BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: the oct 3-5 gonzo fly-in, any still going?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 02:05 PM
the oct 3-5 gonzo fly-in, any still going?

before amigos sailed into cyber-heaven we had a thread going for a fly-in to gonzaga. if any of those planning on it have migrated here, how about lets pick up the chatter and see if its still on.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 03:03 PM
Gonzaga

Capt Mike - Mary Ann and I are planning to be there.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 05:24 PM

I am planning on it... Only issue would be school missed (if any) for my two teenagers... October is one of the finest weather months in Baja.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 06:39 PM

Since We will be in residence at Campo Christina we will be there. Save us a tent spot.
Max

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 07:01 PM

I'm planning on driving (not flying) down from Mexicali but haven't made reservations or anything.

Look forward to it.

Braulio.
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 12:39 AM

Change of plans for me Mike, The Missus decided she was going to play hookie from school and come with me. Only problem is she refuses to ride in the motorhome from La Chapala to Gonzaga.:lol: Any volunteers willing to carry a large tightly wrapped squirming bundle? Looks like we'll be close by in L.A. Bay.

Bedman
Sgt Bob

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 05:45 AM

I still have it on my calender!! :bounce:
fishuntr
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 02:42 PM

I gotta figure out how to get my little tin boat down there w/out the roof rack.(It is due for major mods). Anyway Rowdy & I will be there even if we have to shore fish. I hope there is room . I sleep in my shell camper.

Do the best you can and enjoy your life
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 03:30 PM
BEDMAN

Hey Steve, Mary Ann and I will be continuing south after the Gonzaga weekend. We've got a spot reserved at Gecko for that week. See ya there!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 04:04 PM
Hey Bedman......

I thought Emma was now the pro Moho driver on that route, what happened? I know Brendan and Cody prefered her driving, LOL!!!!
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 05:48 PM
Dinner

That's too bad Steve...I had planned to buy you and Emma dinner at Antonios for the big dinner I owe ya':P

We gotta talk about suspension...I think I've got it dialed in. With the new bypass 2.5 King Shocks...the DesertTank is rolling on the washboard at very comfortable speeds and the drive from San Felipe to Gonzaga is no different than riding the 91 freeway...no exaggeration at all...you'd be shocked. A passenger could easily drink a Martini without spillage if that was allowed in my truck...It's desert racing technology turned towards vehicles that everyday people use in the dirt.

Last weekend we ran 100 miles of dirt road in North Baja on the Pacific side testing out the newly installed system...and it was comfy and unbelievable.

Stay tuned for the latest updates...

Desertbull:cool::o
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 08:01 PM

JJ, There are some pretty neat foam pads designed for canoes. they fit snugly over the rails and just might do the trick!! Check them out at any sporting goods store that sells canoes.

Mike and MA, We'll keep a fire burning for you and maybe even a BOX of Vino!!

Tim, Dinners only a deal IF your better half comes too! That way we can quietly slip out the back while they Gab and go wet a line.

Hmmm..King Shocks? Do they make them for 30,000 pounders? Web site?

Bedman
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 08:12 PM
sounds like a lot of partyers going to be there

glad to hear it. All need to know that the BBP has booked Irma's solid for fri nite but sat they head south. earlier i thought they were only doing lunch there. Anyway, Gonzaga will be rockin' that fri!
sounds like a good weekend to pack a lot of camp gear if you're going.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Fisheater

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 10:02 PM
fisheater

I wouldn't miss it for the world. :D)
Brandi
Junior Nomad

tongue.gif posted on 8-29-2003 at 10:11 PM

Hey ya'll! Long time no talk...see...post...etc....
Arriving SLG October 2 with Etta and my family (13 total) and am anxiously awaiting to see everyone again. Flying down middle of September to get things ready for such a large group....if there are any arrangements I can make, or reservations I can request, let me know and I'll be more than happy to do so. Saludos mis amigos....hasta todos en octubre.....
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2003 at 10:55 PM

Wanted to go and now found out the Off-Road Expo is the same weekend...I hate these kind of choices....
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

lol.gif posted on 8-31-2003 at 07:32 AM
Gonzaga Bay Bash Oct 3-5

There might be a parking problem for airplanes in front of Antonio and Erma's cantina because of the 20 birds that will be there from the Baja Bush Pilots on Friday night. There is plenty of parking at either the east or west end of the Rancho Grande strips which are about a mile south of Alfonsina's. There are only two tie downs though...bring your own.

If the wind blows you'll need them!!

If you haven't landed on Alfonsina's beach strip before be advised that it looks bad on final but it's a good runway. It has pot holes....keep your yoke in your gut while taxiing and take it slow.

If you are at all unsure of landing there please us the Rancho Grande strips....one will always be into the wind. Alfy's strip is N/S and always has a cross wind from the beach or the mountains east and west. It is also likely that there will be a lot of airplanes parked at the north end of the beach strip...all the BBP types...and doing a go around if you screw up could be dicey.

The Rancho Grande strips are very good....6200 feet long and 140 feet wide made of packed DG. No pot holes. Avoid the edges of the runways because there have been some washouts there that you can't see until you are on top of them....again go slow and keep your eyes open.

Park facing West because that's where the strong afternoon winds come from. Rest of the time the wind is usually off the sea (east) or from the north.

Rodriguez usually charges $10 to park out there...per trip not per day...and he will send a truck down from his "7-11" at the west end of 9/27 if he wants the money...he will then give you a lift to Afly's.

See you there.:D!
Sgt Bob

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 04:38 PM
landing and going

:light:Gosh, BB, do you think it would be safer to use the alternate ,even if we're able to get there early? Have you checked the tide chart?
We're planing to stop over at the house in Puertocitos for the night and deliver goods and such. ;D

bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

[*] posted on 9-1-2003 at 08:45 PM
10-3 fly in at Alfy's

SGT Bob:

No problema: Low tide all week end. Only problema will be the BBP types and a moderate wait at the cantina for comidas which are always good.

The high tide is the next weekend and that is the best weekend of the year!....you get moonlight, sunlight and firelight (from your campfire) all at the same time as you are drinking yer cerveza in the surf.

It don't get no better.
Mexflyer

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 09:32 AM
Alfonsinas Fly in

Just some quick input with over 25 years of Mexico flying experience.. Regarding Alfonsina's and the Fly In... It sounds like with 2 flying clubs (with some driving) arriving for the same weekend, it is my guess that the staff and resources will be overwhelmed, Food and drinks could run out. Aircraft parking will be extremely tight as I am told the BBP is bringing at least 20 airplanes and this group might have 4-5??.. Plus the locals that have Aircraft and homes. Best of luck to all and you will find me further South..
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.