BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: What?? Montezuma's Revenge AGAIN???
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 01:13 AM
Once again Doctor Baja Buddha is sending out erroneous and potentially dangerous information.

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Kurt,

"Treda is Kaopectate and Neomycin. Kaopectate is ..... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBBLAHBLAHBLAH.............
.............. Once again Doctor Baja Buddha is sending out erroneous and potentially dangerous information. Bismuth Subsalicylate the active .......... BLAH BLAH BLAH......."[Edited on 9-3-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

Alright, Ms. Mengele, at what point did I even enter this particular topic??? I haven't said one damned word about kaopectate, neomycin, or your verbal diarrhea since I asked you to verify where I 'almost killed' someone, which you ungracefully bowed out of, as usual. As John Gielgud said to Robin Williams, "Ms. *******, the theatre needs you!"

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by BajaNomad]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
My information came from a part of Dr. Oz's summary, Diarrhea and you. HMMM....I didn't know he used Wikipedia. But I guess it has some reliable information if Dr. Oz used it!!

Dr. Oz, same guy thats famous for his diet scams?:?: oh yeah, that'll work!:lol:

NOW we know where she got her ******* training; the Land of OZ !! I wonder what she asked the Wizard for, and if a ***** came with it.....
:lol:

So doc, in re: your Treda/Kaopectate malarkey paragraphs, please inform your readers exactly WHAT "erroneous and potentially dangerous information" you were reffering to; i'd hate to have someone's bad health on my conscience, especially since I hadn't mentioned a whit about any of it. In other words, QUOTE UP OR SHUT UP. However, I sincerely doubt either will occur.

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by BajaNomad]

86 - 45*

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 07:36 AM

....sorry Bubba...it seems the 'doctor' is otherwise occupied.

...I'm sure she'd wish you a fine 'god bless' if she wasn't so busy though:saint::):P
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 07:38 AM

Dr. Buddha said:

"The use of Pepto, Imodium, etc. turns your lower gut into a nice, warm incubator for the bugs. FLUSH 'EM. If it's bad, or blood, get IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. GO TO THE PROFESSIONALS."

Let's stick to the facts instead of calling each other names, being abusive and defamatory. The active ingredient in Pepto-Bismol, or bismuth subsalicylate,

According to my sources: Pharmacology
Mechanism of Action
Antimicrobial anti-inflammatory action (bismuth); antisecretory effect (salicylate)

http://reference.medscape.com/drug/kaopectate-pepto-bismol-b...

Bismuth subsalicylate is anti-microbial. Therefore if it prevents the growth of bacteria, how could it incubate "bugs"? I assume resident armchair Nomad Doc Buddha means bacteria, not insects.

Then Doc Buddha states if it's "bad"? I beg the good Doctor to inform us of the difference between bad and good diarrhea.

I request that the good Doc Buddha quote his sources. Have a wonderful day.

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 08:17 AM

"Let's stick to the facts instead of calling each other names, being abusive and defamatory."
Is that one-sided or two?
You have a wonderful day too.

86 - 45*

elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 08:29 AM

It is with some trepidation that I jump in here with any informatiion! Caveat...I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.

We all think of pepto bismol as innocuous, but if you take anticoagulants or have otherwise been told that you should avoid aspirin...do not use pepto bismol without first talking to your doctor/nurse practitioner.

A relative of mine, taking Coumadin, used pepto bismol for the usual reason, and ended up in the hospital with internal bleeding. His doctor gave the above adivice.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
It is with some trepidation that I jump in here with any informatiion! Caveat...I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.

We all think of pepto bismol as innocuous, but if you take anticoagulants or have otherwise been told that you should avoid aspirin...do not use pepto bismol without first talking to your doctor/nurse practitioner.

A relative of mine, taking Coumadin, used pepto bismol for the usual reason, and ended up in the hospital with internal bleeding. His doctor gave the above adivice.

...important information elizabeth,,
...and a point I've been -trying- to make all along!
......I -definitely- don't think of Pepto,,or many remedies offered by the medical profession as 'innocuous'...indeed when one looks at the trust society has given 'doctors' and big pharma,,,it's indeed laughable that someone would look to the label as some form of credibility :lol::rolleyes:

...although I'm also not a 'doctor',,nor practice one on tv or on baja websites,,,,I personally have a LOT more trust in what the med profession typically writes-off as 'home-spun' and 'craft' forms. In this situation,as an example,I've learnt the importance that the regular and abundant use of lime has done to help many people in a -pro-active- and -healthy- manner as apposed to dealing with the symptoms of broken-down health.
...there are times of course where a simple pro-active remedy may not be enough,,when symptoms develop,,and a more knowledgeable expert of some form need be sought out,,,but still,,in the example given,there's a few better suggestions than 'pepto' .:wow::yawn:
...I and many persons have found activated charcoal tablets to be the one useful backup that I carry in the 'glovebox'...activated charcoal absorbs toxins while letting things 'flow' if needed,,and is 'innocuous' enough that it doesn't interfere with other medications--it simply absorbs toxins! .

...the 'legal' bit.........I am not a doctor...but stress the importance of finding proper advice you trust...-where-ever- you find it!! There are many respectable doctors who utilize age-old knowledge alongside modern training ....I suggest you be especially wary of those that tout themselves as experts,,hide behind diplomas ,,yet are nothing more than who'ares for big pharma ....and yes,if you decide to use the big-pharma option be sure to read the list of side-effects!! :O:O

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by micah202]
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Kurt,

Treda is Kaopectate and Neomycin. Kaopectate is an orally taken medication from Chattem, Inc. for the treatment of mild diarrhea. It is also sometimes used to treat indigestion, nausea and stomach ulcers. The active ingredients have varied over time, and are different between the United States and Canada. The original active ingredients were kaolinite and pectin. In the U.S., the active ingredient is now bismuth subsalicylate, the same as in Pepto-Bismol.

The active ingredient in kaopectate has changed since its original creation. Originally, kaolinite was used as the adsorbent and pectin as the emollient. Attapulgite (a type of absorbent clay) replaced the kaolinite in the 1980s, but was found to be unproven as to effectiveness by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in a ruling made in April of 2003. As a consequence, since 2004, bismuth subsalicylate has been used as the active ingredient in U.S. marketed products.[1] In Canada, McNeil Consumer Healthcare continues to market kaopectate using attapulgite as the active ingredient. Kaomycin is essentially Kaopectate with neomycin added (same as Treda). Neomycin should not be used for non-infectious diarrhea but has been shown to be helpful in some cases of infectious diarrhea. Once again Doctor Baja Buddha is sending out erroneous and potentially dangerous information. Bismuth Subsalicylate the active ingredient in Pepto-Bismol does have mild antibacterial properties and can kill or inhibit some harmful bacteria in the intestinal tract.
Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
There has been no mention of either Treda or Kaomycin unless I missed it in all these pages. I rarely have any problem but I carry Treda in my motorcycle saddle bag just in case. Two tabs at first indication of a problem and then two spaced 6 hours apart has done it for me. If that didn't work I would be looking for a doctor. About 50 years ago in SE Asia I experienced amoebic dysentery and it took nearly five years to clear up completely so I am very aware of the difference. I wouldn't take either of these drugs for more than a day.

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

I have always been aware of the ingredients in Treda and Kaomysin since the packages are clearly labeled. I will continue to carry Treda since nothing else has been as effective and if the 2-4 tablets I take have any bad effect I have never noticed them. BTW, 40 years ago in La Paz when I had food poisoning a drugstore gave me Bentomysin which I haven't seen since the 70's. It had the same ingredients as Kaomysin with the addition of tincture of opium which pretty much stops the peristaltic action of the gut. Not good for obvious reason but it did its job at the time and got me back on the road.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 09:00 AM

You know Elizabeth, all medications have side effects. The best answer I can give you is to read the warnings on the label. It does state on the warning label to not use the drug if you are on anticoagulants.

http://pepto-bismol.ca/en_CA/pepto-instacool.php

What a cool website!!! it's pink like the product! and now for pepto bismol flavor haters, they have a new pepto bismol chewable peppermint flavor.

It also gives a history on the medication and evidently they used to sell the product at drugstore soda fountains.

http://pepto-bismol.ca/en_CA/about-pepto-bismol.php
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 09:18 AM

Quote:

It also gives a history on the medication and evidently they used to sell the product at drugstore soda fountains.

.........until they realized how completely -stupid- that was :no::wow::wow::wow:
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.