[*] posted on 1-19-2015 at 09:43 PM

so does linda have working Exede satellite internet in SADM or not :?:

[Edited on 1-20-2015 by willardguy]
internet4baja
Nomad

Mood: serving alphabet soup

[*] posted on 1-19-2015 at 09:53 PM
we got signal and ready for her

well i whent to her house and got the exede working im waiting for her to log in or email me back so we can finish this set up i installed it with salvador and it work but is not complete beacuse im waiting for her to tell me if shes going to want it or not

we basically whent over to test and it worked
hopefully i get a responed from linda soon
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 1-19-2015 at 10:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
so does linda have working Exede satellite internet in SADM or not :?:

[Edited on 1-20-2015 by willardguy]

I think it must down
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2015 at 11:22 PM

keep at it newbie. Everyone has to start somewhere. You have riled up your competition is all. And competition is good!
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 07:48 AM

I wonder what is going to happen when DirecTV starts putting GPS devices into their systems. I know there has been talk for quite a while of them including the technology to this.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 08:28 AM

As you gain notoriety and Exede becomes a proven alternative in the south I'm sure you'll have a lot of new customers that now rely on Hughes. Technology is changing really fast so I expect service areas to improve and be more reliable in the near future. We'll see....

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 09:51 AM

When (if ever) do you think you will have service as far as Loreto??? There are lots of people here who are dissatisfied with the TelMex DSL.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 10:21 AM

thanks norte is good to get positive post i was getting cyber bulling lol
well keep at it

and about the gps i think they wont do it there so much directv accounts paying money down in mexico there interest at the end of the day is getting monthly payments
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 10:31 AM
loreto

im not sure maybe in 6 more months but what i can tell you is were working hard at it for now we can get exede set up s further south then before were going to be traveling further south and offering our service to people the more south we get the more trail and error test were going to run so far were in san antonio del mar next were going to san quintin and well keep posting to our success or if we failed we dont want to misslead nobody we just want business
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
keep at it newbie. Everyone has to start somewhere. You have riled up your competition is all. And competition is good!
I don't mind competition. Without competition there would be no marketplace, and I have more work than I can handle.

What I do mind is someone/anyone, competitor or not, making uninformed claims for performance or coverage.

If anyone in BCS would like to be a guinea pig, please do order Exede from this guy and then let us know how it turns out.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 11:15 AM

Alan, you install both hughesnet and exede. which one is the better deal?
Really depends on where you are. Both HughesNet Gen4 and Exede will work near the border.

The further you travel south, the less likely either will work because there is simply no signal coverage. The only thing we've found that works in BCS is the older HughesNet "Gen2" stuff (HN7000S Ku gear) and commercial V-Sat terminals. Starband Ku also works but they've been cutting back their service, and many users were forced to abandon it.

In the US, HughesNet Gen4 and Exede are on a rough parity and cover the same regions with some exceptions. In our area in Northern California, we have Gen4 available up to 15 Mbps but Exede only up to 5 Mbps. For that reason, we mainly sell and install Gen4 here.

Both services have their detractors but complaints seem to be mainly around performance expectations being set too high and/or poor install work hampering the system.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
Lag time? Say for internet phone or netflix.
Is the dish portable? Size?

My neighbor has excede (San Diego). He is getting 20megs down. I ran some tests to test voip capabilities. The delay is 800ms (less then 1 sec). The delay is hardly noticeable when talking. I actually tested from iPhone - Verizon microcell - excede - landline so I was making it jump thru some hoops. I was reasonable impressed.

My neighbor uses excede with netflix which is killing him. His bill is close to $500 a month. The data caps are just to low for the amount of money. There is talk about their new Freedom Data plan being available (San Diego) in the next couple of months that will have unlimited data.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 11:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mrfatboy  

My neighbor has excede (San Diego). He is getting 20megs down. I ran some tests to test voip capabilities. The delay is 800ms (less then 1 sec). The delay is hardly noticeable when talking. I actually tested from iPhone - Verizon microcell - excede - landline so I was making it jump thru some hoops. I was reasonable impressed.

My neighbor uses excede with netflix which is killing him. His bill is close to $500 a month. The data caps are just to low for the amount of money. There is talk about their new Freedom Data plan being available (San Diego) in the next couple of months that will have unlimited data.

$500 a month :o:O:o

exede offers something they call "late night free zone" unmetered up and downloads from midnight to 5AM. wouldn't ya think there would be some way to record during these hours and watch later??
BUT, make no mistake, I don't know chit about this kind of stuff:rolleyes:
mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mrfatboy  

$500 a month :o:O:o

exede offers something they call "late night free zone" unmetered up and downloads from midnight to 5AM. wouldn't ya think there would be some way to record during these hours and watch later??
BUT, make no mistake, I don't know chit about this kind of stuff:rolleyes:

I doubt there is away (at least reasonable straight forward) with all the DRM issues. I can probably think of some elaborate hacks to do it but really not worth it for the non techy person and it would violate your EULA. :)

Probably just easier to change your TV watching habits to Midnight to 5am .
:)

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 01:05 PM

Check Out Replay Video, http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/, a programmable scheduler to down load movies in the early AM hours. It captures streaming video playing in your browser.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 01:44 PM

i think some of you are confused between sat internet and sat tv

the ONLY sat internet that works in mulege is a 7000s modem

hughes is slow...don't believe fast download comercials...its slow

bcstech assisted us this summer when we fried a modem...his knowledge stopped me from a drive to northern California...I was packed and ready to go

gen4 doesn't work in mulege
neither does exceed

all sat internet services has a "free download period" in the night...but the speed of the download is limited to the speed they allow the data to travel thru the server on the ground
it's slow...did I say that

if you exceed download amount (ex: videos) you get "FAPed" and the internet really slows
that time is advertised as 24hours but is actually 30hours as they count the 6 free hours in the night as FREE

as soon as you can "hook-up" to cable or fios...DO IT!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 02:08 PM

Tip o' The Hat, Bob and Susan :),

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 1-20-2015 at 11:46 PM

is exede legal in mexico?

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 06:47 AM

I suggest anybody looking into this type of internet to go to the one of the forums for these dish type internet services. People there have measured speed tests posted during the 30 day trial period and then after 30 days where your speeds can be cut "up to" 90%. Be scared, very scared.
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabound2005  
is exede legal in mexico?
They won't knowingly set up a residential system in Mexico. Exede and HughesNet both require a US service address.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.