BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Help – Robert Thomas Revalee A 68 yr old Sgt E5 USMC Has been in Jail in Ensenada for over 3 months Please Help if you can
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 08:17 PM

The story:

Rechazan de cárcel a detenido enfermo
Por Luis Miguel Ramírez/EL VIGÍA

La Dirección de Seguridad Pública Municipal (DSPM), solicitará la intervención de las autoridades competentes para garantizar la atención para un ciudadano estadounidense, quien ayer resultó afectado por la descoordinación entre instancias médicas y penitenciarias.

Se trata de Robert Thomas Revelle, de 67 años, presunto responsable de daños y homicidio culposo en un choque de dos vehículos ocurrido el pasado 10 de junio en el Valle de San Quintín, pero este hombre de la tercera edad por tercera ocasión fue rechazado en el Centro de Reinserción Social (Cereso).

Con base en la información obtenida por El Vigía, este veterano de la guerra de Vietnam no fue admitido en la cárcel porque se fracturó la cadera; además, tiene antecedentes de patología crónico-degenerativa, riesgo de embolismo por tratamiento post operatorio y padece inestabilidad cardiaca.

Luego de que el sexagenario fue dado de alta del Hospital General de Ensenada, los policías municipales solicitaron una ambulancia para trasladarlo al penal, pero como lo rechazaron fue reingresado al nosocomio por gestión de los mismos agentes.

El argumento de los responsables del Cereso es que no cuentan con la infraestructura necesaria para recibirlo por su historial médico, el riesgo post operatorio y ser propenso a un infarto.

El pasado 12 de junio, El Vigía publicó que Revelle había sido trasladado a bordo de distintas patrullas a varios centros hospitalarios de San Quintín, sin recibir la atención médica que necesitaba.

http://www.elvigia.net/general/2014/7/14/rechazan-carcel-det...

==========================================

Google translation:

By Luis Miguel Ramirez / THE LOOKOUT

The Municipal Public Security Directorate (DSPM), request the intervention of the authorities to provide care for an American citizen, who yesterday was affected by the lack of coordination between medical and prison authorities.

This is Robert Thomas Revelle, 67, allegedly responsible for damages and wrongful death in a collision of two vehicles occurred on June 10 in the Valley of San Quintin homicide, but this man older third time was rejected in Center for Social Reinsertion (Cereso).

Based on the information obtained by The Watcher, this veteran of the Vietnam War was not admitted in jail because broke her hip; also have a history of chronic degenerative disease risk for postoperative embolism treatment and suffers cardiac instability.

After the sixties was discharged from the General Hospital of Ensenada, local police requested an ambulance to transfer him to the prison, but rejected as was readmitted to hospital for management of these agents.

The argument is that responsible Cereso not have the capacity to receive his medical history infrastructure postoperative risk and be prone to a heart attack.

On 12 June, the Watch reported that Revelle had been transferred to different patrols aboard several hospitals in San Quentin, without any medical attention he needed.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 10:49 PM

Lilmikey, this indicates that someone died in this accident, and that Mr. Revelle was responsible. Is this accurate?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 07:18 AM

It is accurate. This link came to me with a cover story that I will not forward, but the details are damning.
Let the system sort it out and save your concern for another time and case.

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 07:35 AM

If someone died in the accident, as it appears from the article (an important fact that was left out of the original post), and Mr. Revelle let his insurance lapse, he's out of luck. Remember in Mexico you are guilty until proven otherwise.

If he had insurance, at least he'd have some legal representation from the insurance plan as well as a way to pay the family of the person who died (even if the accident was not "his fault"). Unfortunately, unless he has a lot of money to begin with, he's staying in jail for a while. This is a good example of why to have up to date insurance if you're going to drive in Mexico.

If someone did die, it helps explain his treatment a little better. But I am wondering if the driver in the other vehicle is also in jail? Or is he the one who died?

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja

If he had insurance, at least he'd have some legal representation from the insurance plan as well as a way to pay the family of the person who died (even if the accident was not "his fault"). Unfortunately, unless he has a lot of money to begin with, he's staying in jail for a while. This is a good example of why to have up to date insurance if you're going to drive in Mexico.

Insurance is nullified if the driver is drunk.
Energy here would be better spent worrying about the weather.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
anyone have the US CONSULate Number handy ??? [/quote)

don't even imagine for a minute that the us consulate give a s##t about us citizens in trouble abroad , vets or otherwise....witness how they did nothing to seek the release of the kidnapped journalists in Iraq....but oh-so-willing to go to war after they have been beheaded...

[Edited on 9-17-2014 by pacificobob]
Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 12:45 PM

I just want to clear up that there was NO ONE killed in the car accident!!!
I was at the accident scene about 5-10 minutes after the accident, it happened right next to my house. There was NO ONE killed!! There was a man on the phone with the cops, explaining the accident scene, he said & I heard, "No, there are no deaths, one man is injured" That one man was Bob. He was badly hurt. The man driving the other car had been taken out of the car and driven to the hospital before the cops showed up.
I have no idea if Bob had insurance or not, I do not know why he is being held in Ensenada. The other man was in the hospital a couple days and was let out. He is out and about like nothing happened.
I have also spoken to a lawyer about what I saw that night. It will take a little while longer but I hope we can get Bob out of jail.

****Also no one was given a breath test and police reports say it was an accident, and no one was drunk.

[Edited on 9-17-2014 by Marita-LosOlivos]

[Edited on 9-17-2014 by Marita-LosOlivos]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 01:47 PM

So the newspaper lied about the accident and a man is held for killing another, when the other is "out and about like nothing happened" ?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 02:20 PM

Yes the news paper lied! There were no deaths, none at all! The paper gets their info wrong all the time, ask any Mexican and they will tell you the paper never has its facts straight. No one died. I was there, I heard the calls to the police, I heard people say, there were no deaths only one injured.
Yes the other man is out and about doing what he does best, whatever that is.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 02:20 PM

Fishy

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 02:28 PM

Fishy, it is way beyond fishy.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 02:54 PM

Most of us do believe you, Marita. If the Mexicanos involved are locally connected, the marine's arse is grassed. A few posters like the taste of their own sandals.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 03:06 PM

amarillo journalism. gotta sell papers. :no:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marita-LosOlivos
Yes the news paper lied! There were no deaths, none at all! The paper gets their info wrong all the time, ask any Mexican and they will tell you the paper never has its facts straight. No one died. I was there, I heard the calls to the police, I heard people say, there were no deaths only one injured.
Yes the other man is out and about doing what he does best, whatever that is.

reporting wrong info is not lying. just saying.

anyhow, i see a number of posters here are posting the version of the story they know. and i see that none of the stories are the true and whole story.
perhaps the other person died later?
what interest does the cop and state govt have in jailing someone to exact revenge for another? the cop and govt would have to be pretty stupid.
why would a middle class person be seeking such harsh revenge over a traffic accident?
none of the stories told to date make any sense.
someone want to make up a better story that is more believable????

anywho,... a good reminder to drive a safe and sane speed, as traffic accidents are never very fun, eh?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

why would a middle class person be seeking such harsh revenge over a traffic accident?

I was under the impression that he was in a family of the rich and powerful. That could explain most of everything.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I was under the impression that he was in a family of the rich and powerful. That could explain most of everything.

does not make sense. why didnt the guy just get a new car and move on with life?
the story makes no sense, so is probably wrong. like most stories in nomadlandia, there are kernels of truth is a matrix of poo
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
why didnt the guy just get a new car and move on with life?

The rich and powerful can be more vindictive than magnanimous, I suppose.
Maybe he's just a well trained gringo hater?
Who knows?

Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 05:55 PM

MTGOAT666 wrote this..........

reporting wrong info is not lying. just saying.

anyhow, i see a number of posters here are posting the version of the story they know. and i see that none of the stories are the true and whole story.
perhaps the other person died later?
what interest does the cop and state govt have in jailing someone to exact revenge for another? the cop and govt would have to be pretty stupid.
none of the stories told to date make any sense.
someone want to make up a better story that is more believable????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did not make up any story. If my story is not believable to you, then whatever. JUST SAYIN......

Anyways, like I said before I was at the accident scene, mine is not a story of what I THINK I know or from what I heard from other people.

Oh and just so you know, the other person did not die later. He is alive and well. Actually he and his wife were out of town yesterday celebrating Sept 15th. I am sure you are gonna ask how do I know.....ha, ha, ha. I know people who know people, is that a good enough answer for you?? I have asked for months how the other person is, & people have told me he is doing very well.

You asked this "why would a middle class person be seeking such harsh revenge over a traffic accident?"
I have asked myself that question MANY times. The other person is well off, but he is suing Bob for every cent he spent in the hospital, and to get another car, even though the car the other person was driving was the "company car"
You are right none of this makes sense. How do you think we feel as we try to understand why Bob is being punished so harsh for a car accident.

You said a "what interest does the cop and state govt have in jailing someone to exact revenge for another? the cop and govt would have to be pretty stupid."

It is a known fact that when people hand out cash to keep people quiet or to change a story, it usually works in their favor.

Maybe my "story" is not believable to you, but this is what we have been dealing with since the night of the accident. Bob needs to get out of jail & into a hospital ASAP.

[Edited on 9-18-2014 by Marita-LosOlivos]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 06:01 PM

Where did the accident happen (locaton) and who was deemed at fault???

Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Where did the accident happen (locaton) and who was deemed at fault???

The accident happened in San Quintin on the Old Mill road.
Bob was blamed for the accident.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.