Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Pemex open at night near San felipe
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 08:28 PM
Pemex open at night near San felipe

Headed down to Gonzaga .from Tucson....crossing at San Luis before midnight or so..and headed south...any Pemex open overnight in San felipe?...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 09:30 PM

Most are and you will pass about 6 along the way through town starting with the El Dorado one by the Rockadile sign. The last is 0.7 mi. after turning right at the traffic circle. Not all are 24 hr. so use the first one you find open and let us know.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 08:24 AM

Rule #1 - Don't drive on Hwy5 after dark. No bandito worries, just alot of vehicles with no headlights, some with no tailights and some with no lights at all driving quite slow using the moonlight.

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
Bajaojosazul

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
Rule #1 - Don't drive on Hwy5 after dark. No bandito worries, just alot of vehicles with no headlights, some with no tailights and some with no lights at all driving quite slow using the moonlight.

Never a dull moment when driving in Mexico at night. :o. We were in San Felipe last week but confined the night driving to our hotel from the malecon. I had thought the 5 was pretty straightforward but will limit it to the daytime. Thx.

Sorry, no idea on 24 hr stations but like David said, there are lots of them. There is a Pemex in Puertocitos that was not open yet and appeared brand new--no pump handles. I am sure you probably know about all the vados from San Felipe to Puertocitos. We only ventured about 20 miles past Puertocitos but the road was outstanding and the vista even more so.

Also, just in case-- we had to have a flat repaired @ Llantera El Morrito. Main Street by El General. 70 pesos

[Edited on 8-26-2014 by Bajaojosazul]

[Edited on 8-26-2014 by Bajaojosazul]
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 10:26 AM

We usually leave Tucson after work, spend th enight in Yuma and leave early the next morning. Last spring we (guy trip) left Tucson and drove straight thru...only to get delayed at San Felipe for fuel (Rockadile Pemex was closed...like closed for good, not overnight) and traffic circle Pemex wasn't open yet...also very backed up on a holiday (Semanta Santa)
The truck with camper and boat in tow might make it from San Luis to GB on one tank, but it would be close.. the actual drive on the 5 wasn't bad...
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 11:04 AM

number of yrs ago I used to get my diesel at the harbor fuel depot,, don't know the hours though, but I would think early for
the shrimpers,
maybe some one here knows
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 07:15 AM

The way it was last May
The Eldorado station is open 24/7
The station south of the glorieta in SF is closed
The Puertecitos station has never been open. Never will be.
The station at Gonzaga is frequently open during the day. If the door is open even if nobody is viewed just wait (honk) and some one will show up and crank up the generator for your fuel. They sell 86 octane with 91 octane price. If the station is closed go the the rancho store/restaurant and ask for help. They have a pump in back.
At LAB there are two stations, don't know their hours.
Next station heading south is at Villa Jesus Maria - don't know their hours.
PW
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
The way it was last May
The Eldorado station is open 24/7
The station south of the glorieta in SF is closed
The station at Gonzaga is frequently open during the day. If the door is open even if nobody is viewed just wait (honk) and some one will show up and crank up the generator for your fuel. They sell 86 octane with 91 octane price. If the station is closed go the the rancho store/restaurant and ask for help. They have a pump in back.
At LAB there are two stations, don't know their hours.
Next station heading south is at Villa Jesus Maria - don't know their hours.
PW

thats pure BS. we've been buying gas there for a couple years now.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 10:01 AM

We got gas at the Puertecitos station in July.
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 01:18 PM

The Puertecitos Pemex is usually open, except when they run out on busy weekends, and then siesta from 1pm-3pm...
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 03:04 PM

Is there a different "Eldorado station" other the one near the "Rockodile" sign. Over this past Easter weekend, that station was boarded up and closed???
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 10:41 PM

There was a second station going up south of El Dorado on the west side, and before the big curve into town...

The El Dorado Pemex closing is quite strange as they were always busy...??? Of course that would only be the couple times a year I would be there!

With all the El Dorado and San Felipe Nomads here, why was this not reported when it happened...?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 05:32 AM

I'm talking the large modern pemex ..past the Rockodile sign on the west side of the road...large convenience store as part of it
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
I'm talking the large modern pemex ..past the Rockodile sign on the west side of the road...large convenience store as part of it

Yes, that was the only one open north of town when I last was there... May 2013. The other one was not yet open... a few miles south.

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 09:31 AM

Folks living in and around the Pemex by the Rockadile sign have said to be very careful when dealing there. Several complaints of the attendants failing to "zero" the pumps before beginning to fuel. Debit cards have been scammed with larger amounts added to the actual total purchase.
I deal there when in Baja. I always check to make sure the pump is "zeroed", and I never, ever use a credit card or debit card there. I always deal in exact amounts, paid in Pesos only. ie $500 pesos, please.

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
Folks living in and around the Pemex by the Rockadile sign have said to be very careful when dealing there. Several complaints of the attendants failing to "zero" the pumps before beginning to fuel. Debit cards have been scammed with larger amounts added to the actual total purchase.
I deal there when in Baja. I always check to make sure the pump is "zeroed", and I never, ever use a credit card or debit card there. I always deal in exact amounts, paid in Pesos only. ie $500 pesos, please.

Since it has been closed and boarded up, this seems to have been dealt with, yes?

I have bought gas there many times, and never had a bad experience. Attendants always have calculator in hand to convert if using dollars. Sad that good things don't stay good!

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 12:57 PM

The Pemex station north of town at entrance to Eldorado ranch development is not boarded up or closed at all. It is open everyday, tho I am not sure what their hours are? To my knowledge ( I live less than a mile from it) it has not been closed nor planning to be closed. Yes, some have had problems with credit & bank cards there. We still buy gas there almost every week if not there in town at the OLD Pemex on Chetumal St. The Rodriguez Pemex on Airport road has been closed quite a long time now but just heard a few days ago that it is opening again. There is a newer Pemex as you head into town from the north that is also open.Between Eldorado Pemex & town. There is a Tecate store right near it on your right side going in. To my knowledge it has not been closed either.
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 02:25 PM

I know I can make it from the border at San Luis to San Felipe...not sure I can make it to GB . My jerry cans have to be empty for the border crossing.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2014 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
I know I can make it from the border at San Luis to San Felipe...not sure I can make it to GB . My jerry cans have to be empty for the border crossing.

Getting gas in Gonzaga is more of a maybe than worrying about San Felipe Pemex stations being open.

So, where did you hear the El Dorado Pemex was boarded up and closed??? Sounds like that was an urban myth?

dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 05:41 AM

David K...in person....trying to get gas during our spring "guy trip" over Semanta Santa 2014...seemed odd for it to be closed on such a busy weekend

The GB Pemex has actually been very reliable in being open and having fuel and supplies
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.