Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Hey Doug...
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 02:52 PM
Hey Doug...

Doug:

David now has entered other threads with his cartoons.

I u2u'ed him asking to stop on my threads, his response "No!"

I am perfectly able to trash my own threads, I do not require the assistance of Looney Tunes jumping in completely off subject. I avoid his posts and do not want them on my threads.

There was a post that rumored two members resigned from the forum due to his childish antics and you said that was not true.

Allow me to be the first.

Bye.

ELINVESTIG8R
To: Cisco
Folder: Inbox
Sent: 8-22-2014 at 09:38 PM
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75027

Get off of my thread David.

Pull your stuff off and stay away from my posts.

I have the courtesy not to interfere with your stuff, allow me the same.

Cisco

No!
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 02:55 PM
Hey Doug... There's more....

Subject: Re: Cisco Aqui...
To: Cisco
Folder: Inbox
Sent: 8-22-2014 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75027

Get off of my thread David.

Pull your stuff off and stay away from my posts.

I have the courtesy not to interfere with your stuff, allow me the same.

Cisco
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 03:07 PM

What do you expect in off-topic.
This thread belongs there as well.

[Edited on 8-22-2014 by rts551]
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 03:16 PM

Really, I concur with Cisco only I urge him not to resign from the website.

A few years ago this same poster was including music with each of his posts. It was particularly annoying because it occurred on every page and every thread he posted. We had to remember to turn off our computer's speakers each and every time we visited Baja Nomad so as not to risk being assaulted by the noise, let alone the graphics that accompanied them.

Someone had the brilliant idea to not only complain but create a poll which -- not being moved to off-topic that time -- concluded the obvious: most Nomad readers did not appreciate the "music".

Only then did Doug insist he stop.

We posters exercise a broad range of personal expression here on Nomad which, I'm sure, most of us appreciate as this lattitude accommodates a variety of individuals' comfort levels. Most of us are willing to go with the flow.

There are, however, a few people who will push individual expression to extreme and inappropriate levels. It seems it has to get ugly before it's every reined in.

Yes people do resign. Some never come back which others I suspect "reincarnate" and post under a new name.

Peace, Love and Fish Tacos ya'all.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Really, I concur with Cisco only I urge him not to resign from the website.

A few years ago this same poster was including music with each of his posts. It was particularly annoying because it occurred on every page and every thread he posted. We had to remember to turn off our computer's speakers each and every time we visited Baja Nomad so as not to risk being assaulted by the noise, let alone the graphics that accompanied them.

Someone had the brilliant idea to not only complain but create a poll which -- not being moved to off-topic that time -- concluded the obvious: most Nomad readers did not appreciate the "music".

Only then did Doug insist he stop.

We posters exercise a broad range of personal expression here on Nomad which, I'm sure, most of us appreciate as this lattitude accommodates a variety of individuals' comfort levels. Most of us are willing to go with the flow.

There are, however, a few people who will push individual expression to extreme and inappropriate levels. It seems it has to get ugly before it's every reined in.

Yes people do resign. Some never come back which others I suspect "reincarnate" and post under a new name.

Peace, Love and Fish Tacos ya'all.

do we start voting people off? Even for what they post in Off-topic? (the subject that started this post). Maybe the COOP could have secret meetings and censor people that way.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 03:50 PM

A few days ago I posted a query on the Jailed Marine thread and directed the question to the forum's moderator(s). The question was to ask for clarification as to what the guidelines were for determining whether or not a thread or posting was inappropriate, as I was admonished by an administrator for suggesting the rules were arbitrary.

That posted question somehow "evaporated" from the thread. before too long (within hours). Perhaps there was a technical problem with the posting process.

Or perhaps it was removed intentionally by someone other than me.

I am confused as to who all are moderators....and still wonder what guidelines are being used as moderating criteria.

I hope this post makes this thread....and elicits some meaningful replies. :?:

Don't believe everything you think....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
A few days ago I posted a query on the Jailed Marine thread and directed the question to the forum's moderator(s). The question was to ask for clarification as to what the guidelines were for determining whether or not a thread or posting was inappropriate, as I was admonished by an administrator for suggesting the rules were arbitrary.

That posted question somehow "evaporated" from the thread. before too long (within hours). Perhaps there was a technical problem with the posting process.

Or perhaps it was removed intentionally by someone other than me.

I am confused as to who all are moderators....and still wonder what guidelines are being used as moderating criteria.

I hope this post makes this thread....and elicits some meaningful replies. :?:

Ged, I believe there are different rules for off-topic (that is why it is there) and the OP's complaint is about a posting in off-topic. If you have ever been to the sewer a GIF is mild.

for the main forums...yes, posts have been known to disappear for no apparent reason or notification ..I always thought it was a computer glitch..you now the byte graveyard in the sky.

But the two issues should be kept separate. SI o no.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:05 PM

I do not go to OT .....forgot my password....and don't miss that crap :lol:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:22 PM

Neither do I ...although the OP tried to bait me into going there a couple of days ago. You have a legitimate observation that should not be confused with whining about the other side. If you don't like posting in Off-Topic, don't go there...I don't.

On the other hand, how do we get your question answered.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
I do not go to OT .....forgot my password....and don't miss that crap :lol:

over 18...that's your forgotten password.....over 18.
Now...get on over there and dive right in. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

over 18........Always happy to help. :biggrin:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Neither do I ...although the OP tried to bait me into going there a couple of days ago. You have a legitimate observation that should not be confused with whining about the other side. If you don't like posting in Off-Topic, don't go there...I don't.

Here by the moderator(s) :light:

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 09:01 PM

Quote:

There was a post that rumored two members resigned from the forum due to his childish antics and you said that was not true.

Allow me to be the first.

Bye.

When someone really wants to stop posting on a forum, they just stop posting. Those who announce they are leaving, usually resume posting after a week or so. Don`t let the door hit you on your way out!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-22-2014 at 09:48 PM

THIS is a direct quote from rule #4, BOARD RULES of Baja Nomads:

"You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others,..."

My feeling, as stated by many on the 'chicken coop platoon.. whatever...' is that Elig8tor consistently states he's "attacked for no reason whatsoever", when many, many Nomads have simply asked for toning down the 'tough-guy' rhetoric or just stated an opposing opinion, and are assailed, humiliated, and cartoon-ized in defamatory depictions. The instigations of hostility are his; the rest are knee-jerk reactions from trying FIRST to communicate rationally and in an adult fashion.

Nomad Admin, you are allowing internal destruction of your own site, and you know it. I know you monitor El's 'mentor' site, and the hatred they have for you, and they're laughing their azzez off at you for all of this.

I highly recommend you put a simple and effective STOP to ALL OF THIS.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 07:23 AM

You guys should quit acting like aggrieved victims here. You all are as much of the problem as David has been in this ordeal. If you had backed away from the constant duel, this thread would have withered away sixty pages ago.
Blame no one but yourselves for this mayhem. :mad:

bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You guys should quit acting like aggrieved victims here. You all are as much of the problem as David has been in this ordeal. If you had backed away from the constant duel, this thread would have withered away sixty pages ago.

Finally, a voice of reason:D
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

AMEN Dennis.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 02:06 PM

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 02:17 PM

You are way out of line and the moderator is also. You have become our resident troll. I normally would just ignore you're postings but it seems you have or are making it you hobby to invade at will. :no:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2014 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
You are way out of line and the moderator is also. You have become our resident troll. I normally would just ignore you're postings but it seems you have or are making it you hobby to invade at will. :no:

You are either blind or on the side of the Chicken Coop Group Platoon. Get your facts straight Russ. Had what is going on been done in person there would be no gifs or words. These scumbags attacked me first. I do not turn the other cheek for nobody!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.