

I sure hope not, I have had more respect for your comments as a previous LEO than I have now.

I cannot even imagine that much of a lack of humanity or empathy in anyone other than a complete, unfeeling, psychopath.

We are totally screwed in this society of ours if these type of actions are allowed to become normal, unchallenged, occurrences.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
maybe this will even things out a bit?

http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigrants-kill-border-patrol-...

Illegal Immigrants Kill Border Patrol Agent, Family And Media Denied Arraignment Access

The sheriff in Willacy County, Texas, refused access to media personnel and the family of a murdered border patrol agent at the suspects’ arraignment, according to The Monitor.

The arraignment, held inside the jail where the suspects are currently in custody, was completely off limits ”for security reasons.” Sheriff Larry Spence told The Monitor he received anonymous calls for details about the arraignment — like time and date — and feared a jailbreak.

Gustavo Tijernia, 30, and Ismael Hernandez, 40, were arrested Monday when they confessed to killing off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent Javier Vega Jr., 36. Vega died of a gunshot wound to the chest, and his father Javier Vega Sr. was hospitalized for a gunshot wound to the hip. Tijernia and Hernandez, who are both Mexican nationals and illegal immigrants, face charges of capital murder, attempted capital murder, aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

It’s concerning enough that Mexican nationals have shot and killed an off-duty Border Patrol agent, but it’s doubly concerning that the media and Vega’s family were denied access to the arraignment.

The Valley Morning Star reported the suspects are being held without bond.

Follow Kate on Twitter