BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Odile relief--FUNDRAISING........
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 09:54 AM
Odile relief--FUNDRAISING........

.....I'd imagine that many nomads are best able to help those in their own locale's,,,but I and others are less connected on-the-ground in Baja,,,and waiting,hoping to hear of organizations that are receiving donations and assisting relief.
...it'd be great to hear of local efforts and 'fund-me's,,as well as larger operations.

....I've only heard of this homespun but well recommended effort out of Mulege,,,,, http://www.gofundme.com/ekf82g ,,,and some mention of the 'rotary' so far ...please drop some details of other groups doing fundraising,,thanks!

[Edited on 9-18-2014 by micah202]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:09 AM

...ahh,,just noticed the Baja-offroader's relief.....excellent initiative for immediate relief of material needs...I wish I was closer to s.Cal to donate some goods

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75447

[Edited on 9-18-2014 by micah202]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:27 AM

If you want your money to go to a specific area, pick a specific funder..

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
If you want your money to go to a specific area, pick a specific funder..

...'specific funder' ..........is there a list somewhere??:?:
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:42 AM

also Bisbee' Cabo Relief
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:44 AM

agree with Micah...some many nomads and so much Baja...perhaps research needs in "your" favorite Baja spot and focus there...also hard to vet the "fundraiser" and where and what % of the stuff gets to the end-user...being selective might help ensure that it actually gets there....that being said...easier here than there
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
also Bisbee' Cabo Relief

...this?....... http://www.bisbees.com/los-cabos-hurricane-relief-fund
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 01:54 PM

Please check out LigaMAC. I have been personnaly involved with this fine organization for around 8 years. Am currently on the Board of Directors. We serve the San Jose del Cabo area with public assistance, educational scholarships and medical assistance. I am very proud of what we do. We are grass roots with a community center in the Zacatal neighborhood. If you want your donations to get as close to the people in need as possible this is the place to do it.
Take a look at our FB page and see what you think. Thanks for any donations to wherever you send them. The people need our help.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liga-MAC-AC/170414556303073

And to donate go here;
http://www.ligamac.org/index.php/support-us/donate-now

[Edited on 9-18-2014 by El Jefe]

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 05:27 PM

here you go! If you read more than your 3 personal threads you can learn.
USA DONATIONS
Ship or deliver from 8am-5pm to:
Mexicana Logistics US HQ
7734 Formula Place
San Diego, CA 92121

MEXICO DONATIONS
Mexicana Logistics Mex HQ
Calzada de las Americas #951
Col. Compuertas. Mexicali, BC 21218
(Cruzando la calle del Colegio de las Americas)

Email questions, ideas etc to: bajaracershurricanerelief@gmail.com
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jakethedog
here you go! If you read more than your 3 personal threads you can learn.
USA DONATIONS
Mexicana Logistics US HQ
7734 Formula Place
San Diego, CA 92121

MEXICO DONATIONS
Mexicana Logistics Mex HQ
Calzada de las Americas #951
Col. Compuertas. Mexicali, BC 21218
(Cruzando la calle del Colegio de las Americas)

Email questions, ideas etc to: bajaracershurricanerelief@gmail.com

...ummmm,,,I read enough to know that excellent effort is primarily goods distribution--useful if a person is in SoCal.
...as you know,,I'm in canaduh,,eh:)
edit---just noticed this.....
''We have had an amazing response in the first 24 hours ..
You can purchase items ONLINE with COSTCO and request them to be DROP SHIPPED to the US Location at Mexicana Logistics.
Every thing helps from 6 cans of food. to one package of diapers or 1 case of water….it all helps.
Simply buy it online and drop ship to ML listed in the post above.

.'El Jefe'...that sounds like a good one--I'll pass it on;)

[Edited on 9-19-2014 by micah202]
jay045
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 09:03 PM
International Community Foundation

There's a legit foundation in San Diego that's fund-raising for relief. Here's a link to their website, http://www.icfdn.org/index.php , which has a fund set up for relief in Baja Sur...

Go here for their Charity Navigator rating, which is pretty good: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary...

[Edited on 9-19-2014 by jay045]
mdrewelow

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:09 PM
YachtAid Global and fund raising for Baja

Hi all, i am the founder and executive director of YachtAid Global. We coordinate moving humanitarian aid around the world using private boats. see www.yachtaidglobal.org

Before Odile hit we coordinate aid to go aboard the 78 meter sail boat M5 in Puerto Vallarta. Sept 17 AM she arrived into la paz and anchored off the area to do a security assessment. Today Sept 18 she offloaded general aid like water containers, canned food, pop up tents, tarps, line, general first aid..... she pumped ashore thousands of gallons of fresh water intro tanker trucks. The first truck delivered the water to Cabo San Lucas hospital. The second truck delivered to San Jose Del Cabo hospital. As far as we know this is the first large scale water delivery in the area.

This info can be verified by Dr Rogelio Ortiz in La Paz who coordinate the distribution. Dr is adviser of the minister of health, Coordinator of the State Children Cancer Prevention and Treatment Program and Coordinator of the State Children Cardiac Program and Open Heart Surgery Missions.

Next up is a $ 20,000 usd medical wounds care supplies donated by St Marys Med Center in San Francisco thanks to TJ Haga. Working to use non profit logistics www.gotlift.org to move the supplies on one of the commercial planes going down to pickup people.

Just received word from the good Dr Ortiz that he has approval from " Medozas wife and staff" that the cargo will be fast tracked with zero customs issues as long as it is documented properly.

we are a real , irs recognized organization doing good work. Donate funds on our site www.yachtaidglobal.org or send like kind donations to the address on our home page.

Mark Drewelow
mdrewelow

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 10:10 PM
[url=http://www.yachtaidglobal.org]www.yachtaidglobal.org[/url]

YachtAid Global web site is www.yachtaidglobal.org www.yachtaidglobal.org
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 08:32 AM

Has anyone approached Slim Helu for massive donation? He has gotten so much from his country and he has massive personal resources that he derived from his customers, the Mexican market, and his employees, that is the citizens of Mexico. Possibly he could donate as little as 2% of his wealth which is, let's say, oh, a little over $1 Billion. He could donate 10% (that would be about $6 Billion).

I mean, if he did that, I understand that he and his family would have to see if they could get by with the remaining $55 Billion...I know that is a lot to ask.

It is his country, figuratively and, to a significant extent, literally.

[Edited on 9-19-2014 by MitchMan]
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jay045
There's a legit foundation in San Diego that's fund-raising for relief. Here's a link to their website, http://www.icfdn.org/index.php , which has a fund set up for relief in Baja Sur...

Go here for their Charity Navigator rating, which is pretty good: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary...

[Edited on 9-19-2014 by jay045]

Ligamac receives tax deductable funds through ICF. We work hand in hand.
Here is the link;
http://icf-xchange.org/donateonline/index.php?webkey=ligamac

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 10:49 AM

I am in the process of finding out if donations can be run through Rotary International and directed to Mulege'. We have a very active group in Mulege' with many fundraisers,, all the proceeds go back directly to the Mulege' community.
If I find it will work I will post the information...
Hoping our freinds and family there now are staying safe and well.. We have not heard from many since early Monday..
We did get word from one that food and water were becoming a big problem..
Thanks to all that want to help our little piece of paradise...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 12:00 PM

re: earlier post.
funds can be sent direct to the mulege rotary club and 100% is used in the community...
I have an address for members in the US if you want to send there and they will take them down....

thanks

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 02:53 PM

ON LINE DONATIONS THRU MULEGE ROTARY

DONATION PROCEDURE USING PAYPAL:

We are using Mike Fleming's paypal account. Here is how you do that:

1. go to paypal.com

2. login as usual

3. click on "send money"

4. copy and past or just type in TO: mike@fleming.cc

5. fill in your donation amount, click "PERSONAL" and choose "gift" and click continue.

6. on the next screen scroll down & write in the note space: "Forward this donation to Mulege Rotary" then click send and you have donated.

Some caveats:
First, misspelling will mess things up so cut and paste is the way to go.
Second: PayPal may hold large donation amounts for a day or two to "verify funds" or have other similar process with your account, usually they explain that on screen or in an email. No big deal.

Third: in step 5 above, clicking PERSONAL and choosing gift eliminates the 3% paypal fee so 100% of your donation is received.

Thanks for supporting Rotary and the fine citizens of Mulege.

Any questions....fire away. Use this forum or my email: tntsell@sbcglobal.net

Here you go! You can do this one from Canada
CoachWorthy

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 06:54 PM
WavesforWater.org

I would like to mention www.wavesforwater.org A plane is flying down sunday to La Paz with several hundred water filters for the region. This is a legit organization with much history throughout disaster areas, Haiti, Chile, Philippines ect. Please help!
ecomujeres
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 09:14 PM

Donations for Santa Rosalia, Mulege and Surrounding areas.

Fundación Hagamos Más por Santa Rosalía is assessing needs in surrounding areas and raising funds to help as much as they can. They accept material donations in Santa Rosalia as well as cash donations through Bancomer. They are the same group that has been doing great work in Santa Rosalia with the dog shelter, spay/neuter clinic, recycling programs, and other social programs in their and outlying communities. Please consider offering support through this local group.

Hagamos_mas-solicitud_eng by dvalov, on Flickr

http://www.lasecomujeres.org (Bilingual environmental education about Baja California)

Check out: http://www.meloncoyote.org (project of Journalism to Raise Environmental Awareness; a quarterly news bulletin for the Gulf of California Region).
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.