Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need info on Punta Abreojos post storm
RedBear
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 09:05 PM
Need info on Punta Abreojos post storm

Haven't seen any info on road conditions to Abreojos. Does anyone know if road is open? Leaving next week and need to know if anyone has info. Thx
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-16-2014 at 09:11 PM

i just talked to the police station in Asuncion. They said it wasnt too bad there, some high winds but very little rain so no flooding. They said Norbert was worse...whew. I dont know about Abreojos...maybe try calling the police station as the land lines seem to work but they have no cell service. The highway is closed between Guerrero Negro and Vizcaino and you cant get to Asuncion either as of tonight. I will call again tomorrow.

If anyone is heading that way, I sure could use a ride down from Ensenada in the next few days. You may not get through tomorrow but i bet by thursday or friday traffic will be flowing at least to central baja.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
PabloLJ

[*] posted on 9-17-2014 at 08:40 AM
Also looking for road info... San Diego to Abreojos

I have been trying to reach a few contacts via cell, no dice. Also, have friends in town who usually Facebook heavily, have seen that none have been online in >1 day. Read in other posts about 4 major road washouts in between the border and Abreojos; San Vincente (probably around the recent road mods), El Rosario (hope the "new" bridge held up), Catavina (probably the same 2 classic arroyos there), Vizcaino (they got hit hard!). I'll post when I hear something from there, I was planning on going down on 9/20, pushing out to 9/27 for now...
PabloLJ

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:21 PM

Update on 9/23:
As per contacts down there, all services have been returned to "normal" and life is back up and running over there. They lost cell and internet and the road in was damaged, but they have all been remedied.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:25 PM

internet is spotty...off and on so some may think there isnt any...all clear to come down now.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
whistler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:32 PM

See if it will post.

road1.jpg - 13kB

10%
PabloLJ

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:35 PM

From what I understand, they "fixed" this and have a detour handled. I am aware that trucks have been coming/going to/from town, so they must have something in place to remedy this road breakage.
whistler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:35 PM

This is at Rancho Fisher.The internet was down for four days after the storm.Friends are headed home today and tomorrow.I think they are coming home the back way.

10%
whistler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:39 PM

You are right.I forgot.Talked to a lot of friends in Abreojos and all they say is "todo bien".

10%
whistler
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:44 PM

Friends are headed down Thursday.

10%
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 06:42 PM

Yes Glenn everything back to normal. Road detour in place.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 06:55 PM

I have heard of people going both north to border and the lapaz students arrived yesterday to labocana ergo the roads are passable.

Pablo -have we met? Please stop by and visit us!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.