BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone doing the Rosarito Ensendada bike ride tomorrow?
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 10:59 AM
Anyone doing the Rosarito Ensendada bike ride tomorrow?

Hey Nomads
Husband and I are are doing it! Can't miss another opportunity to ride on the scenic route as we couldn't make the first scenic ride in May.
If any nomads are riding it would be fun to hook up during ride or after ride.
Husband is a good rider 17+ mile mph I am a novice will be going closer to 12 mph.
Lori and Jeff
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 08:46 PM

Will be sitting out front of Las Gsviotas in Blue Chairs, with me wearing a White Charger cap encouraging you Riders onward. When you pass Ollie's Pizza at about km43 we will be coming up our high white concrete wall which has Las Gaviotas painted on it. Have a Safe & FUN Ride. The police are suppose to restrict vehicle use on the free road from 10am to 1pm for this bike ride. Take Care & Travel Safe " No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 08:46 PM

Will be sitting out front of Las Gsviotas in Blue Chairs, with me wearing a White Charger cap encouraging you Riders onward. When you pass Ollie's Pizza at about km43 we will be coming up our high white concrete wall which has Las Gaviotas painted on it. Have a Safe & FUN Ride. The police are suppose to restrict vehicle use on the free road from 10am to 1pm for this bike ride. Take Care & Travel Safe " No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 06:34 AM

Baja fun
we will look for you! I ride a Red and White Specialized bike and have a gray helmet, husband has a Red and Black Masi and a white helmet.
J&L
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 12:43 PM

Lori, good to see you out front of Las Gaviotas this Saturday morning. Know you will be tired when you get to Ensenada but email me & I will send you pictures of you on your bike in race & large biking groups in race. Take Care & Travel Safe " No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:57 AM

Any first hand reports on the road reconstruction?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 09:04 AM
road condition

Here is a report to the best of my memory, as I was pretty focused on the road and other cyclists. I wish I had the for thought to stop and take some pictures and pay closer attention.

The bike ride entered the toll road at La Mission and rode on what would be the north bound direction. Initially we got to ride on some nice pave road and then shortly before La Salina the road all of a sudden became a graded hard packed dirt. This went on for about 1/2 mile. Lots of flat tires in this sections. Not sure why this section was under repair. Then the road was nice again. At the land slide area near Salisuepes most of the pavement was in great shape and very fresh until the last 100 yards that was under total repair. Lots of people walked their bikes through this section. Serious road making equipment there. A very large tent that was somewhat permanent appears to be set up for the road workers. They even had someone cooking down there. At most points the southside traffic road looked great. Again only the 100 yards or so looked in totally disarray.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 10:02 AM

Thanks.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.