Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  13
Author: Subject: exede internet
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2015 at 05:04 PM

Yep, I'm reading this and am sick because I would sign up if I was home. I'll be interested how this works during some major storms.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
internet4baja
Nomad

Mood: serving alphabet soup

[*] posted on 3-13-2015 at 05:09 PM
forget about been fap'd

with our travel pak if you ever run out of data your speed just goes down to 1mbps or 5 mbps (depending on the qualaty of signal)

say good bye to slow internet

baja
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-13-2015 at 05:14 PM

russ you can sign up from there

internet4baja is in mexico

install later...send his a message

the speed is a huge difference

hughes works in the storms...why wouldn't this?

russ...do it

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 10:45 AM

Bob, what exactly is your up and down speed as measured by one of the speed check sites? Are you really getting 12 - 20 mbs? In my experience you will go through 10 gig/mo. without even downloading movies. I would need at least double that.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 11:03 AM
thank you to the people that are reaching out

Monday were going to start working we have 1 tec s down in mulegue and one more on his way

i want to intruduce our selfs were satelite del norte
my name is osiris hamit arguelles
and my 2 tec are issac which some might all ready have meet and our tec thats on his way is name is miguel

our master website is ://www.exede.com
our own web site is www.satelitedelnorte.com
were also on facebook https://www.facebook.com/exedeinternetdemexico

and were based in ensenada our oficce hours are from 9 am to 5 pm
located doblones 101 col villas 4
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 11:08 AM

One more question - can you please tell us about your bandwidth leasing arrangement you have with the satellite provider? What's the duration of that lease?

I ask because it would suck to drop $650+ on equipment/install, and then find out six months down the road that the service wasn't available any longer.

I had a similar experience a few years back in the US with a WiMax provider who sold expensive WiMax modems and then discontinued a lease which killed the tower which provided my signal.
internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 11:32 AM
our satellite life is 12 years

yes i understand the conserne after all 650 dls who want to loose such amount

were not going to loose service after 6 month or even a year or 5 years
were here to stay when we first publish here we sayed we can get service down south but nobody wanted to take the chance till our brave nomad (bob)
took the chance

and if anybody want we can arranged a monthly payment method so theres no problem with our service

you can pay 300 dls to get set up and 100 dls every month after your done covering 1500 dls or you can pay 650 cash and get set up

the main concer is our capacity we can only set up 300 units
so far we have 50 accounts (from catavina ,san antonio del mar,colonet)

another concer what happens after all 300 account are full do we loose speed or signal or service

the awnser is no you dont loose speed if we cativate 400 we start loosing speed

but sence were giving a garranted speed were not going to do it
and so far we have 7 reserved units in mulegue and one activation with bob and susan a total of 58 units

242 slots left sound like a big number but in less then a month we will be down to 100 slots

exede 12 megas garanteed our you dont pay us nothing
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 04:41 PM

When the installer was here this afternoon, he asked me to check my speed on my current provider which is Infinitum. I had a blazing 1.1 download and an upload of .29. We turned on the Exede and it went to 3.8 and upload of 1.83. I wanted to kiss the guy but he really was not all that handsome. I have varied a little this afternoon and have seen speeds from 4.9 down to 1.9. Upload which is seldom a problem has been pretty consistent. I am measuring everything on www.bandwidthplace.com

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 07:25 PM

MtnPop,
You should be getting high speed with Telmex, ask the install guy to change your hard wire feed line. When i had slow speeds there, only one month, he replaced the feed line and my service went back to 5 plus. On this side of the river, my wifi is open to anyone, so my neighbors can use it for free, my signal with a booster router reaches Sauls and up the hill behind me. I have run netflix, online poker and voice all at one time, while my neighbors cruise facebook, all with no buffering. You should be getting similar service.
Telmex, in Mulege is not oversold, nor slow at prime time, 6pm to 10pm, est. If you are getting slow speeds, call Telmex for a repair call. The service guy is now in Mulege full time.
And when the hurricane hits, they still charge you, even tho internet was down, 20 days on this side and more on the south side. That is my only complaint.
Fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.

internet4baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2015 at 10:31 PM
im glad you liked our work

finally pescador gettig rid off bad internet one client at a time
and i agree with willyAirstream
fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.
but even DSL SOME TIME FAILS there nothing like having security knowing that your getting Direct to home signal (which exede provides) no server no land lines just strait to the satellite
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2015 at 11:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
MtnPop,
You should be getting high speed with Telmex, ask the install guy to change your hard wire feed line. When i had slow speeds there, only one month, he replaced the feed line and my service went back to 5 plus. On this side of the river, my wifi is open to anyone, so my neighbors can use it for free, my signal with a booster router reaches Sauls and up the hill behind me. I have run netflix, online poker and voice all at one time, while my neighbors cruise facebook, all with no buffering. You should be getting similar service.
Telmex, in Mulege is not oversold, nor slow at prime time, 6pm to 10pm, est. If you are getting slow speeds, call Telmex for a repair call. The service guy is now in Mulege full time.
And when the hurricane hits, they still charge you, even tho internet was down, 20 days on this side and more on the south side. That is my only complaint.
Fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.

Richard, who are you using to measure? The standard seems to be OOKLA.com We have been playing with this stuff for quite awhile and I can not find 5MBPS in Santa Rosalia straight from the modem, even before a router. The best I have ever seen in San Lucas is 2.8 to 3. In Santa Rosalia, the speed goes down drastically after 10 in the morning. I have been on the Telmex office and it was hard to get 4. We have a gal who has Telmex on speed dial because she works here on a computer and she is going nuts with how the system gets choked down (at first they seemed to be able to bump her bandwidth up a little but now they told her that is not happening) So, be sure to never change your modem if you are able to hit 5

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2015 at 07:40 PM

Jim, stop by my place and test it for yourself. Speedtest.net is the geeks bench mark site. A ooka site. 5.34 Mpbs up, sucky 1.23 down, just now. I have had this speed on 3 different modems, due to hurricane damage. Key factor is your incoming hardwire, make sure it has no uv damage. They will change it for free.

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 05:56 AM

I've read all of the posts here. I don't get why my internet might be loose. "Don't loose out on high speed internet."

Mine seems very tight to me. (grins)
Cochi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 08:07 AM

Hola Amigos, did anyone at PUNTA CHIVATO get installed with Excede recently? Did you pay for it and did you get a contract? Is it working like all posted say it does? We want it but are hesitant until someone from our beach reports. Thanx in advance.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
5.34 Mpbs up, sucky 1.23 down, just now.

That's weird. Are you sure it's not the other way around?
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 08:18 AM

Yep, dyslexic morning this. :) :)
ThX

daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 08:54 AM

Have noticed a huge, coil of fibre optics cable in our back alley, now that we're backhome in Canada. Will that give me faster service if I say, "yes?"
internet4baja
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 3-16-2015 at 05:39 PM
lol gulliver nice one

i guess i should spellcheck my stuff lol

were a mexican company and im 100% mexican sometimes i might misspell
but you get the idea which is what counts

is it dont lose out on high speed internet

this week we have 7 set up ready to do once we install them we will ask the clients to post if exede works or not so you dont hear it from me

we dont want to sell a product that dosnt work we will just prove our selfs with facts and hard work

please also understand i speak inglish but my writting can be a little off lol
just bare with us and soon everybody having internet issues will be resolved

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 07:40 AM

I'm interested but with all the rush to sell this setup I'm becoming a little hesitant to jump in. If there is going to be some support/service for the inevitable problems that always seem to pop up then I'll pull the trigger. Cochi is keeping me updated on what is going on and I'll continue to follow info here.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 12:28 PM

russ this is a BIG company not a start up
exceed is called wild blue in the usa

the speed today was 20.5 hughes was 0.28
yesterday 19.43 hughes 0.27

we had a glitch using our old router but changed to another
and all is ok

its time to buy while "the gettin's good"

there is a limit...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.