Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Anything from Mulege
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 03:46 PM

Relief fund for food packets is up to $1,600.
Thanks to all, Mike

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 03:57 PM

mike...sorry....one more time where we send relief...i promise this will be the last time....and....does our house still have a roof????....amaaaaaaaaazing!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 04:53 PM

Relief fund for food packets was just matched by a generous couple, so we are up to $3,200.

Saul wasn't home, so I talked to his daughter. He had to get out of the store, the mud & condition of his business, and just take a walk to clear his head.
When I told Julia the news, she was overcome with emotion & couldn't respond due to the tears. It took some time for her to regain her composure. It was very touching, and she says "God Bless all who are thinking of Mulege at this difficult time."

There are many people out of work at this time of year, they are without refrigeration & money and need help. Her family was already assembling packets from our call this a.m. when the fund was at $850, as the needs around town are immediate. This was a nice ray of sunshine to know there are others who are thinking of those who are in trouble and willing to lend a hand.

Paypal donations can be sent thru me at mike@fleming.cc (not dot com)
If you wish to send a check (I have some email pledges that way):
Mike Fleming
1284 Vintage Way
Auburn, CA 95603

Last time we did this folks donated $1,950 and we distributed 66 food packets IIRC. We are doing even better this time. Thanks to all!

[Edited on 9-20-2014 by EngineerMike]

walters886
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 07:35 PM
WillieAirstream Status?

Has anyone in the Mulege area seen or heard from Richard, aka willieAirstream? Friends would like to know about his safety and situation. Thanks in advance, Walt and Nina Stolar
JimmyChristopherDaughter

[*] posted on 9-20-2014 at 08:15 PM

Engineer Mike or others who may know Jimmy Christopher, let him know we want him to be safe and don't try to build that darn workshop back too fast. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone there. I'll reach out to the Rotary Clubs in Las Vegas and Henderson (NV), hopefully they haven't already committed funds else where and can contribute to Mulege.
Subastador
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 12:05 AM
Just refresh the procedure....

ON LINE DONATIONS THRU MULEGE ROTARY

DONATION PROCEDURE USING PAYPAL:

We are using Mike Fleming's paypal account. Here is how you do that:

1. go to paypal.com

2. login as usual

3. click on "send money"

4. copy and past or just type in TO: mike@fleming.cc

5. fill in your donation amount, click "PERSONAL" and choose "gift" and click continue.

6. on the next screen scroll down & write in the note space: "Forward this donation to Mulege Rotary" then click send and you have donated.

Some caveats:
First, misspelling will mess things up so cut and paste is the way to go.
Second: PayPal may hold large donation amounts for a day or two to "verify funds" or have other similar process with your account, usually they explain that on screen or in an email. No big deal.

Third: in step 5 above, clicking PERSONAL and choosing gift eliminates the 3% paypal fee so 100% of your donation is received.

Thanks for supporting Rotary and the fine citizens of Mulege.

Any questions....fire away. Use this forum or my email: tntsell@sbcglobal.net
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 02:00 AM

Random pics..

What used too be the Malicon,

What was the boat ramp..

What was the road to the ramp..

[Edited on 9-21-2014 by bigmike58]

The lighthouse is now an island and the boats are able to drive between El Patron restaurant and the lighthouse!!!

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 02:29 AM

A few more,

The Airstrip at The Serinadad,

Power poles heading South!

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?

bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cocoscabana
Curious about the condition of the beach communities south of Mulege, in particular Playa Los Cocos and El burro. And the small community of Coyote around Estrella del Mar and storage area. Bob and Susan?..any reports?

Posada not to bad, couple of sailboats beached,

Burro has High Water.. Looks like a few got wet floors, maybe more.

? Beach,

Santispac,

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 02:56 AM

my report...
if you have ANY interests in the mulege area you need to come and take care of your problems ASAP
do not wait till nov dec as some did the last big storm

the was a bad storm
roads are open and passable

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
my report...
if you have ANY interests in the mulege area you need to come and take care of your problems ASAP
do not wait till nov dec as some did the last big storm

the was a bad storm
roads are open and passable [/quote

Bob,
we understand what you are saying but recent emails form others on the ground in Mulege tell us that please don't show up all at once or to wait awhile longer...
Spotty water supply, no electric, food is still in short supply.
This would make us believe that what can you actually accomplish when you get there... Most of us in town have locals that know what we need to get done and take care of it..
Cell service came on yesterday so we were able to contact our folks to start.... I too am anxious to get there and git r done but having been in these before I don't want to add to the problem.... Just my humble opinion.....

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
PlanB

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 08:38 AM

Willy Airstream just sent one - helping on our place with crew for mucking and cleaning. didn't comment how he made out.

[Edited on 21-9-2014 by PlanB]
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 09:45 AM

I had 18 inches of water and 2 of mud in my new place. Old place had 8 ft of water, 24 of mud. Moved sept 1st, just in time.
Water line on south river road is gone. Tele gone.

North road is passable, barely. No power , water in town central 5 hours aday, no money in atm, but it works. Many folks lost everything. Penguinos is up and running with a good food supply and good generators. Sauls is completely trashed. Aylets lost their generator. Mud everywhere, but clean up is in progress.
Jorge Yee lost everything, his beautiful house is basically gone. He is looking for a semi trailer , 18 wheel type. Anyone have any leads. He will import it.

Shari... i waited for bigmike for 45 minutes.

Major damage here. It will be quite awhile before water and elec arrives in orchard and oasis.

Cliff ....email me asap

We have internet in mulege, if u have a generator. Online for 30 more minutes, if any questions

EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 09:51 AM

I hope someone had the presence of mind to pull the floating part of the boat ramp dock & store it above flood level. That was a lot of work & buncha good materials, hope its still usable.

bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EngineerMike
I hope someone had the presence of mind to pull the floating part of the boat ramp dock & store it above flood level. That was a lot of work & buncha good materials, hope its still usable.

Mike at Chivato said it is on their beach along with Jorge Yee's big black water pila.

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 12:01 PM

I am at Equipalce ,sp, restaurant using the internet . The US Consulate from tj is here with at least 20 support personal. He interviewed me, but had no answers concerning elec , water or internet.

Many people have emailed saying they are rushing here.Dont do it. Hotels can not take on guest with out services, gringo areas are with out services and will be with out for a long long time. Streets are a mess, dust is a problem as is mosquitos and flies. South river road is not passable, north is barely passable. Luma Azul is with out any services, as well as other gringo areas.Cell service is available in town only.
Food and mattresses are being handed out to anyone in need.
Backhoes are working hard cleaning up, but at least 2 have flat tires.

No bad days in Mulege, except in September.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 12:50 PM

Thanks Richard.....My thoughts and best wishes are with all of you...

Posada-BushPilot
Nomad

Mood: Baja Brained

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 01:22 PM

Critical Need

Anyone headed to Mulege or thru Mulege going south fairly soon?
We need to have 20 gallons of product needed to operate a mosquito abatement fogging machine owned by the Rotary Club. It is broken into 5 gallon containers. Transporting one container would be a help.
We will figure out a way to have it available in a location that is convenient for pick up.

IMHO, this need is vital. Does not appear that we will be able to depend on the Feds this time because the damage to BCS is so widespread. We have reports that people are already becoming Ill.
You can respond using my personal email if you wish: kasakepee@gmail.com
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 03:07 PM

Relief fund thru Mulege Rotary is up to $4,800 and growing.

As you can see from Posada-BushPilot, Rotary in-absentia is stepping up to produce real results. I can tell you from personal experience, the mosquito problem is real health level stuff. There was report dengue fever was in Todo Santos prior to the flood, and one unconfirmed case in Mulege also prior to flood. This is usually when dengue breaks out due to the swarms of mosquitoes hatching out. Very important work, along w/the food effort.
Thanks to all who can contribute!!

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2014 at 03:23 PM

Several outbreaks occured prior to the storm. MotoAl is coming down soon, i will make sure he sees this

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.