Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: Anything from Mulege
wetto
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 08:41 AM

Thank you Chuckie,

I did notice the photo and, like you, did not see the extent of damages. Nice to know the riverfront homes are still there...always a good sign.

Lee S
wetto
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 08:49 AM

Does any one know of additional donation sites to contribute specifically to Mulege? I did see one family's request.
Rotary, Fire Department etc.
Any that get the $ or goods delivered to the most needy or for all to enjoy through infrastructure repair / water delivery.

Lee S
sailgal

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 09:30 AM
Huerta don Chano - Mulege

Not much said about the other side of the river. Anyone have any info on the Lighthouse road? Is the paved Malecon still there? Heard from anyone in the Huerta?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 09:37 AM

Unconfirmed report said paved portion was gone..I have seen nothing from Don Chanos or Loma Azul as yet...

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:04 AM

unconfirmed but reliable source,, said the malecon was buckled pretty bad and that it took a 4x4 to navigate that way.
one of our workers in The Orchard is able to get some pictures out to us the last couple of nights.. some really bad some not so bad.. but a mountain of
work just to get in...
trying to find if donations can be sent thru Rotary international and directed to Mulege'
thanks to all that want to help..

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Brinloor
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:42 AM

The new malecon is disconnected and separated from Don Chano's by a good expanse of water. Rough road to Loma Azul did not extend to the Lighthouse (which is once again an island) as of yesterday. The restaurant portion of El Patron is gone.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 04:12 PM

water is on again in town...
sapa has a generator running...
second generator being hooked up today for the newer second pump

gas and diesel was available at the Pemex today...
they use a generator for power

each day it gets better and better
lots of dirt and mud being moved

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 04:15 PM

Atta way to go....Thanks

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
water is on again in town...
sapa has a generator running...
second generator being hooked up today for the newer second pump

gas and diesel was available at the Pemex today...
they use a generator for power

each day it gets better and better
lots of dirt and mud being moved

Thank you Bob

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 06:39 PM

See the thread on Relief for Mulege for donation assistance to Mexicanos who are in need due to the flood. Thanks, Mike

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
ecomujeres
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 09:16 PM

Donations for Santa Rosalia, Mulege and Surrounding areas.

Fundación Hagamos Más por Santa Rosalía is assessing needs in surrounding areas and raising funds to help as much as they can. They accept material donations in Santa Rosalia as well as cash donations through Bancomer. They are the same group that has been doing great work in Santa Rosalia with the dog shelter, spay/neuter clinic, recycling programs, and other social programs in their and outlying communities. Please consider offering support through this local group.

Hagamos_mas-solicitud_eng by dvalov, on Flickr

http://www.lasecomujeres.org (Bilingual environmental education about Baja California)

Check out: http://www.meloncoyote.org (project of Journalism to Raise Environmental Awareness; a quarterly news bulletin for the Gulf of California Region).
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:31 PM

I'm curious about Sta Rosalia itself. The Fundacion is in Sta Rosalia, but - hopefully - this town was affected less than others. I don't hear anything from Sta Rosa. Though gringo population there is small, mostly concentrated in 2 camps in San Lucas cove.

PS: found it. Two Koreans died. Their car was swept off the highway and into the port:
http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/se-termina-el-saldo-blanco-por-odi...

[Edited on 9-20-2014 by Alm]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 05:33 AM

it's a lot cooler today...but...a little humid outside

DSC01596.JPG - 41kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alm
I'm curious about Sta Rosalia itself. The Fundacion is in Sta Rosalia, but - hopefully - this town was affected less than others. I don't hear anything from Sta Rosa. Though gringo population there is small, mostly concentrated in 2 camps in San Lucas cove.

PS: found it. Two Koreans died. Their car was swept off the highway and into the port:
http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/se-termina-el-saldo-blanco-por-odi...

[Edited on 9-20-2014 by Alm]

marina is bad, some big boats on the rocks, some sunk, sta roselia yacht club slips gone,,,stopped by san lucas they say water on in 2 weeks to sta roselia power on, have pics but cannot upload direct ti this site,, must jump thru 20 hoops first, will post pics when laptop and wifi is availible, off to check on russ at chivato

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
cocoscabana
Junior Nomad

Mood: Que sera, sera!!!

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 08:34 AM

Curious about the condition of the beach communities south of Mulege, in particular Playa Los Cocos and El burro. And the small community of Coyote around Estrella del Mar and storage area. Bob and Susan?..any reports?
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 09:14 AM

Mulege food packet kitty is up to $950. Thanks to all who are contributing.

I just reached Saul by phone to get him started on the assembly & distribution. First time I've got him on the phone. He got 4ft of water, front window broke & he lost some inventory out the window. They got most stuff up high before the flood, but lost soda pop & some cooking oil when the window broke. Whole familia is there, they are scrubbing out right now, water is on ~7hrs per day, still no electricity but he's got a generator. Soon as the store is washed they can start the packet brigade.

EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 09:17 AM

Cocos- Word from the beaches is that there is nominal wind damage, but otherwise in good shape. I think the way the storm passed the high hills west of the beaches sheltered them, and of course there is limited area to build up heavy flooding.

EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 10:45 AM

Just heard from the Havig's, Bill & Judy. They are in Sta.Rosalia where cel service is up, doing chores and will do email shortly at the chicken joint.
They are staying at the Mulege Hotel where services are spartan enough the Hotel is refusing new bookings even tho they have rooms. Got water part time like the rest of downtown, no electricity. Caroline is there, Gene was taken to San Diego for treatment of his legs about mid-week.

Orchard-Oasis-Jungle-Maribelle (south) side of the river will have no water for a while, numerous breaks in the main. Electricity will take till the poles/lines are repaired & CFE has work basically everywhere so that will be TBD for time. I took down replacement main breakers for the Oasis some time back, hopefully Leon had them high enough they will be an easy swap when power comes back on.

My ceiling is confirmed- on the floor. Water got over the ceiling joists. Actual flood level was about 6" lower than Jimena but this flood was powerful & probably more damage than Jimena, maybe due to long duration or possibly due to the heavy mud making the water thicker so heavier. Breakage of walls is common tho sporadic (cracked lines in block walls & shift in the alignment so wall isn't straight). Good construction before held up, cheap work didn't. Ken Martin & others lost walls that broke in under the pressure. Jimmy Christopher lost his workshop to some extent again, haven't seen the photos yet but Bill will distribute them.

Relief fund for food packets is up to $1450.

[Edited on 9-20-2014 by EngineerMike]

Ribbonslinger
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 11:36 AM

Hello Engineer Mike

Our place is M1 behind Leon's office. Have you seen what shape it is in?

Thanks

Ron & Linda
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 02:28 PM

Tussy's place across street from you had 6ft water inside, not to the top of doors but close. Yours is up a bit from the ground but not as much as theirs. I'm guessing 7-7.5ft inside yours. I tried Leon by landline this a.m. but no answer; guessing lines are down & need to be restrung before he'll get service back.
Best of luck. Good thing is structurally you are well shielded from the force of the water. I'd expect window damage but not broken walls.
And mud. Always the mud. Plenty of mud.

Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.