Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: PuntaFinal BIG PROBLEMS POLICE INVOLVED
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 07:47 PM

Don't EVER put anything on leased land in Mexico that does not have a trailer hitch attached to it. :light:
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 08:11 PM

. . . Thanks David K for posting the various maps; some of us appreciate your time on enhancing our knowledge of Baja. . .
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UnoMas
Don't EVER put anything on leased land in Mexico that does not have a trailer hitch attached to it. :light:

That about sums it up. Don't do it. Or, if you do put ''improvements'' onto leased land, know it now belongs to the owner and you are renting it. Why would any do that?
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 11:35 PM

OK so I looked at the web site saw the pictures and have questions-
Has anyone agreed to pay the higher rates?
If they have are they being thrown out also?
Is EVERYONE being tossed out or just the non-payers?
Has there been a FINAL decision in any of the court cases or is the landlord jumping the gun?
Was there any notice to those being tossed out that they had so many days to vacate or else?
How high are the new rates? In UDS.
Just asking for a better picture of what is happening there.
?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 05:20 AM

I coulda seen this coming from 500 kliks away. I'll have to email my friends at Gonzaga; they have a li'l oasis they've 'owned'(?) for over 20 years now; i'll try to raise 'em, see what their take... and situation... is there. More to come.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 05:39 AM

Stick a fork in that deal, it's done...Their website shows piles of stuff dumped in the desert and the good stuff being hauled off....Not much commentary, but lotsa cops, so must be sorta legal.....several homes for sale:no:

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 06:45 AM

I'd just be curious to know what the annual lease was..... and is now, and what it entails as far as tenant amenities.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 02:02 PM

I do not know what the base lease was but the increases were 400 per cent..per the website

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I do not know what the base lease was but the increases were 400 per cent..per the website
What does it matter? It's the same in the states, when your lease is up, the landlord can raise the rent as much as he wants. You are free to pay it or move, why would anyone expect it to be any different in Mexico?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 03:29 PM

I don't..someone asked and I answered.....

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
.............. but lotsa cops, so must be sorta legal.....

...hahaha...that's a good one!

...doesn't mean anything but they got paid to be there,no?:lol:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 05:17 PM

Ah, Si...

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 08:09 AM

any more details coming out

is the owners removing every one
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

That about sums it up. Don't do it. Or, if you do put ''improvements'' onto leased land, know it now belongs to the owner and you are renting it. Why would any do that?

Well, let's see. My ANNUAL lease for the land my house sets on is $1500 and the owner pays the taxes. Where else could I live in a 4BR, 3Bath home with an ocean view for $125 a month? If I amortize the $94k that I spent for the house over the 10 year period of the land lease that adds another $783 a month for a total of $908/ month for a home that on Pt.Loma with equivalent view would rent for at least $2500/ month. Of course I plan to live in this house much longer then 10 years which reduces the monthly cost much more and my kids can assume the lease and live in the house after I die if they want to.

Bob Durrell
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by C205Driver
. . . Thanks David K for posting the various maps; some of us appreciate your time on enhancing our knowledge of Baja. . .

X2 DK, I appreciate your posts especially the maps.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert

Well, let's see. My ANNUAL lease for the land my house sets on is $1500 and the owner pays the taxes. Where else could I live in a 4BR, 3Bath home with an ocean view for $125 a month? If I amortize the $94k that I spent for the house over the 10 year period of the land lease that adds another $783 a month for a total of $908/ month for a home that on Pt.Loma with equivalent view would rent for at least $2500/ month.

That's the way I looked at it when I was thinking about buying a house on leased land south of Rosarito. It's like paying a big portion of your rent for 10 years up front to get affordable housing in a fantastic location. When the 10 years are up, que sera sera. Maybe another 10 year lease at an affordable rate, maybe not.

However, I eventually decided to stay with "wheel estate".

[Edited on 8-9-2014 by SFandH]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

Well, let's see. My ANNUAL lease for the land my house sets on is $1500 and the owner pays the taxes. Where else could I live in a 4BR, 3Bath home with an ocean view for $125 a month? If I amortize the $94k that I spent for the house over the 10 year period of the land lease that adds another $783 a month for a total of $908/ month for a home that on Pt.Loma with equivalent view would rent for at least $2500/ month. Of course I plan to live in this house much longer then 10 years which reduces the monthly cost much more and my kids can assume the lease and live in the house after I die if they want to.
All good unless your landlord decides to give you the boot when your 10 years is up, which would be well within his rights.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 12:00 PM

just heard that its not all of the home owners

just the ones that had formed a home owners association

the ones in the association ( or some of them)

are heading to Ensenada to meet with their attorneys

and hopefully a Judge to stop this

my friend that has a place there is not involved
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 12:13 PM

I hope it works out. Amazing place!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 12:28 PM

I didn't meet with kevin but spoke to him on the phone and exchanged emails while negotiating a lease not long after he purchased the whole kit and caboodle (for a mere million dollars I heard), he's a tough businessman and isn't gonna budge. I wish the homeowners the best of luck!
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.