Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 06:28 AM
One man's SPAM is another's sandwich

Spamming????

At least he is posting in the right forum category

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Doug,

Does this website have a Means (get it?) to block users much like we block spams on our emails? This user has been spamming this website for months now.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 06:28 AM

Skipjack Joe, I'm really surprised with your irritation at internet4baja. He hasn't gone to other postings to tell about his service. This is a new thing for those without reasonable service and he does what he says he's going to do. You've got almost 7,000 postings in 10 years so you've seen the really offensive posts that popup here. Today's post is only to help those that have signed up with him.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 07:01 AM

I wouldn't have know about this if he hadn't posted here...

I didn't even believe it work in the beginning...
I was brainwashed and beat down by hughesnet

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 08:12 AM

I even clicked to open this thread HOPING my name would be on the list! that is because I have friends who are in internet heaven these days with this new service.

It has become an interesting lesson in mistaken identity in the sandbox...from the git-go. It is refreshing to hear some of the nay-sayers and little faith folks singing praises to Internet4baja...and kudos to the brave souls who were the first guinea pigs to take the risk and try out a new product!

I salute you Internet4baja for the valuable service you are providing...lets hope it is everything people hoped for!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Fastbird
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 08:24 AM
Gig Plans

Bob, I just talked to Lexi at Via Sat, she said I can go to 15 gig ( about $30 more per month) or 25 gig anytime. She said it depends on your area ( I suppose that refers to transponder capacity etc.) and I am on their Classic plan.
Hope this info helps folks.
internet4baja
Nomad

Mood: serving alphabet soup

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 01:07 PM
gracias shari

were just happy everybody is coming out of the caves and smoke signals
and now have relaible service and 18 mbps of high speed the only issue is that
the hughes dish is to big to fit in the trash can

y gracias a bob and susan that were in this case the guinea pigs
and linda in san antonio del mar altho we didnt install her she had faith in us
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 11:59 PM

Ignore the trolls. Looks like you are providing a valuable service and people want to see your posts. Those that don't...well, I guess they can just not click on them. Easy enough.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 07:01 AM

That is almost sacrilege to call internet4Baja anything but our hero and knight in shining armor. For the first time since coming down here clear back in the 70's I can get communication and find out what is going on in the world up north. I suffered through talking to family over Hughes Net with a Skype connection that broke up and lagged. We learned to say over when we reached the end of a statement. So these guys come on and offer a service and with the response I see in our area of Santa Rosalia, Mulege, and Punta Chivato, they will be sold out in no time. I too was a little reluctant at first but when I saw that Bob Frambes, who I respect, signed up, I jumped right in knowing he had probably checked things out more thoroughly than I did.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 10:57 AM

I'm planning on using them as soon as I move down south!

Therefore I am thankful for their announcement of their service.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 07:39 PM
car problems

we ran in to a big obstacle issac's car motor brock down

does any body in mulegue or punta chivato or close to the area have a car or truck for sale our budget is 1,000 dls or 1,500 dls looking for a economical car or pick up old model is fine so issac can move around and install and most important finish all the job pending

dont want to alarm anybody but we only have 89 units left

gracias nomads for all your support
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 08:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by internet4baja  
we ran in to a big obstacle issac's car motor brock down

does any body in mulegue or punta chivato or close to the area have a car or truck for sale our budget is 1,000 dls or 1,500 dls looking for a economical car or pick up old model is fine so issac can move around and install and most important finish all the job pending

dont want to alarm anybody but we only have 89 units left

gracias nomads for all your support

Well , that just plain sucks,

Issac installed our system a little over a week ago and I can't say enough about his ability , knowledge and enthusiasm. Let alone how great the new service works!

He passed us on the road into PC in his sedan and I was was concerned then how long the car would last while being used to service rugged , remote areas that he is taking care of.

Issac speaks good english , and I learned that he worked as an installer of cable/ Sat in the LA area. Installations were done quite often on his shoulders and as people didn't pay their bills , his pay was docked accordingly . By the big corps that could really afford it . Issac has a good sense of self and is doing what he needs to to make a living. In Baja

He is a hard worker and deserves better , he is performing quite a service and goes above and beyond the basic install of a dish and modem.

So what can we subscribers do??

If there are 300 initial systems, a $10 propina would be $3000 but how about $ 20 or more and get him something decent and reliable ?

If some one will set up a Pay Pal , We could do this

BTW , Hughes net was all but un- usable for the last few weeks .Worse than dial - up.

The new system kicks a**!

Get one soon!

Thanks Issac
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 09:57 PM
Issac is humble

i know issac along time and more then a co worker his my friend and i know his making a effort also know that more then a service this is a way alot of people communicate and get stuff done (threw internet ) i know this service is going to change lifes and beter yet get rid of all internet problem and unrelaible service i have 1,500 dls and i can make a effort maybe 2,ooo dls out of my pocket to get issac a car or truck is there anybody willing to sell one in mulegue or punta chivato or close to the area

so issac can continue to make a living and on his way make your life easier
i have read alot of post were our clients are able to speak or do video chat with there loved one up north with out a problem

i also read that everybody is happy getting 18 megas when before issac were struguling to get 0.5 mbps heck struguling beacuse there was no internet
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 06:38 AM

I'll chip in.
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 06:22 PM
for sell

okso does any body have a car or truck in the area for sell?
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2015 at 10:31 PM
update (san juanico & loreto & mulegue)

Hi everybody

the spots for our service is filling up and soon we wont offer any more activations

18 mbps is what we are offering to anybody in baja

we are currently covering mulegue ,bahia de los angeles ,san juanico,loreto,punta chivato and want to extend our service to more people
before our spots get filled up

we have miguel in san juanico
we have issac in mulegue
we have joe in loreto
and we have sergio right now headed to bahia

let us know if you want to get set up with the fastest internet and most important most relaible internet in all baja

( dont get fool not everybody can make exede work)

call or email ---67 slots left
6461360495 hamit_parral@hotmail.com
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2015 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Whatever happened to the fiber optic cable that runs along the road? 5 or 6 years ago that was all anyone talked about.

I asked the guys at Telnor about the fiber optic cable and they say there are no tie ins to the cable and that it runs to La Paz and Cabo. It supposedly was never designed to be tapped into. The Internet service that you get from Telnor which is called Infinitum is actually beamed from microwave tower to microwave tower. One of the officials who was in Santa Rosalia indicated that they could actually improve capacity by doing some upgrades on the towers, but I do not expect to see that happen anytime real soon.

LOSARIPES
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 08:24 AM

Does you system work down in the La Paz area?...I don't know if I asked you this Q before..... can't remember if it was you.
Telmex svc is bad. Very bad where I live.

Aripes
God bless America
and Baja tambien
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2015 at 05:57 PM
in la paz

im not so sure we whent over to la aguja on the pacific side of la paz and didnt have much luck we got signal but not enuff to make the exede work but the signal is coming from the golfo side so there is no telling

if you wanna pay for the travel expenses we can go over and check
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2015 at 06:02 PM

Boy, I hope you can get my other dish to work in Lopez Mateos! I spend 6 months in San Nicolas and 6 months in Lopez and go back and forth frequently and just take my modem with me.

It will really be a bummer if it won't come in = in Lopez good.

What kind of luck are you having in San Juanico - north of Lopez on the Pacific side?

bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2015 at 07:27 PM

Right - only got a very poor signal here at La Aguja.

If you do decide to try an installation in La Paz, it will be really interesting to see if the mere 26 kms between here and there across the peninsula makes a difference.
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.