BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: LECTURE: The Fall of the Sea of Cortez by Aaron Quintanar. Imperial Beach, CA
Aqsurfer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 12:30 PM
LECTURE: The Fall of the Sea of Cortez by Aaron Quintanar. Imperial Beach, CA

Hola Nomads,

I would like to invite everyone to a lecture I will be presenting on Saturday August 16 at 10:00am entitled - THE FALL OF THE SEA OF CORTEZ: A History of Environmental Impacts and Lost Conservation Opportunities in Baja California and the Sea of Cortez, 2000-2010.

In the presentation I will discuss: fishing impacts to the gulf by decade; conservation efforts during the critical 2000-2010 period, current impacts to the peninsula, the gulf, the pacific flyway, and specific species. Lecture information at:

http://trnerr.org/walks-talks/

Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve
301 Caspian Way
Imperial Beach, Ca 91932

Hope to see you there.

Peace,
Aaron
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 12:38 PM

Are you going to make a video and post the talk online afterward? I'd like to see it, and that would probably be the only way. Just a suggestion.

Aqsurfer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 12:52 PM

Hola StuckSucks,

I am uncertain if the Estuary plans to videotape and/or stream the lecture. If not, I will do my best to have someone video and post it for people who can't make it.

Regarding your user name reminds me that boy do I have some great getting stuck stories - sand, cobbles, boulders, sink holes, salt flats, mechanical break downs etc. Great battles and memories.

Peace,
Aaron
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 8-10-2014 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aqsurfer
Hola StuckSucks,

I am uncertain if the Estuary plans to videotape and/or stream the lecture. If not, I will do my best to have someone video and post it for people who can't make it.

Regarding your user name reminds me that boy do I have some great getting stuck stories - sand, cobbles, boulders, sink holes, salt flats, mechanical break downs etc. Great battles and memories.

Peace,
Aaron

Won't be able to attend either Aron, it would be great if you could video it. :cool:
Aqsurfer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 10:48 AM

Hola Nomads,

I want to renew the invitation to my lecture/presentation at the Tijuana Estuary this Saturday, August 16 at 10:00am.

I am working on getting the lecture videotaped and will also post lecture topics on Bajanomad. Thanks again for caring about the gulf and the peninsula, hope to see you soon.

Peace,
Aaron

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.