BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Who's spending New Years in L.A. Bay?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-20-2004 at 01:00 AM
Who's spending New Years in L.A. Bay?

Right now (Sunday PM) Baja Ken, Neal Johns, John M, and others are camping on the 1942 Pole Line Road... A bunch will enjoy the feast that Baja Lou invited us to at El Dorado near San Felipe...

This will be FOURTH year in a row I will be going to the Casa Diaz's fiesta in L.A. Bay...

Well, the fiesta for us begins at Camp Gecko, perhaps with the feast that Bedman and Emma hosted in the past... I know 4baja, David A & Yvonne will also be in Gecko. Paulina (P) and Dern will be going to the Diaz fiesta from her place near Gecko... Maybe Stephen Ford (great photos) too?

Any more Nomads???

Santiago, Sonora Wind, Alex, FrankO ????

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2004 at 09:44 PM

Nobody else? Well, if you spot Liz and I around central Baja please introduce yourself. Perhaps we will share a Pacifico? I am out of the big "got baja?" stickers, but I have some small ones if you would like some.

Here is my new lady and I this past Saturday, at Sea World...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2004 at 11:17 PM

We're pulling a 35'er down to Bahia Christina on the 12/30, so plan on either helping us get there or if we make it, stopping and celebrate! Lots of vados and problemas possibles, but we have an ambitious program planned down there and would like you to get aquainted with it. Wayno
Corky1
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-21-2004 at 08:45 AM

Great to see you up and around again!! Ha Ha!!

Corky:D :cool:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 08:52 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:07 AM

We'll be at Camp Gecko starting on the 28th. We'll be sure to see you there.

marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 04:06 PM

We just got back from three weeks in Spanish school in Oaxaca a few days ago so can't head down to LA Bay this year. Also the frickin' cold RAIN last year was depressing. If I wanted RAIN I would stay home in Long Beach! Y'all drink a few beers for me and tell Bedman to enjoy his comfortable bed in his big old motor home! Your P-nche gringo friend Marla.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 05:31 PM

We're taking off in a day or two and will be making our usual camp at Antonio's (the tutle camp) and plan to head home around the first. We're not the party people (never were really) especially since we became middle-aged parents -- but we every year we talk about going to the big party in town -- and then turn in early.

Sorry you won't be down this year Marla - yes, the weather last year was depressing BUT you and yours certainly were not! Maybe next year...
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 09:22 PM
Unplanned road trip

I may be heading down right after Xmas. I've had some difficult times and perhaps an escape to Baja is in order. A get together would give me something to shoot for.
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 09:34 PM

Well, I showed my hand up above. If anybody is rolling past Bahia Christina (50 miles blw San Felipe) on the 31st or 1st, pull in and ask for Wayno or Mikie..... We will either be setting the trailer up or camped out at the bar.. There's an outside chance we will be fishing, but I doubt it.........
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:07 PM

Well bbbait, If you ain't doing anything around noon on the 31st, head up to San Felipe and our Turkey Smoke. see the post "Dec 31st " for directions etc . plenty of time to get back to Christina for a nighttime party too.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for the offer!! But hard to leave a pat hand. We'll probably be hunkered down, but who knows? May be going back for spare parts, tires, cervesas, and the Miramar is always hard to pass (Tecate draft).... And the Caliente, hit a superfecta last time.. Wayno
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:20 PM

Great to finally meet you Packoderm, and maybe others... I am into meeting Baja people (of all nationalities)!

I am still not sure about where we will camp, cabin, or motel at... Gecko is my first choice to be near Bedman, 4baja, Paulina, David A, Beach Bob, Packoderm... But, L.A. Bay is a big place with dozens of locations to camp or stay at... Where ever we end up, you will see us making the rounds and at Casa Diaz for the town fiesta (where the local village folks will be, JR) Friday night, for the fourth year in a row.

Surfer Jim... do I understand your post on another thread you will be at La Gringa?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
David,how long are you going to be at the Bay? Thinking about cutting my trip short and head up your way for awhile.Haven't seen Steve(Bedman)David A , Paulina and the rest in quite sometime.New Years at the bay sounds interesting.

Hola Glenn... Arriving Thu noonish or Fri. noonish and homebound Sunday the second... This will be my shortest trip to Bahia de L.A., but work dictates that... and I do want to give Liz a good sampling of SOME of the best of Baja... which is found between El Rosario and L.A. Bay. Great if you come over!!!:yes:

Photo from BajaBushPilots.com (linked with permission)

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 07:30 AM
Fresh Water Side

Lots of Largemouths.......

You know where you belong for Anu Nuevo Senor Glenn.

soon amigo, soon!
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 08:00 AM

just got a weather report from doc and he said that its been windy for two weeks and looks like its finnaly comeing down. alls looks like rain up hear on monday so the weather should get good. will be at diablo till monday then back to gecko.:coolup:
David K
Honored Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 12-29-2004 at 08:38 PM
Ready to go!!!

Well, all the gear is packed and I am ready to go! This rainy weather is killing my income (sprinkler system installation), but it is giving me plenty of time to get ready! I will be leaving Oceanside Thu. afternoon, picking up Liz on the way, and stay in El Rosario that night.

Friday we will stop to see rock art sites on our way to L.A. Bay/Camp Gecko (San Fernando, Catavina, Montevideo). Then we will see who's there, find a camp site, and get ready to bring in the new year, Mexican style!

Hope to see as many of you as possible... come on down!:yes:

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2004 at 09:08 PM

Is this Liz's first trip into Baja?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2004 at 09:22 PM

Not into Baja proper (she has been to La Bufadora), but the first time into 'The Baja' (where boojums grow wild and cardons reach for the sky)!:yes:

She is ready... she wondered if she should get a box of wine (she's been reading Nomad?)... Nope, I said, Mike Humfreville won't be there, so one bottle will be enough!

I wish you and Mary Ann a happy New Year... I understand why you won't be there, but it won't be the same without you both (and Debra too)!

[Edited on 12-30-2004 by David K]

Liz barnes

[*] posted on 12-29-2004 at 09:28 PM
New Years in LA Bay

Hi David & Liz,

My husband Bill and I would sure like to hook up with you and some of the other momads at Diaz Fiesta.

It will be our first year for New Years here in BOLA. We are located at Daggetts, Corsair 5th wheel, Dodge dually and green dune buggy, at campsit Bliz with Eddie the airedale, Tope the coyote-mix and Cole the black mini poodle, barking the welcome. Drop by any time! Love to meet all nomads

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.