Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Geocache and Project Sonntlan at Las Barrancas
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 11:32 AM

Very cool!:cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 10:00 AM

Tom has been at Baja California April 2017 and inspected the location of this geocache. Everything is in a good shape. This geocache has been placed in memory of the project Sonntlan. This project has been, to the time of installation, the largest solar energy field worldwide. It was built as a cooperation between Mexico and Germany for 90 Millions Deutsche Mark at Las Barrancas Baja California Sur.
At www.info-inmarsat.gmxhome.de and there under “Project Sonntlan at Las Barrancas“ you will find a lot of details as well as many pictures of it.
In April 2016 Tom wrote me they start a new expedition with a team to Baja California. We discussed about the place of the geocache. We decided it not to place on top the hill it will to difficulty to go to this place instead Tom made another proposal. After return of the expedition I get the confirmation pictures from the radio hill are taken and the geocache is placed.
The details to the geocache you will find at www.geocaching.com and there with the code GC6GP8N. Position of the geocache 25 47.900 N 111 59.260 W

As I wrote in this threat i offer the following: the first three geocache hunter which find this geocache will receive from me a video of the constructions time of project Sonntlan Baja California.
Joe
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 10:33 AM

220px-Facebook_like_thumb_2.png - 3kB
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 12:07 PM
Las Barrancas 2017

Took a couple photos of the abandoned buildings, a couple months ago...

[Edited on 9-17-2021 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 04:04 AM

Hello David,
i am interested at further and new photos of the Sonntlan plant. If you allow, I will placed it inside my homepage about the Sonntlan Project. http://www.dj7wl.darc.de/ There you will find my report under:
„Ein Forschungsprojekt der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und eine Wette“ „ Memorian Sonntlan Geocache look here“.
Yes, there will be a spezial hint about the geocache. You will find a lot of photos at this place. I wrote the report in english language.

You may send the photos to me via this mail address DJ7WL@gmx.eu

In the meantime, more then about 6300 people have had a look to this contribution but until now nobody has found the geocache, placed by Tom and his crew at the Baja California early in april 2016. In the meantime Tom has been again there and inspected the geocache, all has been ad good shape.
So i`m woundering me a bit that nobody is able and willing to find this geocache . The video of the constructions time of the project Sonntlan is still waiting for the first 3 finders. As I see it at the geocache homepage, this geocache is the only one at this part of the Baja California.
The details to the geocache you will find at www.geocaching.com and there with the code GC6GP8N. Position of the geocache 25 47.900 N 111 59.260 W

[Edited on 11-2-2017 by bajagerman]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 09:41 AM

Email with photos sent!

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2017 at 09:31 AM

Things have come full circle. "bornfisher" is the first finder of the "Memorian Sonntlan" geocache. For further details look to:
www.dj7wl.darc.de
There click to: "Ein Forschungsprojekt der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und eine Wette" all is in english language.

[Edited on 11-13-2017 by bajagerman]
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2017 at 11:25 AM

Geocache2.jpg - 52kB
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 03:36 AM

With this geocache it is quiet a long story. “Sonntlan” has been a common project between Mexico and Germany.
The German Goverment spends 90 millions Deutsche Mark for it. You may read the full story at my Sonntlan Homepage. www.dj7wl.darc.de and there please click to: „Ein Forschungsprojekt der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und eine Wette“ all in english language.

But the geocache is a different story. We had a family meeting with our childrens and grandchildrens in the year Jun 2014.
My oldest granddaughter should give a lecture about solar energy at her school, so she ask my some questions.
Finally she ask me the question, how is the situation at the Sonntlan plant now, everythink is working fine?
I answher, i have no idea at all. But after that meeting i startet to find it out. Finally i found the baja nomad forum.
There has been already this threat: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=68323 with a discussion about the Sonntlan project.
At 08-17-2014 i opened my own threat at baja nomad forum: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=74962
You may read the full story about the geocache here. Some more details you will find at my Sonntlan Homepage: www.dj7wl.darc.de

In german language it means „The circle has closed“ in englisch language is maby better to say “Things have come full circle” so “bornfisher” has been the first finder of the geocache Memorian Sonntlan.

But now we all waiting for the next finder of this geocache. Also she or he will receive from me the original Video about the constructions time of the project Sonntlan at the places Ciudad de Constitucion, the relais station at top of the hill and the system itself at Las Barrancas.

From this next finder I like very much to receive photos about the way to the geocache as well as photos about the surrounding of the geocache position. If she or he likes it I will place this photo either here at this forum or at my homepage www.dj7wl.darc.de

[Edited on 12-20-2017 by bajagerman]
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2017 at 09:57 AM

If you find the geocache maby the content will look similar due to this box.

But now we all waiting for the next finder of this geocache. Also she or he will receive from me the original Video about the constructions time of the project Sonntlan at the places Ciudad de Constitucion, the relais station at top of the hill and the system itself at Las Barrancas.

From this next finder I like very much to receive photos about the way to the geocache as well as photos about the surrounding of the geocache position. If she or he likes it I will place this photo either here at this forum or at my homepage www.dj7wl.darc.de

geobox.JPG - 93kB

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2018 at 12:46 AM

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2018 at 04:27 AM

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2018 at 05:55 AM

Sounds like Tom and/or Bornfisher have a new challenge!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2018 at 05:07 AM

Happy XMas for all off you. In north of germany no snow at all.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2018 at 08:53 AM

So, when you find one of these geocache boxes, do you add an item of your own to it? I see an odd assortment of items inside, what did you put in there at first, and why? Golf ball, towel, etc? Any kind of register to sign like at summits?

John
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2018 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
So, when you find one of these geocache boxes, do you add an item of your own to it? I see an odd assortment of items inside, what did you put in there at first, and why? Golf ball, towel, etc? Any kind of register to sign like at summits?

John

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

Making America Great Again
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2018 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

In the old days of Geocaching (2001+) you would (if you wanted to) take a trinket from a geocache and leave a different one, sign the log book, and leave a message, then get online and register your find and add a note there.

It was a fun hide-and-seek game using GPS devices. My kids and I did it when they were interested and it was fun to do while four-wheeling and hiking with my kids. We found many and we also hid a few... 4 in Baja and one is still active in Baja (amazingly). The newspaper did an article on geocaching with me, even.

The kids grew up and I grew old... but for many old folks and young, it is still a fun game and they are accumulating thousands of 'finds' on their www.geocaching.com account!

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2018 at 09:23 AM

Seems like fun little activity that gets people outdoors. Nothing wrong with that.

John
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2018 at 12:23 PM

I have the Indian Pass Geocache, the oldest geocache in Imperial County, CA.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2019 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
What do you mean, you have it?

We planted the cache in the desert.

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.