Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: all panga owners
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
After reading this several time I think what captkilowatt is most upset about are the owners/operators of pangas not following the rules of the road on the water. What happened capt did someone not give you the right of way?

Actually, what happened was the cappy was out patrolling the bay in a no wake zone, when a group of Mexican Pangueros flew by him at 20knts. Unfortunately this caused him to spill his Coors light. { aka Colorado Kool Aid}:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:
Originally posted by EdwardTeach
Meh. If it can't pull doors, I ain't interested.

[Edited on 27-9-2014 by EdwardTeach]

Here's a good start at drunk posting:lol:

PUI.....posting under the influence.....don't let them catch up with you.....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:12 PM

interesting. from wikipedia

The Panga is a type of modest-sized, open, outboard-powered, fishing boat common throughout much of the developing world, including Central America, the Caribbean, parts of Africa, the Middle East, and much of Asia. The original panga design was developed by Yamaha as part of a World Bank project circa 1970.[1][2][3] Pangas are commonly operated directly off of beaches.[4] The name comes from the panga fish which is commonly netted, note the upswept bow of the boat which resembles the machete or knife called a panga. In addition to being used by fishermen, pangas are also popular with Somali pirates
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:24 PM

Velly interesting...And that proves or disproves Captkws rantings that they and their skippers are a piece of caca?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:28 PM

don't quite understand if the name came from the fish or the machete?
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2014 at 12:15 PM

Gotta give Capt his due. Wiki is not always correct. History of the panga is mixed, here is a link to more that does give Mac Shroyer, Marina de la Paz, credit for the panga we see in La Paz and the SOC.

http://www.boatingmag.com/boats/history-panga
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 04:00 PM

The title is Master Mariner. 365 days at sea and a written test. To be a "Captain" in the US.
However no license is required to drive a boat. The license is to get paid for driving a boat.
In mexico it is more of a job title than a rank. Not sure if there is a license to be a panga driver.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
The title is Master Mariner. 365 days at sea and a written test. To be a "Captain" in the US.
However no license is required to drive a boat. The license is to get paid for driving a boat.
In mexico it is more of a job title than a rank. Not sure if there is a license to be a panga driver.

Is the Master mariner something new? 30 years ago when I did it you had to log 720 days at sea and pass a written test and then you got a Masters license of up to 100 ton.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:00 PM

I guess I got it mixed up with 6 Pack license.

What are the USCG 6-Pak requirements?

The primary requirements are:
Age 18 or over
360 days underway experience
90 of those days in the last 3 years
Physical, drug test and eye exam
Valid CPR/First Aid card to Valid CPR/First Aid card (American Red Cross, Heart Assoc. or USCG Approved course)
Completion of the USCG exam OR
Completion of a USCG approved course like the BOATWISE OUPV class
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC Card )

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:32 PM
Wow

Been gone for a while..and log on to sea this still up !! BTW Mac & mary Shroyer are TOP SHELF FOLKS and also his son.......
fishhead
Nomad

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 05:06 PM
boats afloat!

My Boston Whaler takes offense at your comments......:bounce:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 10:13 PM
Mr Fish head

Hola, nothing bad about a boston... just not top shelf !! Over priced,poor ride,wet ride,heavy, Not stable at rest or ride, hard to add or replace (correcty) cables,wires,anything ..but is a solid unit !! but that is only good in/at the slip.. BTW I maintain a 28ft boston 'Conquest" patrol vessel.. and she is well thought out and made, but for performance she is not stunning by any means
. In real world,, there are a few MUCH,MUCH better vessels to consider and I have had a easy 100 guys at the end of the day say " Wow I'm saleing my whaler and buying one of these".... So, Please enjoy your (any brand) and Be Safe and have fun..the old "cathedral" hull design was bostons best !!

[Edited on 7-25-2016 by captkw]
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 7-25-2016 at 08:23 AM

..."also popular with Somali pirates" ??? I thought that every pirate ship was operated by Capt. Hook

Bob Durrell
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2016 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
I guess I got it mixed up with 6 Pack license.

What are the USCG 6-Pak requirements?

The primary requirements are:
Age 18 or over
360 days underway experience
90 of those days in the last 3 years
Physical, drug test and eye exam
Valid CPR/First Aid card to Valid CPR/First Aid card (American Red Cross, Heart Assoc. or USCG Approved course)
Completion of the USCG exam OR
Completion of a USCG approved course like the BOATWISE OUPV class
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC Card )

No doubt alot has changed since I retired, but back then there was no "6 pack license" the test and sea time requirements were all the same, the difference between a "6 pack" charter is that a licensed captain could take out 6 or less passengers on an "uninspected" boat. If you had 7 or more passengers then your boat had to have a "COI" or "certificate of inspection" which is done annually by the coast guard to make sure the vessel met all the equipment and saftey requirements, sets the passenger load maximums, coastal limits and also that the crew met the drug program and training requirements.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.