Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Gringos vs P-nche Gringos
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 09:44 AM
Gringos vs P-nche Gringos

I notice that there seems to be some on here that have been to Baja a few times and want to immediately consider themselves knowledgable about Baja and the people here.
Yet, they are still offended by being called a gringo :lol:
It is not a big deal at all and it is not meant to be offensive. Besides, it's just a word.
P-nche gringo on the other hand is meant for those who are arrogant, loud mouthed annoyances who are trying to impress their friends with their vast knowledge of Baja and their total abortion of the Spanish language while they are trying to speak it.
These types are commonly found in restaurants and internet cafes up and down the peninsula, especially in the gringo enclave areas, making fools of themselves in front of the Mexicans.
They generally spend their time complaining about how they were ripped off, someplace was to dirty for them, or something wasn't done on time.:lol::lol:
Unfortunately, the gringos (P-nche or not) that are moving down here are used to a life style that has made them feel as if they are better than others, especially poor Mexicans.
This also seems to make them think that the world and time schedules revolves around them and their lives. :lol::lol::lol:
And they get upset when it doesn't!:biggrin:

And then, they show their true P-nche gringo selves whining and complaining about it.
Yep, there is a big difference in the two terms. I guess the bottom line is, the few who have patience, morals and are trying to learn rather than impose their ridiculous ways would be just gringos.
And the rest of you are pretty P-nche:lol::lol::lol:
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the joke...my first out loud laugh of the day!!!!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:51 AM
Common characteristics of the migratory P-nche Gringo

1. P-nche gringo A moves to somewhere in Baja, buys or builds a house, hires a maid and gardener for $20.00 or $30.00 a week, doesn't learn enough of the language to communicate, and does nothing but complain about how lazy or stupid the help is when they really just don't understand because A is just talking jibberish rather than actually giving directions and explaining what is wanted.

2. P-nche gringo B takes some friends to somewhere in Baja that is dirty. Go figure:lol:
Rather than setting an example by cleaning it up, they complain and whine to the locals and then come home and complain and whine to everyone else.

3. P-nche gringo C takes a vacation. He happens to end up where there are also Mexicans vacationing. Mexicans like to party and they are good at it.
Gringo C rather than join in and have fun with these people, (everyone is usually welcome!) complains about the noise, laughter, hours of operation, kids up past their bedtimes, drunk people singing, blaring speakers, etc.

4. P-nche Gringo D has moved to Baja, settled in and is now bored. Even the happy hours aren't enough anymore so greyhounds or gin fizz's start out the day.
It is now time to go to the local meeting place, bar, intenet cafe to be heard. And what else is there to talk about other than, how "these people" are constantly ripping them off, lying about work schedules, not doing what they are told when they are told, being lazy, and just having plain bad attitudes.:lol:
You can't miss these guys because they are the ones either talking louder than anyone else or shouting their vast knowledge across the room.
P-nche Gringos don't accept the fact that if you treat someone with respect, no matter how different they are, they will receive respect in return.
P-nche gringos don't realize that in order to communicate accurately, you must first speak and understand the language.
P-nche gringos don't realize that it is not just about themselves and their lives but their Mexican neighbors and communities as well.
At least, if your not a P-nche gringo anyways:light:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 12:02 PM
Mas

P-nche gringos move to Baja and rather than get a feel for the locals and trying to fit in, they tell all their friends what a great deal it is and get them to move in nearby rather than making new friends and learning the language. Safety in numbers. Gringo enclaves.
P-nche gringos eat at "safe" gringo restaurants rather than eat local foods and go to taco stands.
P-nche gringos are always afraid of the Mexicans. They think they are all the same and are just out to rip them off.:lol:
This could not be any further from the truth.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 12:37 PM

Where in the world are you meeting all these dumbshots, JR?

Lee

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 01:13 PM

OK lets lightenthis up just a bit. I've tweaked an old song just a little. Hope you like it.

Verse l:
He lay face down on the desert sand
Clutching a six-pac in his hand
Too much tequila, I thought he was dead
Looking more rumpled than an unmade bed
But a spark still burned, and I liked his wife
So late that night I saved the life
of Gringo
(Refrain: Gringo, Gringo)

Verse 2:
I nursed him ?til the danger passed
The days went by, he mended fast
Then from dawn ?til setting sun
He practiced having Baja fun
Hour on hour I watched in awe
No human being could match the guffaw
of Gringo

Verse 3:
One day we rode the mountain crest
And I went east and he went west
Out on east cape I opened a bar
While he broke the fun meter near and far
An arrogant attitude brought ill fame
All through the land they called him the name
P-nche Gringo

Verse: 4
I knew some day we?d face the test
Which one of us would be the best
And sure enough the word came down
That he was holed up in the town
I left the buggy in the street
And I went in alone to meet
Gringo

Verse 5:
They said my boozing was next to none
But my afternoon drinking had just begun
When with shaking hand he grabbed my wrist
And forced a shot glass into my fist
And I was looking for the door
But I knew I?d have to drink some more
with Gringo

Verse 6:
I guess we had been there quite a while
When I finally saw him smile
He slowly lowered his glass, and then
He said to me, ?We?re pedo, friend.?
And so at last I understood
That there was still a spark of good
in Gringo

Verse 7:
I blocked the path of his retreat
He turned and stepped into the street
A taxi knocked him to his head
A moment later he lay dead
The town began to shout and cheer
Nowhere was there shed a tear
P-nche Gringo

Verse 8:
The story spread I had been able
To drink the Gringo under the table
And it was just the years, they say,
That made me put the bottle away
But on his grave they can?t explain
The tarnished shot glass above the name
of Gringo

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
P-nche gringos move to Baja and rather than get a feel for the locals and trying to fit in, they tell all their friends what a great deal it is and get them to move in nearby rather than making new friends and learning the language. Safety in numbers. Gringo enclaves.
P-nche gringos eat at "safe" gringo restaurants rather than eat local foods and go to taco stands.
P-nche gringos are always afraid of the Mexicans. They think they are all the same and are just out to rip them off.:lol:
This could not be any further from the truth.

It's natural for peoples of like culture to cling to one another and it's not just a exclusive phenomenon of gringos that live in Mexico.

I know of a Mexican "enclave" surrounded by millions of gringos. A place with thousands of "safe" Mexican restaurants, where one can live a complete life, cradle to grave, without speaking a WORD of English. It's called.....East LA.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-21-2004 at 02:07 PM
Ain't heard that one before

Ok Miss Editor, "These types are commonly found in restaurants and internet cafes up and down the peninsula, especially in the gringo enclave areas, making fools of themselves in front of the Mexicans."
And, many of my new neighbors fit the description perfectly!
But, I do get around and try to keep my mouth shut while being observant. Unfortunately, I ain't just a kidden!!

And once agin, not all gringos are "P-nche". But, enough of them to make me want to say something about it.
I'm sure these comments will ruffle some feathers but, if the huarache fit's, think about it.

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 02:37 PM

JR, you may be right about the Gringos, of which I am one, and the P-nche gringos. However, the most disrespectful, downright act a fool people I have ever encountered in baja, are the "Vato" type mexican americans. They are in my estimation, one step or two below the P-nche gringos. They abuse the country the land the people and everything they come in contact with, and don't expect to spend a dime. It's as if the country owes them something because their ancestors came from there. One, or two steps below them are the Canadians. :lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 02:59 PM
Can't disagree with you there

many of my P-nche vecinos nuevos are of that persuasion. (San Gabriel Valley/L.A.)
The good part with them is, they are all afraid to go south of Ensenada because of all the stories they have read.:lol: And who am I to tell them any different.
They think all these donations are for Alaskan Eskimo kids, rather than my braving the "wilds" and "bandidos" of Baja. :lol:
And, here in Rosarito those P-nche cholos, have many a face print embedded into the palm trees.:lol::lol::lol: The Mexicans feel the same way about cholos, fortunately, there's just not that many of them to be more than a nuisance. Like mosquitos in BCS.:lol:
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 03:25 PM

JR. I'm stopping by tomorrow. I pick the wife up a 1.15 pm in TJ. PM me with th directions to your place.:lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 03:35 PM
Dave,

Having spent many a year in the heart of that action, (98% chicanos at El Rancho back then), the most Spanish I heard was ordering food at Taco Bell or the Green Burrito.
Those pendejos were ashamed to speak Spanish, even if they knew how. They made fun of their parents and grandparents for speakin Spanish.
Something I didn't understand then and still don't understand now.
But, with their P-nche complex's about whoever they think they are better than, it sure warms one's heart to see their faces getting planted in a tree!!:lol::lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 04:45 PM
Know it all .

JR! You are just about ready for another "Trip to the Wood Shed!!!!

Who in the Cryin Hell made you the Expert on everything that happens in Baja ???????????

In all of my long life I have never met so a negative, whinning, sniffling, Americano who Claims he "Is with the mexican People'"'
Have you not learned anything from those Great Mountain people?????

Or is the only thing you know is to spout off at everyone that fits into a Mold of all those you do not Like. How Narrow, How narrow, How Narrow!!!

Comon JR You are suppose to have a Mind and some Balls, Get over your hang ups and go Forward instead of Backward.

You are wasting a lot of time saying the same thing, over and over and over and over!!!!!

If you don't be careful, one of these days that "Mad Electrictode in your Brain will short Circuit.

Merry Christmas

ANON The preacher
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 05:54 PM

Nice post, Skeet! I was about to send JR a tape recorder for the holidays...that way he could spout off to someone that cares.

Zac

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 06:07 PM
Obviously

there are some reading comprehension skills lacking here.
Try reading what I said s l o w l y and then try it again.
This shouldn't really have upset anyone, unless of course those huaraches were a perfect fit!:lol:
And I don't claim to be an expert, I just write what I see. And, I live here, now, not a "while back"!
Whether Baja boy wants to read it or not is his problem. But, a tape recorder would sure make one of those kids that I know nothing about mighty happy.
How much time have either of you spent in Baja in the last ten years since you seem to think I am making this stuff up?:lol:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 06:21 PM
Glad to see...

that I'm not the only one who gets sick and tired by all the "Holier than Thou" garbage. JR, if you want anyone to take you seriously who might start without promoting yourself while tearing everyone else down. The vast majority of the many I've met personally from nomad are in harmony with the people of Baja. It's you that should stand back and re-read what you write. I know a lot of times you are doing a tongue in cheek deal, but try and put yourself into the soul of someone reading your stuff. It's not funny, it's not serious, it?s just the rambling of one person working against a body of folks. Maybe there's something inside you that needs aggression. You can promote ideas without ripping away the way you do.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 06:31 PM
Well, glad to see it always the same few

who want to chime in saying it's all about me. Seems like you should be calling me anti-american, no?
If you FEW characters who consider themselves some sort of club, (think BOLA for xmas), think that what I am saying is promoting myself or anything close to that, the reading comprehension is worse than I thought!
What I am saying is supposed to make idiots spend time and respect the people most of you are so afraid of.
I am no expert. But I am here a hell of a lot more than any of you and I travel to more areas here regularly than most of you ever will.
Whether "vacationers" and "future retirees" who have seen very little of Baja want to argue about what is really going on here is kinda like me argueing about how to send a rocket to the moon.
Comprende?
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:00 PM
I'm not calling you anything

As far as I'm concerned this is about a style of writing that isn't getting your message across.

Here are a few excerpts from you above message:

"characters who consider themselves some sort of club"

"the reading comprehension is worse than I thought!"

"idiots"

"respect the people most of you are so afraid of"

"I am here a hell of a lot more than any of you and I travel to more areas here regularly than most of you ever will"

"who have seen very little of Baja"

Those are really the words of a marketing dude???

No one on this board posts anywhere near the grumbling, put-down babble you do. ALSO: not many put out as much good information as you when you're not busy spitting vindictives.

It's always you against the bad guys. That's not how life works.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:18 PM
Fuel for the Fire!

JR. A man of many points, but few words.

MH. A man of many words, but few points.:lol:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:26 PM
Me No...

That's cute, but look at the stars after JR's name.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.