BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: NOT SURPRISED??? The toll road will delay opening until December, 2014
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 09:08 PM
NOT SURPRISED??? The toll road will delay opening until December, 2014

http://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=36434

Nota publicada el 11 de septiembre de 2014
por Karla Lorena Lamas

Con base en resultados de las revisiones técnicas llevadas a cabo en la autopista Tijuana-Ensenada, se tomó la decisión de reabrirla en diciembre próximo para garantizar las condiciones de un tránsito seguro se informó en un comunicado.
El 28 de diciembre pasado, debido a un deslizamiento de la carpeta asfáltica ubicada en el kilómetro 93 de la autopista Tijuana - Ensenada, provocado como factor principal por los escurrimientos de lluvias registradas en esa zona, por siete sismos de 1.3 a 4.3 grados Richter, se llevó a cabo el cierre del tramo Rosarito-Ensenada, localizado entre los kilómetros 84 al 98.

De inmediato la Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes y Caminos y Puentes Federales, llevaron a cabo estudios técnicos y proyectos; entre otros, el levantamiento topográfico general de la zona de la falla; estudios geológicos y geotécnicos; proyecto de galería filtrante y monitoreo general de la zona, etcetera.

Durante estos meses los trabajos realizados, abarcan once rubros: el retiro del material deslizado del terraplén; mil 140 inclusiones con profundidades desde 18 hasta 30 metros; bóveda de 80 metros de longitud con 4.80 m de ancho y 6.0 de altura; capa de transición entre el terreno natural y el nuevo terraplén, de 1.50 m de espesor; construcción de terraplén con un volumen de 253 mil 170 m3; 53 mil 900 m3 de escollera con piedra de 1 m de tamaño mínimo; pedraplén con dimensiones de 0.10 a 0.80 m con un volumen de 330 mil m3; colocación de 12 mil m3 de material de recargue sobre pedraplén; inicio de las obras de los portales de la galería filtrante; bermas en la ladera, moviéndose 227 mil m3 de material, que se aprovechó en la construcción del terraplén y protección de enrocamiento y la construcción de 3.5 km de caminos provisionales.

Como resultado del monitoreo cotidiano en la zona, en días pasados, se detectaron grietas y desplazamientos en el terraplén, así como filtraciones de agua en diversos estratos, que afectaron la reconstrucción.

Con base a todos estos trabajos, llevados a cabo de manera ininterrumpida, la fecha de reapertura se programó para diciembre 2014.

SCT y CAPUFE agradecen el permanente apoyo recibido por el Gobierno de Baja California y de los ayuntamientos de Tijuana, Rosarito y Ensenada y reiteran que lo más importante es la seguridad de los usuarios de nuestras autopistas.

Mientras tanto, el tránsito vehicular continuará por las rutas alternas que se establecieron desde que se colapsó el tramo.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 08:26 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not one bit surprised... ! See my comments after I flew over it, last June.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

What's the laughter about? I don't see the humor. What makes you so smart?

This is a big, difficult civil engineering project on unstable land.

Engineering project schedules are often slipped when new information is obtained and/or unanticipated problems arise. In fact, sometimes the wisest move is to abandon the project when it becomes evident it's unworkable. I suppose you'll be rolling on the floor laughing if that happens.

I'm glad they're taking the time to do it right. In addition to it being a beautiful drive, it greatly enhances transportation and commerce.

[Edited on 9-12-2014 by SFandH]
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:17 AM

Never saw that coming .....lol
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:31 AM

...wouldn't believe it even if a hairdresser told me!:dudette:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:42 AM
It it a suprise???

That entire area from El Mirador to San Miguel will be subject to slipping forever, no matter what CAPUFE and SCT do to repair or "fix" the road. The only logical and sound solution will be to construct a new road east from Baja Mar to the free road, then improve and 4 lane the free road to just south of the current toll booths at San Miguel

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
That entire area from El Mirador to San Miguel will be subject to slipping forever, no matter what CAPUFE and SCT do to repair or "fix" the road. .......

...I'd think they possibly could be successful if the first did extensive frakking throughout the area to shake-out any potential earthquakes,,,, then level the sand-hills to prevent any erosion,,,and then pave the whole region with 3' of concrete :yes:;D
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:55 AM
Toll Road Opening Delayed

From Discover Baja:

Mexican authorities announced yesterday that the reopening of the toll road, originally scheduled for September 15, 2014, has been delayed until at least December 2014. Newly detected cracks and leaks in the area have affected the rebuilding so the decision has been made to push back the reopening of the road to ensure the safety of travelers. Traffic continues to be redirected inland along the free road.

Keep watching our Toll Road Update page for the latest information on the road reopening and directions along the detour
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:

and,and after the ride in the whirlybird Cameron bought us ice cream! :bounce:
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 10:05 AM

My idea has always been to build a suspension bridge over the slide area in question.
Let the land slip all it wants...under the bridge.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
That entire area from El Mirador to San Miguel will be subject to slipping forever, no matter what CAPUFE and SCT do to repair or "fix" the road. The only logical and sound solution will be to construct a new road east from Baja Mar to the free road, then improve and 4 lane the free road to just south of the current toll booths at San Miguel

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:

What's the laughter about? I don't see the humor. What makes you so smart?

This is a big, difficult civil engineering project on unstable land.

Engineering project schedules are often slipped when new information is obtained and/or unanticipated problems arise. In fact, sometimes the wisest move is to abandon the project when it becomes evident it's unworkable. I suppose you'll be rolling on the floor laughing if that happens.

I'm glad they're taking the time to do it right. In addition to it being a beautiful drive, it greatly enhances transportation and commerce.

[Edited on 9-12-2014 by SFandH]

No it is not funny about what happened. It is hilarious when people believe the GOVERNMENT saying something that was so OBVIOUSLY wrong to those of us with eyes and a brain.

The month may have been correct, but the year was wrong!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:

That would have been nice, but in reality, the last time I saw Cameron was near Mission San Fernando when the copter with me, the pilot, and Casey (with the cut finger) flew back to El Cajon. The pilot drove Casey to the hospital as soon as the copter was in the hanger. No ice cream!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
My idea has always been to build a suspension bridge over the slide area in question.
Let the land slip all it wants...under the bridge.

I agree
WhackAMolE
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 10:57 AM

If there are cracks and leaks, then the design is bad. This road may never open.

I spent years living near Half Moon Bay, a coastal town 30 minutes south of San Francisco. The coast road there has the exact same problem ... the cliff keeps falling into the sea. Finally after decades of arguing and politicking, they built a tunnel through the mountain to avoid the bad stretch of road along the coast.

Rebuilding the toll road on unstable ground ensures that the same problem will keep happening. They should have routed the road inland.

This thing may never open. If there were engineering problems that's one thing; but if there's underground leakage, another few months of implementing the wrong solution isn't going to help.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 11:01 AM

Is there a current road report on this area? Distance of detour, what kind of delay? Haven't read about using Tecate instead.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 11:12 AM

The detour is a two lane road going over and around hills. The pavement is in good condition and there is no cross traffic except at the north end where it goes through La Mision. I don't know, maybe 20 miles. I've driven it several times. Traffic moved smoothly but I imagine it slows down during periods of heavy use.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 11:21 AM
Tecate

Tecate is well, Tecate. Drove that road to Ensenada on Wednesday 9-10.

LOTS of truck traffic hauling containers N/B with the usual crazy truck drivers and idiots trying to pass on blind curves and over hill crests. Moderate S/B truck traffic......most will pull over to the shoulder and signal you to pass.

Road surface is in great condition. Noticed there is road construction about 10 miles south, cutting through the countryside in what looks like an attempt to straighten out the current highway......however no impact on the paved road yet.

If you cross at Tecate, watch for the hidden stop signs until you get past the toll road underpass

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Is there a current road report on this area? Distance of detour, what kind of delay? Haven't read about using Tecate instead.

dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 02:44 PM

We're laughing as an "I told you so" when the government SWORE the toll road would be open in September.
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 03:09 PM

I might be the only person happy about this. I have finally trained my old body for the Rosarito Ensenada bike ride and planning on doing it this year on Sept 27th. The coastal route will be cooler and less of a grade. Now I feel that I might have been over training. Looks like I can drink a bit instead of long hot rides this weekend. The El Tigre route will always be vailable and I was so bummed when I wasn't in shape last May to do the only time it previously had been on the scenic route. WHoo hoo!!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-12-2014 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:

I laughed so hard I shat my pants.

And that reminded me I need to make a hair appt and buy some pepto bismal
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.