East Cape - Dorado, tuna, groceries and beer

East Cape - Dorado, tuna, groceries and beer

Dorado

A lot of bull

Limits have been easy.

Sailfish

Spinner dolphin, a sure sign of yellowfin

Sashimi time!

Our local market has been well stocked with fresh produce, dairy and most important cold beer.

Rescued this poor guy. It was good to see him swim away.

By now I believe everyone is aware that on September 14 Cabo San Lucas took a direct hit by the largest hurricane to make landfall in the area in recorded history. Devastation was widespread and in normal fashion the news media dwelled on every little gory detail. As bad as it was the press always seem to have a way of making it look worse than reality.

Hurricane Odile did bring hurricane force winds and several inches of rain to the East Cape but damage was very minimal. What has been most harmful and has had the largest impact is the closure of the Los Cabos airport until October 8. Also, the lack of current updates by the press of the amazing recovery and response of emergency relief by the Mexican government.

I have been receiving correspondence everyday from folks questioning if it is safe to visit our region. The picture that has been painted of no supplies or water and safety issues has frightened many. The fact is even the first arrivals on October 8 once leaving the airport will see very few signs that a storm ever hit.

We have had several cancellations because our guests have not been able to get here. To keep my sanity in the absence of charters we have gone fishing the last few days. Dorado, tuna and sailfish have been abundant.

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841
Geo_Skip
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for the news and for the job you did for the sea turtle. You sure paid your rent on this planet!
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:48 PM

Excellent job Mark!! I for one, always appreciate the pics you post and TY for the rescue!!

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the updates, photos, and helping the turtle. Good to hear things are returning to normal quickly.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.