BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Help – Robert Thomas Revalee A 68 yr old Sgt E5 USMC Has been in Jail in Ensenada for over 3 months Please Help if you can
Lilmikey7

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 08:51 PM
Help – Robert Thomas Revalee A 68 yr old Sgt E5 USMC Has been in Jail in Ensenada for over 3 months Please Help if you can

This is posted for a friend whose contact information is at the bottom if there is anything you can do to help.

Robert Thomas Revalee Sgt E5 USMC, a Vietnam war hero disabled at the Battle of Hue. Robert is 68 years old and a long time resident of Oxnard California and San Quentin Baja Mexico. He has been in jail in Ensenada for over 3 months, held without bail and allowed only one phone call a month, no visitors. The American Consulate is aware of him, but has not contacted him.

Robert was in a car accident a few hundred yards from his San Quentin home. He was not at fault, but his insurance had recently lapsed. He had returned from renewing his license and plates in California and the insurance lapse was a short oversight.

Robert spent 6 weeks in hospital with a broken hip, broken knee and crushed rib cage. He was removed from the hospital to the Ensenada jail 3 months ago. He is wheelchair bound and has to rely on other prisoners for bathroom assistance, meals, etc.

Nobody has come forward to help this man and it is evident that he will die in prison if these conditions go on for much longer.

Any help whatsoever greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how to contact the Catholic nuns that visit prisoners in Ensenada? That might at least be an allowable visit.

Please contact either Greg Taylor 0115216161085761 or
Duffy Shropshire Senior Master Sargent USAF Retired 805-215-1356

[Edited on 9-16-2014 by Lilmikey7]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 08:55 PM
OMG !!

anyone have the US CONSULate Number handy ???
Lilmikey7

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 08:58 PM

The American Council is a joke, they have tried them and nothing is getting done
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 09:37 PM

Hola Lilmikey7,

there is a lady named CELIA DIAZ that has a service of which i currently don't remember the name of but will search my files again, she has a service that helps people like your friend that are in need and has contacts throughout baja to help people out.

i have subscribed to her service for years just in case and she was heavily promoted by an extremely known baja writer, GENE KIRA.

as i don't travel baja as much as before, i disposed of all my stuff.

i will post on nomads and other sites and will get back to you.

i am so sorry to hear about your friends delimna.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
OCEANUS
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 09:53 PM

Here's Celia's contact information:

http://www.binationalemergency.org/committee.htm

Celia Diaz
619-425-5080 phone
619-425-4531 fax
celia@bemcc.org
642 3rd Ave. Suite I
Chula Vista Ca 91910

BEST OF LUCK!
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 09:58 PM

Hola OCEANUS,

i thank you for your unbelievable super fast response. i will forward this info and will put it in an area that i will be able to find it if i need it in the future.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 10:08 PM

Hola Lilmikey7,

as you can see from the response from oceanus, please contact celia diaz and see what she can do for your friend.

Here's Celia's contact information:

http://www.binationalemergency.org/committee.htm

Celia Diaz
619-425-5080 phone
619-425-4531 fax
celia@bemcc.org
642 3rd Ave. Suite I
Chula Vista Ca 91910

over the years, she has helped so many people through her network throughout baja north and south and i hope she will be able to help your friend.

please keep us posted as to how this unfolds. thank god he wasn't carrying any illegal guns.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 11:53 PM

I hope your friend turns out ok. I think you are not getting much response because your title about "another marine" may be putting some people off. We had a big debate here recently about the "other" marine that may have left some people a bit sensitive about the subject. Let's just say this is a person who is in need through no fault of his own and not try to tie him in with that other guy. Who shall remain nameless least we start another war. :coolup: You might want to re-title your post just to be on the safe side...
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 02:15 AM

I don't know what words to say for this man. I feel so bad for the guy. The situation is horrible.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 07:32 AM

I'm surprised at the consulate response. They have, I know, a reputation for staying out of these things, as they aren't a defense agency, but they do get in touch personally with US citizens in jails, and will make necessary phone calls. I know this for a fact.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 07:54 AM

What happened to the other people involved in the accident?

bacquito
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 07:56 AM

thoughts and prayers for Sgt Revalle
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 09:01 AM

I wonder if the consulate responds according to the US citizen's culpability in an incident. In this case the man did not have proof of auto insurance. Does the consulate give weight to the facts of a case or rush to help every American equally?
Lilmikey7

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 01:32 PM

This what happened, Bob me and my dad were having dinner and bob only had one drink and fish dinner. we all left then bob went home and the next thing bob call's my dad to come help him while i was at the front office talking to a friend.. when my dad came home he told me the story.. Bob was driving home and the other guy was racing home in the other direction.

Well this guy got into bob's lane and hit him and the guy calls his friends at the old mill to come get him which they did B4 the police got there. My dad and two other ppl. that we new were there. But this guy that hit bob is VERY well connected and works for Dricoll's In San Quintin and is good friends with the chief of police and he knows Los Pinos The Rodriguez's Brothers. This guy has been in trouble B4 but gets out of it. The chief of police has it out for bob and is saying all this stuff about him that is not true.. They are making this bigger than what it is.
Lilmikey7

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 04:07 PM
Robert Thomas Revalee, 68 year old retired American vet left in Ensenada jail over 3 months.In auto accident and confined to wheel chair.Needs medical
help!

Robert Thomas Revalee, SGT E5 USMC a Vietnam war hero permanently disabled with back injuries from the war.He
is presently in jail in Ensenada Baja Mexico, and has been for over 3 months.And yes held without medical help or bail.
He was in an auto accident which broke his hip knee and ribs. He has been in a wheel chair every day since.
Unfortunately he was in an accident with a very well connected employee of Driscolls strawberries and other berries.
The American Consulate has did nothing in his behalf. No one has offered any help in this matter. Yes he has a good
attorney and he is doing what he can. Trying to get a court hearing.But when you are going against a powerful man like
Louis Ernesto Guarbara Salcedo, with other incidents of drinking and driving in the past, you are going against a block
wall with no help.
Would appreciate any help in this matter.
Contacts,- Duffy Shropshire 805 216 1356
Greg Taylor 616 108 5761- 616 165 6068
Thank You
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 04:18 PM

So why is he being held? Was he intoxicated? Did he injure or kill someone? Was it his fault? And does the fact that he served in the military decades ago supposed to give him special treatment?

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 05:34 PM

Hmm - could this be a troll post for someone missing the Jailed Marine Pt. 1 Post?

If not , Bob has been deemed guilty by the powers that be - with no witnesses unlikely to reverse that - and with no insurance needs to negotiate a liability settlement figure ( probably a new truck for the local) . The fact that he's an X Marine has no bearing on anything.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 05:38 PM

I don't think this is a troll. He's trying to get some help for his friend.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 06:05 PM

so there must be official charges that can be addressed by the attorney - what might they be ? in the case of a car accident with no injury it's a mater of the guilty party paying the other party for loss .
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilmikey7
But when you are going against a powerful man like
Louis Ernesto Guarbara Salcedo, with other incidents of drinking and driving in the past, you are going against a block
wall with no help.

For conversation purposes, I'll assume he, Mr. Revalee, was drinking.
If the other driver sustained injuries, the charges are compounded.
Mr. Revalee needs a different attorney. His condition would mitigate the charges, but only an attorney can argue that with a judge, and should have happened long ago.
I'm guessing his attorney is court appointed, or worse, a low paid freelancer waiting for better pay.
Mr Revalee may be responsible for damages to the other driver, if there are any.
We can only make uneducated assumptions at this point, and that is senseless.

The American consulate will have all pertinent details, so an attorney should inquire there to be brought up to speed.

I feel bad for Mr. Revalee. He is in a bad spot. I hope he has friends.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.