Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Transportation from Cabo to Loreto
gsamowitz

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 10:16 PM
Transportation from Cabo to Loreto

Hi,
We will be travelling from Cabo to Loreto in early November. We think the only way to get there is a one way car rental or bus? Does anyone know the name of the bus company? Is it possible to purchase a bus ticket from USA. I am concerned the buses may be full and we will have problems (we are travelling on a Saturday). We have the name of a bus company, but we cannot buy tickets on line. The company we have is:
http://www.autotransportesaguila.com/.
Is there another one. We'd appreciate any help. thanks!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 10:27 PM

....yer know there's lots of flights into Loreto now?
gsamowitz

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 10:36 PM

We think we prefer the bus (we speak Spanish)....
What airlines from from sjd to lto? Our travel date is 11/8
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

I wish! Seriously, there are not a lot of flights.

We are stuck with Alaska/Horizon to the US. WestJet is only Canada. And currently the best option, out of Mexico, I think, is AereoCalafia to Tijuana. Number of days a week for all airlines varies seasonally.

Within Baja Sur there is only AereoCalafia...they do not fly Cabo to Loreto. They fly Cabo to La Paz but that with check in time would take longer than the bus! There are flights to and from La Paz to Loreto on Thursday and Sunday. Really good airline and fares are generally around the same or less than the bus.

I think your best bet is Aguila or fly from La Paz. There is also EcoBajaTours with 7 passenger vans which are faster and more comfortable than the bus, but they aren't coming to Loreto now. They may resume that service after summer.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

I wish! Seriously, there are not a lot of flights.

We are stuck with Alaska/Horizon to the US. WestJet is only Canada. And currently the best option, out of Mexico, I think, is AereoCalafia to Tijuana. Number of days a week for all airlines varies seasonally.

Within Baja Sur there is only AereoCalafia...they do not fly Cabo to Loreto. They fly Cabo to La Paz but that with check in time would take longer than the bus! There are flights to and from La Paz to Loreto on Thursday and Sunday. Really good airline and fares are generally around the same or less than the bus.

I think your best bet is Aguila or fly from La Paz. There is also EcoBajaTours with 7 passenger vans which are faster and more comfortable than the bus, but they aren't coming to Loreto now. They may resume that service after summer.

...thanks for the details.....I was assuming that gsamowitz's trip was likely originating somewhere other than Cabo,,possibly able to take advantage of the direct flights from TJ .;)

[Edited on 9-10-2014 by micah202]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 01:16 PM

The only bus company is Aguilla. Their website doesn't work lately, but the bus is there, no worries. Not too frequent schedule. There used to be 4.30 pm bus, arriving to LTO at 11.30 pm. Then there should be another one leaving at 6 pm. Schedule may change, but there is always some bus. Decent buses, with airconditioner and washroom. They make stops in few places on the way - in La Paz etc.

You speak Spanish, but for those who don't - it's pretty simple, really. They have got used to speechless gringos by now. No hay problema. Just be polite, and patient. You tell them "Loreto", they would write the price and time of the next bus on the piece of paper. Or will turn the laptop screen to you, with schedule and price. Stops are short, 10-15 minutes, don't stray away from the bus and don't count on going to restaurant for supper. They used to make an hour-long stop for drivers to have a supper, and then speed up like crazy to make for lost time. Now they drive slower, but make shorter stops.

[Edited on 9-10-2014 by Alm]
gsamowitz

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your response. Is there somewhere I can see the time schedule for Autotransportes Aguila? I could make a decision about transportation if I knew when they what time bus left in Cabo, how long it takes to get to La Paz, how long layover is in La Paz and length of time to get to Loreto. Is it possible for someone to check their schedule? We are leaving on 11/8 and I was hoping to leave EARLY in the morning. Thanks again for your help!
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 07:03 PM

Have a look at this link, it should be of help.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/bc/#.VBEB6afD9J8
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 07:25 PM

google it up en Espanol. Horarios de autobuses etc etc.

http://www.ensenada-baja-vacations.com/horarios-de-salidas-d...

4.45 pm, as said. This is not carved in stone. It can leave one hour later as well. If you are flying in to Cabo, you're not going to catch early morning bus FROM Cabo unless you spend a night there.

It's 2 hours to La Paz, mas o menos. Likely the longest layover there - 20 minutes, 30, 60 - impossible to predict. Then another 5-6 hours to Loreto.

Could be more buses from La Paz:
http://www.ensenada-baja-vacations.com/central-camionera-en-...
but those running from Cabo either stop in La Paz, or there is enough time to switch to another bus.

Don't know how current is this page - I can still see ABC buses, they are/were in some collaboration with Aguilla, on the same route.

There should be total 5-7 Northbound buses over 24 hours period.

[Edited on 9-11-2014 by Alm]
gsamowitz

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 07:44 PM

We will be in Cabo for a week and can leave early in the morning, but will have to leave on 11/08. Would people recommend taking the bus or renting a car? I have driven many times in Mexico.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 08:09 PM

If you don't mind paying a bit, a taxi ride can be convenient and pleasant.

Local shuttle drivers can be quite helpful and will stop for you to get supplies, etc. Many drivers listed here drivers do runs between Los Barriles and the SJD airport and will also accommodate custom tours to other locations. Homar was highly recommended to us and with advance notice you can negotiate a price and itinerary.
http://thebajaponyexpress.com/Business_Directory_.htm#TAXI_

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 08:15 PM

If you are going to stay a week in Cabo, then I can't understand what you are worrying about. You'll go to the bus station and see the schedule. Don't know what 11/8 means. If this is 8th of Nobember - there WILL be some buses on that day. And on the day before. If this is 11.08 am flight out of Loreto, you will have to take an overnight bus. Relax.
gsamowitz

[*] posted on 9-10-2014 at 08:23 PM

11/8 means November 8th. Are you saying we won't have a problem getting bus tickets when we are in cabo?
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gsamowitz
11/8 means November 8th. Are you saying we won't have a problem getting bus tickets when we are in cabo?

Yes.
rufflife
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:28 AM

From Cabo to Loreto... You could also take the Eco Baja Tours shuttle. They seat 7 people and it is a comfortable ride.

Their website is here: http://www.ecobajatours.com/

You can reserve online, in advance. That would eliminate that stress for you.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:32 AM

Ecobajatours is not currently serving Loreto. They may come back later in the year.
rufflife
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:47 AM

Oops! I have used them during Feb - April... I didn't realize they didn't service Loreto in November! Thanks for catching that.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rufflife
Oops! I have used them during Feb - April... I didn't realize they didn't service Loreto in November! Thanks for catching that.

You are right that they are a great choice...they aren't serving Loreto right now. It's worth checking in the future...I'm hearing rumors they may come back.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 01:31 PM

I would think that a longer bus is more comfortable than a short van on this kind of road?
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 03:26 PM

The only times you're likely to have problems getting a bus to anywhere in Baja is during Christmas season and Semana Santa. When you get to Cabo, just go to the bus station and buy your ticket (but make sure you communicate what day you want to go) if you're nervous.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.