Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato & Odile
baja-spirit
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for the update Jim...we all are hoping our paradise survived. So glad Russ is doing fine. thanks again...P&G
Arturo1

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the Info. Jim, That Russ Guy is a Real Trooper. : )
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 03:23 PM

Good to hear some news from there. Thanks. :D

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
bajaboy1

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 05:20 PM

Russ, thanks for all the updates, we really appreciate it. We met you last Oct. after a squall went through and couple of trucks were stuck in the road. We were planning a trip down for this week but holding off now. Planned to camp at the beach. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Hope you're doing ok. Stay safe.
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 06:53 AM

heading out to chivato to deliver some stuff to russ and check on a few homes.. i hope the road is passable with 4x4

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
Robertofox
Junior Nomad

Mood: One more for the ditch !

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 07:45 AM

Big Mike58, I read a couple of days ago, that the old road was easier than the newer route. Hope that helps. If conditions are right, would you check our house too on our parcel? Our parcel is the one with the high pila behind the beach front homes. No homes in the back. Mine has the yellow wall around on the south end and the house is yellow too. Muchas gracias amigo.......if you can....We are stuck here in the states for a couple of months!!.............Robert

Happy Trails....
Robertofox
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 07:48 AM

To Big Mike58, the road to our parcel is the first entrance north of where the old road comes out to the back road below the hills that run on the west side. Hope that helps...gracias again

Happy Trails....
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 08:06 AM

I will try,,!,,

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 09:24 AM

If anyone can make it you can. Thanks for checking... Alex had a friend out out in a panga and he said that it didn't look to bad . Sure hope he's right.Let me know if the runway is doable as I am trying to fly This coming Friday. If there are any specific needs I'd be happy to fly them in...
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 10:05 AM

We drove to Chivato yesterday and it is definitely 4 wheel drive. The road was seriously washed out. I did not see any real damage to houses and the runway looks good. I would stay closer to the ocean side, it may have been a little soft by the run up area where they put a little concrete. We checked about 6 houses very closely and no damage was found. I think everything will come out ok when they get some machinery in to get the road open. It is seriously washed out from the fork of the old road where it goes to the right up until you pass the estuary. The estuary was pretty deep but the Razr went right through.

Arturo1

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 12:16 PM

Our house is next next to Harry's rental, We're on the right if facing the shore. ( Cass Rico) Please take a look if you can.

Thanks, any news would be helpful.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 12:49 PM

Just a shot note: Thanks to all for their concer and beast wishes. The houses here have all been looked at and have dried out with help of the locals or were unaffected by the storm. Some damage to the more open structures. Don't make plans to come down soon. I doubt we will have our water system going for some time and the truck probably won't be able to get in for awhile either. I believe the equipment we need to fix the road will be busy working on the highway. There are some locals getting in and out now to get out for food and water.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 01:26 PM

Thanks for your survival efforts and on the spot reporting. I will be flying down Friday so PLEASE let me know what I can bring down to make your life happier...
As always great to have such a concerned / connected neighbor.
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 02:03 PM

Russ thanks for the updates. Glad to hear you are safe and sound..sounds like wild few days.
Fastbird
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 03:01 PM

A seasoned pilot will be inspecting PCH (the airstrip and taxiway at Punta Chivato) , taking pictures and reporting to the commendant at Loreto today (Sat) or tomorrow. Until Mario Landeros knows the condition of PCH , the Gov will not allow flight plans to PCH. The pictures and report should be available Tuesday the 9/23.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 03:15 PM

I thought it was you that came in this afternoon. Crazy fly byes.

Quote:
Originally posted by chivatojoe
Thanks for your survival efforts and on the spot reporting. I will be flying down Friday so PLEASE let me know what I can bring down to make your life happier...
As always great to have such a concerned / connected neighbor.

Robertofox
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 03:40 PM

Glad to see your ok Russ. Have you heard from Mike Morse at all on his well being? Word has it, he may have broken his leg while checking houses out....welcome back!

Happy Trails....
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 04:17 PM

Glad to see you back on line.:bounce:
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 05:22 PM

Not sure what happened to one of my post but I'll throw it out again. I saw Watkins flying over the runway earlier today and then a twin did a few flybys and landed so I can guess that the runway is serviceable.
Carlos just dropped off some needed meds for me and had talked to Guero about the road. We're raising some funds to buy diesel for his and Jorge's equipment and hoping they will start repairs Monday if it is freed up from work in SR and the highway. Still no word on water. Bobby?

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 05:26 PM

Mike M came by earlier with supplies from for me from Big Mike. Thanks Mike!! He's definitely hurt but doesn't want to take care of his damaged leg. He just keeps on going.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robertofox
Glad to see your ok Russ. Have you heard from Mike Morse at all on his well being? Word has it, he may have broken his leg while checking houses out....welcome back!

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.