Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: New Hotel in Guerrero Negro
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-3-2014 at 07:12 PM

thanks for the report...I shall be calling them to check up on the wifi thing as they said they had good wifi...although it has been awful service the last few days, in and out so maybe you caught a bad time and the system was down...it seems to go down for a bit then come back...I will check on it. No booze??? maybe they are awaiting a permit...we hope...was the bed comfy?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 07:46 AM

Shari,

the bed was comfi, but the pillows were as soft as my BFG MT tires on my truck.

Always travel with my own pillows anyhow.....

The hotel is located perfectly, just across the turn-off to BCS, so I didn't need to go into my least favorite town.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Lengua...I suggest La Posada Don Vicente for ease of parking, turning around and security...they are completely walled in and close a big gate at night...nobody gets in there. They have king size good beds,good internet, an indoor pool, goodies in the office and is a hop skip and a jump away from Las Cazuelas restaurant which is excellent or Cowboy Tacos across the street...tell em Shari sent ya!

As mentioned old Don Vicente is a "character" and getting rather ummm...testy...his son is mostly running things and he is very quiet. Jesus, the afternoon and night guy is super nice.

We spent the night there October 6. Great A/C and killer shower. Parking security was great.
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fernweh
I just stayed one night in the new hotel.
Thanks to Shari, $480 Mex for one person....

No WiFi in the restaurant or room, no A/C - probably not needed in GN,
the restaurant nothing to write home about, no alohol, but everybody very friendly.

Yes, you need the swan from the bed, its the only towel

I stayed there on Oct. 11. Five bars WiFi in the room, ice cold A/C, and very clear picture Mexican TV. Very nice staff, they will bring more towels if you want them. My traveling partner and I found the beds and pillows very comfortable. My biggest complaint was no hangers. They are still working the kinks out. It is now my "Go To" place in GN.

[Edited on 10-21-2014 by oxxo]
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 08:47 AM

thanks for the report Oxxo....I called them and mentioned Fernweh's complaints and they said they were working on the wifi and AC so good to know they are getting it together...did you try the restaurant?

oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
thanks for the report Oxxo....I called them and mentioned Fernweh's complaints and they said they were working on the wifi and AC so good to know they are getting it together...did you try the restaurant?

No, didn't try the restaurant but looks as nice as the rooms. Prices seemed very reasonable. Will try it next time. Just too tired that night to be hungry. We found the WiFi signal to be very strong in our room.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 05:00 PM

Does anyone know who is behind this project? Caracoles was built by a guy who was a jefe at the salt plant. Cowboy was built by a long time panguero. So who's putting the money into this place? Just wondering.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 06:03 PM

I tried to get some info out of the receptionist and accountant and some workers but all are very tight lipped...hmmmm....another mystery for Nomads to work on!:cool:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Does anyone know who is behind this project? Caracoles was built by a guy who was a jefe at the salt plant. Cowboy was built by a long time panguero. So who's putting the money into this place? Just wondering.

Maybe a farmer:o

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2014 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
I tried to get some info out of the receptionist and accountant and some workers but all are very tight lipped...hmmmm....another mystery for Nomads to work on!:cool:

Outside money? The photos I've seen show it to be a very expensive build given the town.

I guess we'll check it out soon.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2014 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Outside money? The photos I've seen show it to be a very expensive build given the town.

I know nothing about this particular hotel, but in general, hotels are a common money laundering vehicle in Mexico. It's pretty easy to own a hotel that sits empty a good part of the time, but show 100% occupancy on the books.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Quote:

I know nothing about this particular hotel, but in general, hotels are a common money laundering vehicle in Mexico. It's pretty easy to own a hotel that sits empty a good part of the time, but show 100% occupancy on the books.

That may account for the fact that they have not created a web site. Who Knows? But the photos look really good.
Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2014 at 12:52 PM

Wife, Me & dog stayed there last week on the way to Cabo. Great room, confy beds. clean, secure parking. Ordered from Restaurant, delivered to room, excellent.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2014 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Quote:

That may account for the fact that they have not created a web site. Who Knows? But the photos look really good.

like a lot of folks now-a-days...using facebook and twitter etc.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Terra-Sal/4843142550045...
1Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: UP

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 09:47 PM

the snakes (towels) on the bed are an unusual touch - the place looks clean - but very americanized -but is good to know about as it is true that G N is very busy all year long and is in a place where the weary can stop for the night so good for them!-
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 07:05 AM

I had a maid show me how to do those swan pillows once - turns out it was pretty easy but ask me if I remember ????? not a chance.

Personally, I love the look of the hotel - very pretty choice of furniture etc.

Each year there are more and more people coming for whale watching. It may be a short season but it is very busy during this time of year.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 08:04 AM

we had pretty good feedback from our whale watching guests this season...very good front desk staff, most of whom speak English and very attentive and organized. Our nephew Alberto is one of them!

The owner is often there and very receptive to constructive criticism and actually acts on it. Internet is a never ending challenge there as it is sort of off grid for some reason so comes from someone else s antennae but they are working on it and I have had internet in some rooms. They have a complimentary computer in the hallway by the office to use too.They are putting a racquetball court in as well as building more rooms out back.

Seems they are now charging extra for dog rooms. The restaurant has some good meals...I like the breakfast and french fries! The beds and bedding are nice but the rubber mattress & pillow covers squeak!

They were full many nights so make sure you have a reservation. I wonder when they will raise their prices as this 550 pesos was just a special. All in all, it is a professionally operated place, very very clean with huge rooms with 2 king beds in each room. I hope they make some singles.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

Seems they are now charging extra for dog rooms. The restaurant has some good meals...I like the breakfast and french fries! The beds and bedding are nice but the rubber mattress & pillow covers squeak!.

Can someone elaborate on ''rubber mattress?'' Which rooms?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote:

Hotels are a common money laundering vehicle in Mexico. It's pretty easy to own a hotel that sits empty a good part of the time, but show 100% occupancy on the books.

You're showing a devious mind loco. :light:;):biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 3-24-2015 at 06:06 PM

My family and I spent a night at TerraSal on our way back from Mulege after Thanksgiving, we were hauling a 16' boat and had the truck loaded with our camping gear, the "velador" directed me to park at the far north end of the property along the wall (about 10' tall) and I was kind of worried about my stuff, but just as I was told at the reception: "no hay problema", there was nothing to worry about, the watchman is there all night long taking care of business. The room was very clean, good ac, good tv reception, huge and clean bathroom, the only downside was the automatic air "freshener" spraying its crap all night long... the overall design is poor to say the least.... just as dry as the surroundings. In the morning (sunday) we enjoyed a great all you can eat buffet breakfast: eggs, machaca, bisteck ranchero, menudo, beans, tortillas and even some hotcakes, coffee, milk and juice... it seems the locals enjoy as well because they just kept walking in from the street. When we arrived during the night I was worried because of the entrance layout: when you can't see the inside in most mexican hotels, it's because it's a stop-n-go place (for a quicky) I asked the receptionist straight out if that was the case and she responded: "not art all this is a family hotel", which I can certainly bow for; and then the price: it's unbelievable!!! THIS IS A GREAT PLACE!!! We'll be staying here on our next trip during the fall.

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.